Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2018, 20:13   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
I dont think you will get canbus errors on verna for the head lights. .
Mine is a 2015 Skoda Rapid Tdi DSG. I am not really inclined to experiment with Skoda as I still have 6 months of warranty left and good will warranty for DSG till 7yrs/1 lac kms.
Old 2nd December 2018, 20:19   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Rather than going for Philips which are very expensive, why dont you try Amazon US or aliexpress. this thread has many tried recommendations for you to give a shot and experiment. I dont think you will get canbus errors on verna for the head lights. I have a friend who recently replaced it on the latest verna projectors with LED.
You can't match Philips LumiLED's quality with chinese replicas. The throw and quality is terrible plus philips warranty is unmatchable thus justifying the price.
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 23:23   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
You can't match Philips LumiLED's quality with chinese replicas. The throw and quality is terrible plus philips warranty is unmatchable thus justifying the price.
I would agree that generally the long term reliability of the product would surely be better for Philips over the generic chinese brands, but disgree on throw aspect. The chinese ones also which are designed well with high quality CSP leds have similar throw and brightness as Philips. I dont have any data for long term rel. So far I have had some chinese brands fail at 4 months and another running fine beyond a year.

Price delta for philips is minimum 3 times over chinese and can be deterrent for some to experiment.
Old 13th December 2018, 23:20   #109
BHPian

Need a help with the LED lighting that I just did on my Duster (2017 model). So I bought this HLXG branded lights (H1 & H7) from AliExpress and got them installed recently, the bright is doing a pretty good job I would say but I'm not really satisfied with the low beams. I don't have any pics in handy to show the beams, but I feel that the dims are pretty just okay. My installation was just plug and play and have no relays in the loop, is there something I'm missing on this. What should be done to get a good throw on the roads, I travel frequently on highways and poor lighting is a thing.
Old 14th December 2018, 09:34   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
Need a help with the LED lighting that I just did on my Duster (2017 model). So I bought this HLXG branded lights (H1 & H7) from AliExpress and got them installed recently, the bright is doing a pretty good job I would say but I'm not really satisfied with the low beams. I don't have any pics in handy to show the beams, but I feel that the dims are pretty just okay. My installation was just plug and play and have no relays in the loop, is there something I'm missing on this. What should be done to get a good throw on the roads, I travel frequently on highways and poor lighting is a thing.
Did you buy CSP/Flip Led ? If not then that might be one of the reason why the low beam throw is poor. Please share the link of the product that you purchased .
Old 14th December 2018, 11:19   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Did you buy CSP/Flip Led ? If not then that might be one of the reason why the low beam throw is poor. Please share the link of the product that you purchased .
Thanks for the reply,

I am using this one for the bright and this one for the dim.

If they are not the good ones, can you please suggest a pair for me please.
Old 14th December 2018, 11:54   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply,

I am using this one for the bright and this one for the dim.

If they are not the good ones, can you please suggest a pair for me please.
Both the products that you have chosen are outdated technologies. You should never buy tri or quad led setups.

This is what I would recommend

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...1b4b6cfeQ2ikO5

Although these are SMD chip technology, the location of LED is similar to that of the location of the filament in halogen. So should work well. I chose these because they are the only good ones available in the yellow-white 4300K color temperature.

If you are ok with pure white bulbs, then these are very good.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Osla...5-7dbafd2ba68c
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2018, 12:03   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Both the products that you have chosen are outdated technologies. You should never buy tri or quad led setups.

This is what I would recommend

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...1b4b6cfeQ2ikO5

Although these are SMD chip technology, the location of LED is similar to that of the location of the filament in halogen. So should work well. I chose these because they are the only good ones available in the yellow-white 4300K color temperature.

If you are ok with pure white bulbs, then these are very good.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Osla...5-7dbafd2ba68c
Thanks a lot Sagar, will replace my bulbs with these as soon as possible.

If I may ask, for the current bulbs I could fit the ballast and the whole wiring into the dust cap. Is this okay to do or should I make some changes.

Last edited by psmenon : 14th December 2018 at 12:06.
Old 14th December 2018, 13:32   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Sagar, will replace my bulbs with these as soon as possible.

If I may ask, for the current bulbs I could fit the ballast and the whole wiring into the dust cap. Is this okay to do or should I make some changes.
The fan/heatsink should be outside the dust cap and exposed to air. Otherwise, the heat generated by LED will not be dissipated and the LED will die.
Old 14th December 2018, 23:17   #115
BHPian

Does anyone know what bulbs go for the Honda City ZX 2006 fog lamps? Are they H27 bulbs? Was thinking of swapping then to LED's
Old 15th December 2018, 08:39   #116
BHPian

Quote:
The fan/heatsink should be outside the dust cap and exposed to air. Otherwise, the heat generated by LED will not be dissipated and the LED will die.
Thanks for the reply Sagar. I have a doubt here though, if the fan/sink has to be outside it means that the dust cap must be punched to fit it out. Doesn't that cause dust/water to go in the headlamp cluster.

Another thing with my lights is that there is pretty good space between heatsink/fan and the dust cap and I don't think the heat sink would stay out, I'll share a pic of this in sometime. How to deal with it in that case.
Old 15th December 2018, 17:29   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Sagar. I have a doubt here though, if the fan/sink has to be outside it means that the dust cap must be punched to fit it out. Doesn't that cause dust/water to go in the headlamp cluster.

Another thing with my lights is that there is pretty good space between heatsink/fan and the dust cap and I don't think the heat sink would stay out, I'll share a pic of this in sometime. How to deal with it in that case.
Please post pics of the headlamp assembly. Will be easier to guide.
Old 15th December 2018, 20:29   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Please post pics of the headlamp assembly. Will be easier to guide.
@Sagar these are the best I could get of the assembly, I hope you can recognize the gap for the cap and the fan.
Attached Thumbnails
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img_20181215_201002.jpg  

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img_20181215_200630.jpg  

psmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 13:26   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As Sagar mentioned the earlier designs you used are better for fog but not for high and low beams. Preferably choose the ones with CSP Leds, they have good throw and more equivalent to halogens. Something like the link below

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNSU...7-eea0f8864427

Brands like Csunnylight, oslamp, novsight are good. Also from my experience its ok to keep everything inside the headlamp assembly as long as it fits and fans are not blocked. There's enough volume inside headlight to keep air circulated and heat exchange.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 09:07   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Sagar these are the best I could get of the assembly, I hope you can recognize the gap for the cap and the fan.
These pics are good enough.

Well, if you can fit the dust cap without obstructing the fan then all is good. Nothing to worry.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks