Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

View Poll Results: I love Q Cars. Do you?
I too love Q Cars. Give me the hidden pleasures of a performance car in a normal body. 116 71.17%
You need to look fast & go fast & therefore I like both engine & body mods. 37 22.70%
Body mods are most important - that'll scare 'em off. Besides, yeh engine-vinjin kya hai? 2 1.23%
What on earth are you talking about??!! 8 4.91%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2008, 00:00   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The title is misleading, I thought you were talking about sending the car to junkyard for crushing, as in killing the car. The term putting to sleep is usually used in reference to mercy killing pets.
+1 to that. Was wondering what something like that was doing in the Mods & Acc section.

I like the wolf in sheep's clothing concept too. I guess we all like being underestimated, and then making someone eat their words along with your dust.
The trouble with my Lancer is, it looks fast without any sort of badges or stickers. In fact, the only badges on my car are small Mistubishi logos on the boot and the front grille. But somehow, the combination of the alloys, paintjob, skirts and muffler gives the car a very fast, sporty look. Which is fine, as long as it's not overdone. But it does make some irritating individuals come and challenge my car to a drag or race, when I'm peacefully driving around minding my own business. Unfortunately, my car isn't too quick, so I tend to ignore them. A Mivec under the hood would be very nice to have in such situations.

As for my Scorpio, I have no misgivings displaying the "4x4" badge proudly. Sets it apart from the other Scorps on the road. Also have 4 fog lamps up front, mounted on a custom bullbar, which makes it anything but sleeper. But then, SUVs aren't really meant to be sleepers, are they?
Old 15th September 2008, 08:59   #167
BHPian

Definately Sleeper cars for me. Anything on the exterior should be purely functional and not for show else stock and a beast under the hood.
Old 15th September 2008, 11:14   #168
Senior - BHPian

my padmini is a sleeper - always falls asleep when i am at the wheel. the palio can never sleep properly - the exhaust note of the padmini always wakes her up.

on a serious note: none of my cars are fast. example - the padmini tops out at 110 in 4th gear & the palio tops out at 110 in 5th. dad's m800's speedo needle has never seen 80.:( but i like the idea of sleeper cars. period.
Old 15th September 2008, 12:36   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
the palio tops out at 110 in 5th.
So, that's when you downshift to third, and do justice to the 1.6 tag
Old 15th September 2008, 12:57   #170
Senior - BHPian

... errrr, I am missing the point here.

Its not that we have super charged cars producing more BHP than a Bugatti, and that it would be fun to make that car look like a regular taxi cab? ... and then whacking the daylights out of someone who takes you to be an average joe
Old 15th September 2008, 12:58   #171
Senior - BHPian

@ razor4077 - if i do that the palio feels scary - once it did 140 @ 4K in 3rd and i almost fainted

oh! the brakes are so good that it refused to stop

Last edited by planet_rocker : 15th September 2008 at 13:00.
Old 15th September 2008, 14:24   #172
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My Jeep takes the grand prize here! It looked just like any other diesel Jeep when the 1.8 petrol was under its hood. Believe you me, I left a lot of shocked faces behind at traffic lights. 0 - 80 was about in the range of a carb Esteem.

Too bad the petrol Jeep could never make it to the finish line though
Old 15th September 2008, 14:46   #173
BHPian

I love sleeper cars. Sleeper cars need not be debadged. Its just that it looks stock and nothing has been done to modify the exterior. Mods on a sleeper cars are purely functional rather than aethetic. We are not talking about ratty looking cars but just stock looks and not exterior mods.
Old 15th September 2008, 19:49   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
... errrr, I am missing the point here.

Its not that we have super charged cars producing more BHP than a Bugatti, and that it would be fun to make that car look like a regular taxi cab? ... and then whacking the daylights out of someone who takes you to be an average joe
Finally, someone gets my point cheers:
Old 16th September 2008, 13:52   #175
BHPian

oops sorry guys !! I did not intend to post the same message three times ON PAGE 11.
The Blackberry kept showing an error message. Hence I kept retrying.

Apologise again for the clutter. Mods please delete duplicates to clear the cutter.

Thanks

Last edited by Torque-ative : 16th September 2008 at 13:54.
Old 17th September 2008, 13:11   #176
Senior - BHPian

Hi greenhorn,

> trrk says K&N's are no good,

I pointed you to a message and that's all. Even there it does not say K&N is bad, only that it is not worth the expense.

I have no personal experience with K&N filters.
Old 17th September 2008, 14:55   #177
Senior - BHPian

well, the point was that they do not achieve their intended purpose in a diesel engine, so that makes it no good for the purpose in my books.
The argument whether it is economical or not is irrelevant to me !

Last edited by greenhorn : 17th September 2008 at 15:01.

Most Viewed