Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2018, 10:14   #121
BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
As Sagar mentioned the earlier designs you used are better for fog but not for high and low beams. Preferably choose the ones with CSP Leds, they have good throw and more equivalent to halogens. Something like the link below

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNSU...7-eea0f8864427

Brands like Csunnylight, oslamp, novsight are good. Also from my experience its ok to keep everything inside the headlamp assembly as long as it fits and fans are not blocked. There's enough volume inside headlight to keep air circulated and heat exchange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
These pics are good enough.

Well, if you can fit the dust cap without obstructing the fan then all is good. Nothing to worry.
Thanks a lot for all that suggestions and inputs Sagar and Supertinu. I would be on a Bangalore - Varanasi trip from Wednesday, hope the lighting wouldn't be a problem. Also I am thinking of getting a pair of Hella Rallye 3003 installed today.
Old 20th December 2018, 20:53   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
Thanks a lot for all that suggestions and inputs Sagar and Supertinu. I would be on a Bangalore - Varanasi trip from Wednesday, hope the lighting wouldn't be a problem. Also I am thinking of getting a pair of Hella Rallye 3003 installed today.
Keep some halogens during the trip incase the LEDs fail, you can easily swap them on your own and continue. Safe travels.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 15:12   #123
BHPian

@hserus, did you make any changes to the wiring for putting these lights. I own a 2010 Scorpio and am keen on making the LED upgrade if possible, hence the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
What I've bought for my Fiesta and Scorpio is a full set of LED lights from Aliexpress seller CNSUNNYLIGHT.

H1 / H7 / H11 headlamps for high and low beam, fog lights - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNSU...1-9005-9006/32

Stop lights -
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNSU...15e14c4dFrHwm2

Parking bulbs
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNSU...15e14c4dFPWUaZ

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNSU...27424c4dF3sQly

Brake lights
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNSU...27424c4dF3sQly

Interior / Dome bulbs
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNSU...15e14c4dFPWUaZ

Interesting in that they come with both a fan and a heatsink, and have a nice small form factor that lets them fit into even small and cramped housings.

The seller Sunny is very professional and she will work with you patiently on whatsapp (+86 189 9806 1368) or Aliexpress Messenger to help you determine the best fit for your vehicle.

Besides giving her the actual headlights from your manual, especially if you need H7 headlamps you may need a specific type of adapter to fit into your car's holder. Send her a closeup photo of your headlamp assembly with the h7 bulb removed.

Fully satisfied customer here.
Old 22nd December 2018, 01:26   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
@hserus, did you make any changes to the wiring for putting these lights. I own a 2010 Scorpio and am keen on making the LED upgrade if possible, hence the question
look up the original thread start to get some idea about swap. As long as you get the same type connectors, it will be a drop in replacement without any wire cutting.
Old 22nd December 2018, 05:55   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
No wiring changes or relays required as they are within the original 60/55W spec and have the standard connectors.

Pick the ones you need to order based on this table in the Scorpio manual. Section 2.4 Bulb Specifications in the online version https://www.withyouhamesha.com/owner...PIO-mHawk.html

I installed these and fair warning, the throw is pretty long - and super bright. Use high beam and fogs rarely if at all.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 00:50   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The ones with fan are known to fail in our dusty environment, especially if the fan is exposed.
I agree with Vid but the LED’s are well within the headlight housing with plastic cap sealed well - my Nighteye LED H7 failed two months back which was sourced from Xenon Planet for my Brezza. I’m surprised it gave up after a year plus one month since purchase date. This is mostly because of the fan failing to run when it heats up because as soon as the LED heats up, it used to shut off and restart once it cools down every 10-15 seconds.

