Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2007, 08:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

4-Door Wide Track SIERRA from Chennai

Spotted this in Ashok Nagar area of Chennai where I was staying during my last trip there for the FISSME race. The car was spotless and looked like it had just come out of the paintshop. Waited around for a bit so that I could talk to the owner but it was already kinda late in the night.

A real treat for a Sierra lover like me. Something Telco should have done long ago.
Old 6th January 2007, 08:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think the car was done by Color World in central Kerala - they specialized in adding these pseudo-gull-wing doors to Sierras and had a long list of clients from various parts of the south. They've also done wide-tracks + modified front and rear ends to the Sierra.

Did you check carefully whether it was 3-door or 4-door? The Color World Sierras featured only ONE additional door on the LHS (too risky to open the door UPWARDS on the right on a busy road, according to them). EDIT: Yes your second pic shows a door on the right too.
Old 9th January 2007, 22:48   #3
elf
BANNED

That rear door's insanely huge! I'd love to see the right side one open up in traffic!

@Mpower: Any chance of getting some snaps with the door open?

Last edited by elf : 9th January 2007 at 22:51.
Old 9th January 2007, 22:52   #4
Team-BHP Support

lol i know. Imagine a biker who just cut you real bad and you want to get back at him.
the wwf term clothesline comes to mind. hehehehe.
Old 10th January 2007, 11:40   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I was looking for the cut on the door and then realised...Damn, the entire side glass opens with the door.

There was a better, more proportinate, job done on a Sierra. It was a proper 4 door.
Old 10th January 2007, 11:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I was looking for the cut on the door and then realised...Damn, the entire side glass opens with the door.

There was a better, more proportinate, job done on a Sierra. It was a proper 4 door.
Actually it isnt as bad as it sounds - remember that the whole sideglass is not on the sides, but curves over the roof. I've seen a few of these jobs (a person known to me used to specialize in this mod for the Sierra) and the side space taken up by the door upon opening is the same as that take up by a regular door opening ....ummmm...regularly!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks