Team-BHP - monster gypsy !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   monster gypsy !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/2026-monster-gypsy.html)

hi fellas ,

had been to mahim yesterday near paradise cinema . i parked ma car and looked up and saw 2 MONSTER WHEELS COMING AT ME ...whoaa , and then the guy passed me....saw that it was a gypsy with monster truck wheels and the guy was sitting up there in the sky :- ).

it felt huge , like almost it cud crush and walk over my ikon.

anyone knows whose monster gypsy it is ??

cheers

what color gypsy??

Anyways have u guys seen Bharat Dabholkars Hilux? That too has monster wheels.

was black in color ...maan the shell or cabin looked so damn tiny ....was like those monster american jeeps used during stunts in movies. yup had this crisp sounding exhaust note too..man wish i cud have recorded the clip on ma fone..but at that moment was just watchin the vehicle

Hahaha..i can imagine ur shock N_C,

once i was at a car tire shop and on the loft i saw these HUGE tires...and i asked the guy why he had truck tires...and the guy was like its for a modded gypsy !!!

ive seen a white one around as well...

cheers
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

Anyways have u guys seen Bharat Dabholkars Hilux? That too has monster wheels.

I swoon everytime I see that Toyota. High-lift, huge wheels and tyres...its truly a monster. One of the best looking off-roaders in India, I'd say

GTO

On the first day of the dragrace there was a black Gypsy with huge tyres parked where Sumico, Adi and me parked our cars. It looked good.

Bharat Dabolkars Hilux is quite amazing I even remember him saying that he just runs through the floods in the monsoon like no ones business.. Well I guess with a monster like that its always possible. And of course we have good ol' GTO run over dividers in his CJ

Cheers

Hey,

by sumico dyu mean Sumit Choudary? (if so why dyu call him that?) and is he a member of tbhp yet and howcum he hasnt jumped in with all the tYre advice being handed out lately?

R

Check this link : Mini Monster Gypsy

Formula India : Mini Monster Gypsy

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]by sumico dyu mean Sumit Choudary

Oh that was his MSN display name. And it got stuck in my mind.

hey v12 whats the size of those tyres on those gypsy???
did that guy do any mods to put those tyres???
wont the steering become hard with those huge tyres???

hey gto
u planning some thing like that for ur cj??
what the biggest tyre u can put on ur cjs bud??

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ April 10 2004,17:37)]did that guy do any mods to put those tyres???
wont the steering become hard with those huge tyres???

He definitely did some suspension mods and raised the height of the car.

The steering probably will be a bit harder, but not totally unmanageable (w/ powersteering ofcourse).

cya
R

hey r
what do yu think must be the size of those tyres?
16 inches??

AAdix,

I would say the WHEELS are 15" or 16" (talking abt the gypsy right?)

cya
Rehaan

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]u planning some thing like that for ur cj??
what the biggest tyre u can put on ur cjs bud??

Dude, My CJ is a daily driver, and I have to look for practicality also. The max that I could do without any suspension mods is my current size - 225/70/15. Anything else and it touches the inside on full lock. I have seen CJ's which were equipped with 255s and 275s. Looked awesome but drove like a nightmare. Steering was torturously hard, the ride was like riding a pogostick and the acceleration became really lethargic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The steering probably will be a bit harder, but not totally unmanageable (w/ powersteering ofcourse).

The Gypsy is not equipped with Power steering.

GTO