I’m now looking for an upgrade. Nighteye (XP) disappointed me big time. I’m planning for Morimoto LED H7. What do you guys suggest?
Old 28th December 2018, 17:46   #127
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting from the verna thread (Hyundai Verna : Official Review)

Is anyone using the H27 LED sold by Hyundai for fog lamp? I was talking to the accessories guy at Advaith and he showed me an H27 LED. There was no proper branding and the box just says LED Headlight. The build quality seems good and comes with 2 years warranty. Wanted to check the feedback before spending Rs.7500
Old 28th December 2018, 19:38   #128
BHPian

Thanks guys fixed Philips ULTINON for 8k. The pics speak with good spread and depth. Low beam has enough depth too. They say it will last the life time of the car. The earlier Philips and osram H4 bulbs lasted 5 years each.
Attached Thumbnails
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img20181226wa0026.jpg  

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img20181226wa0027.jpg  

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img20181226wa0028.jpg  

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img20181226wa0025.jpg  

Johnn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 00:57   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

Is anyone using the H27 LED sold by Hyundai for fog lamp? I was talking to the accessories guy at Advaith and he showed me an H27 LED. There was no proper branding and the box just says LED Headlight. The build quality seems good and comes with 2 years warranty. Wanted to check the feedback before spending Rs.7500
If its unbranded then why spend so much. I would recommend look up on aliexpress and choose a high rated model. There are lots of options at 20% of the price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnn View Post
Thanks guys fixed Philips ULTINON for 8k. The pics speak with good spread and depth. Low beam has enough depth too. They say it will last the life time of the car. The earlier Philips and osram H4 bulbs lasted 5 years each.
What car do you have? very good result
Old 29th December 2018, 08:45   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Fellow owners, please recommend LED light upgrade bulb for Low beam (HB4) and High Beam (HB3). I am a complete noob when it comes to lighting upgrade and don't want to decide myself.

First of all, will all LED (for headlight) make sense for 2008 Civic. If not should i opt for Low beam LED and High beam HID or any other better way. Mine doesn't come with fog lamps, only a provision is made.

I don't want a pure white light, so should I look at 4300k ones? Let me know your suggestions. And also I don't want to do much alteration work like relay, new headlight assembly etc, just looking for a plug and play kind of set up. My requirement is for long night drives, which invariably I plan for whenever there is outstation trip.

Thanks in advance.

KK
Cross posting from Civic thread.

I am looking to replace headlight bulbs with LEDs and need inputs as I seem not to correctly understand the light stuff

Manual says 51W and 55W respectively for Low (HB4) and High (HB3). My first question is, the Wattage mentiones is per bulb or per pair of bulbs, mean, do I have to get 55W each bulb or both bulbs put together 55W.

Also, I am thinking of going for 4300k, as I don't want pure white lights, will this be sufficient to light the road properly for night rides.

Lastly, can I also go for a combination of HID for low and LED for high beams.

Request your help with the ones I can go for, I don't mind getting it from Ali Express.

Thanks in advance.

KK

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img_20181222_191652.jpg

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 29th December 2018 at 08:48.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 09:11   #131
Senior - BHPian

Per pair of bulbs

Search for cnsunnylight on AliExpress and message that picture with the bulb specs to the store owner Sunny. She will help you sort this out.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 11:11   #132
Team-BHP Support

Ordered a set of Morimoto Bi LED projectors from TRS. Should receive it next week. Getting rid of the xenons on my Merc, since they don't really give out too much light anymore (relatively speaking). Hoping these will be a good replacement in terms of brightness.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 19:04   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
If its unbranded then why spend so much. I would recommend look up on aliexpress and choose a high rated model. There are lots of options at 20% of the price

What car do you have? very good result

It's an old 2013 DZire due for change after 1.8 lakh km.

Need to add that there is no extra wiring at all only OEM.

There are cooling fins (no fans) attached well inside the dust covers so nothing is seen outside. Have to check in hot summer if heating is an issue.

I wanted peace of mind and assumed Philips know what they were doing. And it seems to be well designed with spread and depth as I already mentioned.

Take car guys drive safe, seat belt all passengers and use the low beam for your own safety.
Old 29th December 2018, 19:38   #134
BHPian

Pics of the box of the Philips ULTINON LED bulbs
Attached Thumbnails
Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img20181226wa0011.jpeg  

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-img20181226wa0013.jpeg  

Johnn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 11:13   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

I had got H27 for my grand i10 for Rs 1500 from Aliexpress. You can check my thread created here a few weeks back.

Most Viewed