Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2007, 08:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
so hy not go for the original side skirts.the s10 already has them and you can get them for the 1.2 as well.
or are you talking about front and rear skirts.
Nope. Sideskirts alone will do me fine. The original stuff is usually overpriced. (I haven't checked prices for the skirts tho -- will do that today). If the price is reasonable (I actually don't know how much would be reasonable yet), I may go original.
Old 10th January 2007, 10:47   #17
BHPian

hello hafi, contact 16v100bhp[thats his id], hes got an s10, which hes done up quiet well.
Old 10th January 2007, 12:53   #18
BHPian

hydrashok,let me know of the prices of the original skirts too.when are you planning to get it done?i may not be free till next week mid.anyway we will plan it together once the prices are known.if the original are only marginally expensive,i guess we can stick to original ones!!
hellspawn,the headaches i got after changing my o.e. alloys continue to haunt me even today.i am planning to post them soon-only problem is i am slightly busy now and the typing all the problems into one post would be similar to entering the mahabharata in that post.but i will definitely do it-to caution other palio owners looking to upgrade to new alloys!!
Old 10th January 2007, 13:02   #19
BHPian

by the by hafi,i am from kottayam but now working in kolencheri-near to kalamassery!!
Old 10th January 2007, 13:12   #20
BANNED

palio mod

yeah i would also like to get a good audio fixed for ma ride...who does the best in cochin??..

and zak,with the extreme filter will there be any change in the mileage?

@hydrashok
whats the budget u r puttin for the side skirts?plzz leme know..as i would also like to make slight body mods to ma car...

HAFI
Old 10th January 2007, 13:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
yeah i would also like to get a good audio fixed for ma ride...who does the best in cochin??..
@hydrashok
whats the budget u r puttin for the side skirts?plzz leme know..as i would also like to make slight body mods to ma car...
Look no further than Emperor, Palarivattom for ICE work.

I'll check the price of the side-skirts and let you folks know. I'm not going for any other body mods.
Old 10th January 2007, 14:24   #22
BANNED

hey would vertical stripes look good for the car...i donno how it looks...says tat it gives it a more sportish look...is it good?....or will it look whacky?
Old 10th January 2007, 15:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

Welllll... vertical stripes work for some people, don't work for some. I'm of the "don't work" type. Check out 16v100bhp's garage to see how your car would look with stripes. He has a yellow S10, so the colour will be the same.
Old 10th January 2007, 15:36   #24
BANNED

There is a thread explaining Q cars!! I think that's best to be followed. Some minor body alterations which is not very fancy but decent. Even that could be avoided because your paint job does stand out from the crowd.
Some subtle & neat neon lighting, strobes etc.. will do for the exterior.And you can switch these off to remain out of unwanted attention (cops, bullies vaghera.... vaghera...).

The money saved from that can be put in to the engine mods and ICE.

Just choose Emperor if you want a decent ICE setup you can enjoy for yourself. If you want to do a community service by booming around, then you can approach any ICE installer. That doesn't require an installer like Zuhemi.
Old 10th January 2007, 19:49   #25
BANNED

hey zak how much shuld i spent to get a decent ICE done? and it must be worth the money too...
Old 11th January 2007, 11:34   #26
BHPian

hey guys...this is my 1.2

even i m looking for skirts.....lemme know the price when u get them

Last edited by jalsa777 : 11th January 2007 at 11:46. Reason: pic too big
Old 11th January 2007, 11:45   #27
BHPian

another pic

Old 11th January 2007, 12:04   #28
BANNED

Go to the ICE section and read the threads there to get an idea of how much to spend. Blokes have spent from 6k to 4L on ICE. It only matters how much you want to spend. On a very serious note, make a budget before you take the plunge, otherwise, you'll cry all the way to the ATM.
If you ask me how much to spend, I'll say 1L. And I'm damn serious. That's 15k HU, 40k amps, 10k front speakers, 5k rear speakers, 10k sub, 20k damping+install+wires.
That's a good system to me.
Another option is to start with some and upgrade gradually. More easy on pocket!

What do you plan to do first? ICE? Engine Mods? Body Mods?

Hydra, your car looks good as of now. If you want to do any exterior Mods, please stick to OE skirts and stop there. It suits you well I think. Anything else will be too flashy and won't gel well with your character dude!
Old 11th January 2007, 12:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hunting for Skirts

I checked with all 3 FIAT joints here in Kochi -- RF Motors, Koyenco (both TATA-FIAT) and TVS. All of them say the S10s skirts are not available easily. Even if we place an order, they aren't sure about when we are likely to get delivery at all.

The RF Motors guy was the most helpful. He advised that hunting around at local accessories places for an aftermarket skirt would be a quicker option. In the meanwhile, he said he will try with a direct contact he has in FIAT and see what can be done about S10 skirts. He will let me know in 3-4 days. The Koyenco guy was totally clueless and I had to educate him about what a "skirt" was. The TVS people have done the skirts for a couple of Palios 2-3 years back. None of the people have no idea about how much they are likely to cost (excluding painting -- they come unpainted). The RF Motors guy thinks a set of 2 (LHS & RHS) would be like 3K.

BTW, does anybody here have the contact tel. no. of Kitup Automotive in Coimby? And anybody know if they have a website? I googled around a bit and got a phone number that's "presently out of order" in English & Tamil, and I couldn't find a website either. Kitup might have what we are looking for.
Old 11th January 2007, 12:16   #30
BHPian

well,what skirts will suit my character zak??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks