Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I love Q Cars. Do you?
I too love Q Cars. Give me the hidden pleasures of a performance car in a normal body. 116 71.17%
You need to look fast & go fast & therefore I like both engine & body mods. 37 22.70%
Body mods are most important - that'll scare 'em off. Besides, yeh engine-vinjin kya hai? 2 1.23%
What on earth are you talking about??!! 8 4.91%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2007, 19:50   #31
BHPian

well dont get me wrong thats exactly what i like to see in a car i always like to see whats under the hood of some modded rides and most i see dont have any mods.
Old 10th January 2007, 23:50   #32
BHPian

"Q cars" .. I never heard of anyone calling them "Q cars"..
Atleast here in CA etc everyone calls them sleepers..all the guys I met here at drags, drift events etc calls them sleepers. Even the cops call them sleepers.
"Q cars" this is a new terminology for me ..
Old 11th January 2007, 00:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
Atleast here in CA etc everyone calls them sleepers..all the guys I met here at drags, drift events etc calls them sleepers. Even the cops call them sleepers.
Q cars is more or less a British/European name for Sleeper cars or cars with stock exteriors & big-performance capabilities. No wonder you never heard it in CA!
Old 11th January 2007, 00:32   #34
BANNED

my car might end up as a show car.
Old 11th January 2007, 01:03   #35
elf
BANNED

Hell yeah jesal. No offense bro, but I was thinking of you when I put up the third option on the poll! You're the one guy I know & like that has 'show' as the main focus on your ride!

@2L8, I was talking about Monkey's ride.

@Samurai: Although I love the man, Sideways' front bumper definitely detracts from the whole Q Car thing. His car is lovely, though.

Last edited by elf : 11th January 2007 at 01:05.
Old 11th January 2007, 03:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
I can underestand this Chetan. Americans usually have to do everything differently.
Biscuit=Cookie
Newcomer=Rookie
4X4(Suv)=Truck
Truck=Rig
Soft Drink=Soda
Night=Nite
I could go on
Then when the world drove RHD cars, they went LHD
The world switches 'off' by turning the switch upwards, they do the opposite
I could go on again.....Maybe thats why u never heard of Q cars coz we never heard of sleepers, so then
Q Cars=Sleepers
But i dont have a problem with that (aur hua bhi toh kya ukkad loonga?), if it works for them, im ok with it
The fact is Im a Q Car guy...or a Sleeper Guy whatever u wanna call em..All power and minimalistic show

Last edited by V-16 : 11th January 2007 at 03:12.
Old 11th January 2007, 05:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Hell yeah jesal. No offense bro, but I was thinking of you when I put up the third option on the poll! You're the one guy I know & like that has 'show' as the main focus on your ride!
I would definilty like to spend money on both cosmetic and performance modifications. I guess being younger than most of youll my priorities are different but I think the looks of the car are really important. Ofcourse you do need to have something going under the hood too to support the "fast" image but I wouldnt really like to keep my exteriors completely stock,even if its somthing subtle like a custom paint job or side skirts. I guess it works out really well if something helps in performance and looks like low profile tyres, a fibre hood to reduce the weight or vents to increase airflow.
Old 11th January 2007, 05:28   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I can underestand this Chetan. Americans usually have to do everything differently.
Biscuit=Cookie
Newcomer=Rookie
4X4(Suv)=Truck
Truck=Rig
Soft Drink=Soda
Night=Nite
I could go on
Then when the world drove RHD cars, they went LHD
The world switches 'off' by turning the switch upwards, they do the opposite
I could go on again.....Maybe thats why u never heard of Q cars coz we never heard of sleepers, so then
Q Cars=Sleepers
But i dont have a problem with that (aur hua bhi toh kya ukkad loonga?), if it works for them, im ok with it
The fact is Im a Q Car guy...or a Sleeper Guy whatever u wanna call em..All power and minimalistic show
u r right abt all that..
Old 11th January 2007, 05:45   #39
BHPian

Out here (Irwindale dragstrip) we have these drag races every thursday night.. its open to public ..just 20$ for a timing slip run..
Its fun to watch daily driven sleepers ripping apart the other cars..
It keeps everyone guessing .. its tough to figure out looking at the cars going towards the dragstrip , at the christmas tree ,or returning back .. if its a regular or a sleeper..
but its usually the tyres,clips on the hood,or the exhaust with the silencer bolted on gives them away.. also in some cases its the rough idle which gives them away... but 99.99 % its the brakes .. if u see colored brembo's/willwoods etc from the side on an ordinary looking volvo/golf/ u know this guy is upto something. But nothing gives it away instantly like the view from the front.. You can see the intercooler and the plumbing .. guys tell me who puts an intercooler on a civic unless he's got a turbo underneath..
its fun to spot these sleeper/Q cars
Old 11th January 2007, 05:48   #40
BHPian

No show and all go.. just the way i love all my cars to be.. and V-16... that post was masterfull.. brilliantly put baba.

Last edited by Tool : 11th January 2007 at 05:50.
Old 11th January 2007, 11:01   #41
BANNED

Quote:
no offence taken but as far as go comes i put a big engine, freeflow and filter will come. its fast enough for me ok, then if u expect nos and turbo and blah blah yes i would like it but when seeing the cost id rather spend that on electronics in the car and much more. alloys, cool paint jobs attract me more than anything else. its not new since ages. all people wanna go fast here, the sick thing is ull be going faster but the traffic here is so irritating i hate changing gears lol. so over the years now i will build a total show car and later maybe if spare cash then engine mods. as long as my car can do 200 kmh i think i am more than happy and dont wanna go any faster.
Old 11th January 2007, 12:26   #42
BANNED

Quote:
@2L8, I was talking about Monkey's ride.
Wanna Rephrase that?????

Last edited by 2L8uLoose : 11th January 2007 at 12:29.
Old 11th January 2007, 20:15   #43
BHPian

I prefer my cars to be somewhat performance modded yet retaining stock exteriors. Nothing beats the pleasure of driving something having the 'Jackal and Hyde' characteristics...
Old 12th January 2007, 00:25   #44
elf
BANNED

@jesal: I respect your point of view dude. You know what you want. Besides, you're running an E-Zen!
Old 12th January 2007, 11:50   #45
BANNED

Quote:
@jesal: I respect your point of view dude. You know what you want. Besides, you're running an E-Zen!
hehe. thank you. i wanna do that grooving thing whatever too. just very lazy for all this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks