Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2007, 12:19   #31
BHPian

hydra,i have a contact in rf motors.will contact him and ask him to somehow get it.perhaps if few of us enquire,they make get it for us!!

doesnt the tvs people have it?
Old 11th January 2007, 12:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Hydra, your car looks good as of now. If you want to do any exterior Mods, please stick to OE skirts and stop there. It suits you well I think. Anything else will be too flashy and won't gel well with your character dude!
You're right on, Zak . Even adding skirts is a bit extreme for the kind of guy I am. And I will go for skirts that look like the S10 OE ones only. I like the way the S10 looks hunkered down, because of the skirts. And like you said, that will be the limit of my exterior mods. Money spent on ICE is always more VFM. Unless of course the kind of skirts you're spending the money on have a hot babe inside

@carfreak, yessssss! By all means, ask them. TVS guys don't have it in stock. On order only, and that too they say we'll need to keep our fingers crossed after ordering.
Old 11th January 2007, 12:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

------------- DOUBLE POST----------------
Sorry, double post. Mods, could you please remove this post? Thanks.

Last edited by hydrashok : 11th January 2007 at 12:33.
Old 11th January 2007, 22:30   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
well,what skirts will suit my character zak??
Ummmm.... Lemme think!!!
Ughhhhh, the FAT ones?? Shall we say!!!

DUDE!! it's seriously a joke. No offence meant!
Old 12th January 2007, 18:30   #35
BANNED

@hydrashok
hey there is a place i know who makes custom skirts...y dont u try tat..cuz it costs much less than that of the s10's...
Old 12th January 2007, 19:39   #36
BHPian

ayyooo!!!zak,please spare me the fat skirts!!!i will get a heart attack!!

Quote:
DUDE!! it's seriously a joke. No offence meant!
hey zak,c'mon!!we both know each other well enough!!definitely i wont take such comments seriously!!
Old 12th January 2007, 19:43   #37
BHPian

hafi,wheres that place?do they do a good job?if the finish is not upto the mark,i guess we will wait for the original.
tried contacting my conact at rf motors,but he was unavailable today.will try tomorrow.
i may go in for the s10 spoiler too-like it very much.and if i finally decide(and decision making is one of my strong points,aint it zak??) on going back to o.e. alloys,i may go in for the s10 alloys too
Old 12th January 2007, 19:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
@hydrashok
hey there is a place i know who makes custom skirts...y dont u try tat..cuz it costs much less than that of the s10's...
I'm open to checking that too :-) Where?
Old 12th January 2007, 20:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
hafi,wheres that place?do they do a good job?if the finish is not upto the mark,i guess we will wait for the original.
i may go in for the s10 spoiler too-like it very much.and if i finally decide(and decision making is one of my strong points,aint it zak??) on going back to o.e. alloys,i may go in for the s10 alloys too
Yow! That s10 spoiler (original) is like 10K with painting. A friend of mine got one for his black Palio a couple of years back. Do you really want to spend 10K on a spoiler?

I'd want really good finish for the skirts too :-)

Man! Changing alloys again?
Old 13th January 2007, 02:22   #40
BANNED

Hey, this thread is turning out to be something now. A few uncontrollably mad Palio owners, engine Mods, exterior Mods, ICE, Sachin Tendulkar's skirts, FAT Skirtings, Alloys again (Please, not again GOD! Please!), Head jobs, Decision making like Bush's policy of pulling out from Iraq........
Guys, what's going on?

There're many modders around who can make not only skirts, even a Madonna out of fibre. Kitup (their quality matches OE & maybe better) has it's people doing this locally and at Coimby, PaulRaj & co who mods cars for Madaparambil etc.., Kurian from Kottayam (he's got a lot of hidden talent) and then some local fibre fabricators born with fibre in their hands. They'll be able to design and make any type of kits you all want.
But before you jumping in, think twice. Getting a kit made locally may not satisfy many (Carfreak, R U ears?) unless finished like a rolls' seat. That is not very easily attainable. Then, fibre can easily break, crack and get scratched (some fibre kits are stronger than metal too, but that is very rare). "The new look didn't last long" etc.. Problems caused by a fibre body kit is many.

Yes, I'm being too pessimistic here! Damn!!
But I am a Q car guy, right? Yes, I voted so in the poll somewhere.
So, you guys know what to do.

Whatever happens, I am going to be in Malaysia when Carfreak goes for his (soon, according to him) next alloy change. Check the Team-Bhp meet section.
Old 13th January 2007, 15:39   #41
BHPian

Namaskaaram!!

Hey guyz! Did i miss something??
I was out of team-bhp for some days and i can see that quite a lot have happened.
First of all congatulations on your new buy. 1.6 is simply great and with todays rates, its the easiest to lay your hands on if all you need is high performance. But as my granpa said "With great powers comes great responsibilities". Welcome to the world of FIAT. My advice to you, get a good contact person at the nearest FIAT dealer. You'll never know .

I've done up the induction and freeflows on my S10. Let me know in case you have any queries on this. Also try to get a nice set of 15 inchers. 100 pcd with the alloy nuts will fit in fine for a palio. I'll put up some more pictures on my performance mods and ICE shortly in my garage.
Old 13th January 2007, 19:40   #42
BANNED

hey ther is a slight difference in the outer body shape of s10 and 1.6 gtx na?...have anyone noticed it?...
Old 13th January 2007, 22:39   #43
Senior - BHPian

You mean the slight flare & crease in the front fenders, right?
Old 13th January 2007, 23:20   #44

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post

100 pcd with the alloy nuts will fit in fine for a palio.
HOW????
palio has a pcd of 98.arent you facing any problems by fitting 100pcd.whats the relevance of the alloy nuts in the above sentence.is it because of the alloy nuts that the 100pcd rims have fit the car
Old 14th January 2007, 02:24   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
HOW????
palio has a pcd of 98.arent you facing any problems by fitting 100pcd.whats the relevance of the alloy nuts in the above sentence.is it because of the alloy nuts that the 100pcd rims have fit the car
This was surprising for me too.. well here is the whole story..

I bought the 100 pcd hijoin mags and thought of getting it altered to the hub or vise versa. The hub has actually an inner rim/disc where the nuts really dig into. So i got this disc removed and went to a laithe with the mag. The guy there told that this can never be altered since its a perfect fit . Well, he was correct, he fitted the disc onto the wheel and showed it to me. He told me that the alloy bolts were important because of the taper it has on the edge where it contacts the wheels. The taper makes sure that the wheel is aligned properly on the disc when the the bolts are tightened.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks