Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2007, 11:56   #46
BHPian

Madonna out of fibre..

Speaking about doing a madonna out of fibre. I just met a guy who can do this and damn he is good at it. He does almost everything which is automobilish and made of fibre. the quality is just amazing. The strength of the stuff he builts is just too good. Here is a snap of a semi finished honda city skirt that he did for my friend.

His name is Ravi and his shop is near to chennai central. Let me know in case you need his contact.

I'm going there again today. I'll try to get some more snaps of his work this time.
Old 15th January 2007, 13:30   #47
BANNED

hey 1 more doubt guys...can we remove the cover of the head light of palio??....
Old 15th January 2007, 14:36   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
hey 1 more doubt guys...can we remove the cover of the head light of palio??....
Its sealed, and my advice is, you better dont. Water will seep in through the sides even before you know it. In fact i changed one of my headlamps because of this. You will never be able to fix it once the problem starts. It will be foggy for most of the time and you will have to get it out on the sun to remove it.
may i ask you what you are intending to do with it?
Old 15th January 2007, 14:38   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
I don't think we can. The entire headlamp assembly comes as a sealed unit. Except in the back (holder etc.) where you can pull-out the holder & put the bulb in.
Old 15th January 2007, 23:08   #50
Team-BHP Support

GUYS...

IS the palio 1.6 still available??? Can it be serviced at TATA dealerships???

What is the On-road price??? Heard 50k off for palio... Is it applicable for 1.6 too???

What is the performance??? Is it worth going in for a palio 1.6 over the swift??? (Given that i rate Maruti service here 10/10)
Old 15th January 2007, 23:14   #51
BANNED

Hey The Service Was Bad Before The Tata Owned It...now The Service Is Realy Good And I Give It A 10/10 For Tata Service From My Past Experiences.....

And About The 1.6...its Not Available In Most Of The Show Rooms..infact I Was In For A New Palio..
When I Found That Its Not Available,my Increasing Craze For Palio 1.6 Made Me Buy A Second Hand One...the Car Rocks...its In A Good Condition.....very Comfortable Driving..

If U Are So Particular For 1.6,why Dont You Try A Second Hand One..now The Rates Have Come Down Since Palio Is Undergoing Facelift...
Old 16th January 2007, 19:49   #52
BHPian

guys guys,i was away for a few days and this thread has really gone places!!wow!!

crazy driver,personally i feel buying a used 1.6 is much better than buying new.you can get it really cheap-around 2.5lakh for a 3-4year old example.the engine can withstand a lot of abuse and,anyway,i dont think any 1.6 owner would have really abused his 'darling' car!!and due to the poor mileage,its also likely you will get cars with a low odometer reading.spend the remaining money on mods(for eg. skirts etc!!)which this thread was actually started for.

hydrashok,these new alloys are giving me sleepless nights-there is a wobble at certain speeds which is really a bother.i am planning to fit the original alloy nuts back as 16v100bhp suggested-but that had another problem to begin with and thats why i went in for the steel disc nuts.let me see if i can get it rectified somehow.and about spending 10k for the rear spoiler-i know its too much but sometimes,for my car only,i dont care too much about money,but if you know any local guy who can do a good job,let me know.

zak,i will contact kurien.problem is,after my alloy wheel incident,i am scared to experiment!!i mean if something goes wrong,or if it does not come right etc.that experience has really shaken my concept of car modification!
Old 16th January 2007, 19:51   #53
BHPian

hafi,i think the s10 fender is different from the usual 1.6 gtx,but my 1.6 sport has the s10 fender,i think.
Old 16th January 2007, 20:16   #54
Team-BHP Support

carfreak - maybe there is a wobble because the wheel is not balanced properly.
Old 16th January 2007, 20:40   #55
BANNED

@carfreak
yeah definitly its different...there are a few differences in the exterior body between s10 and 1.6gtx...
Old 17th January 2007, 01:06   #56

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post
This was surprising for me too.. well here is the whole story..

I bought the 100 pcd hijoin mags and thought of getting it altered to the hub or vise versa. The hub has actually an inner rim/disc where the nuts really dig into. So i got this disc removed and went to a laithe with the mag. The guy there told that this can never be altered since its a perfect fit . Well, he was correct, he fitted the disc onto the wheel and showed it to me. He told me that the alloy bolts were important because of the taper it has on the edge where it contacts the wheels. The taper makes sure that the wheel is aligned properly on the disc when the the bolts are tightened.
so the alloy nuts that you are talking about....are these the ones that you got with the hijoins or the alloy nuts that you get with the stock alloys on the sport or the gtx.
Old 17th January 2007, 11:57   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
so the alloy nuts that you are talking about....are these the ones that you got with the hijoins or the alloy nuts that you get with the stock alloys on the sport or the gtx.
Hey guyz, I think you got me wrong back there. I was talking about the nuts that comes with the Hijoin mags. I'll enquire and let you guys know the exact details of these.
Old 17th January 2007, 18:17   #58
BHPian

akshay1234,even i first thought the problem was due to balancing but i got the tires balanced twice and still its there.so its not the balancing.i think it could be the pcd or the nuts(this problem is driving me nuts!! )
16v100bhp,can you confirm on whether the nuts you use are the hijoin ones or the ones that came with your s10!!
Old 18th January 2007, 11:23   #59
BHPian

fortunatly i had no such issues on my upsizing, it was done here in bom at saifi s.i ve gone for 16s in a 45 profile and they came with allen bolts and an adaptor because the original nuts were too short.
Old 18th January 2007, 11:29   #60
BHPian

nice job, the paint theme looks good. consider tinting you tail lights, it will bring out the black rear and look awesome.

Most Viewed