Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I love Q Cars. Do you?
I too love Q Cars. Give me the hidden pleasures of a performance car in a normal body. 116 71.17%
You need to look fast & go fast & therefore I like both engine & body mods. 37 22.70%
Body mods are most important - that'll scare 'em off. Besides, yeh engine-vinjin kya hai? 2 1.23%
What on earth are you talking about??!! 8 4.91%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2007, 18:27   #61
BANNED

Hey Jesal, sorry to hear about your car. Glad there's no engine damage. Keep your friend far away from the driver's seat!

Yes I used to live in Versova. Now I've moved to Mahim, but still come there often to see the family.
Old 15th January 2007, 20:50   #62
BHPian

I voted for "You need to look fast & go fast". "Go fast" depends on the mileage of the car too
Old 31st January 2007, 00:15   #63
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by men_in_jean View Post
... "Go fast" depends on the mileage of the car too ...
What're you talking about, son? And what's that got to do with your Q-Car / non Q-Car preference?
Old 31st January 2007, 00:30   #64
Senior - BHPian

poll results -aZa

Quote:
I too love Q Cars. Give me the hidden pleasures of a performance car in a normal body.
oye aZa i cant believe you voted for this Mr.Pimped out santro
Old 26th February 2007, 01:42   #65
elf
BANNED

Just came up behind this gleaming midnight blue OHC today, driven by a lady at the Haji Ali seaface, whilst driving towards Fort from Bandra. It had wide tyres & understated alloys, and no body modifications whatsoever. No sun-film even.

We had an open stretch of road before us & as I happend to pull up along side, she looked over & heard the rumble of my exhaust. The both of us were doing about 90 or so.

She then half-smiled to herself & floored the gas. As she disappeared, I could have sworn I heard the whine of a turbine.

Q is what I thought. And driven by a lady who knows how. Perfect.
Old 26th February 2007, 02:34   #66
BHPian

Q cars are dammn cool ! as you said the look on peoples faces when they see an understated car zip across is worth alot more than the look on people adoring it in the parking lot!! but yeah whats a modded car without a nice engine note and i like it loud!
and as per body kits go i think they attract more racers wanting to show off their skills trying to show you down !!
so if you're the competitve kind of driver on the road then engine mods go before anything!!
Old 26th February 2007, 05:18   #67
BANNED

@elf. Bro! I've learnt that the fairer sex in Mumbai drives better than the other ones.
And please find out if that lady's boyfriend is some KAPASI!

I got to see the white BMW M5 that took part in Speedrun. It had some very good but discreet Mods done to it. A nice Q car it was. Our very own iRags was going behind it's backside falling in love with it's exhausts.

Then also got to see the very quirky wacky looking Sonata. It had an insanely rude and loud exhaust, bodykits bigger than the car and some ready to fall off too, neon tubes hanging from the sides etc... But this car remained in our mirrors on the way back to Bandra. And more surprising is that Sam was driving. So, you can guess how slow that non Q car was!!
Why do people do this to their cars?
Old 26th February 2007, 11:12   #68
elf
BANNED

Which brings me to the diesel Verna. Somebody'll see the Hyundai badge at the back, then see the CRDi or diesel whatever sticker & will probably think that they'll eat this thing for breakfast at the next stop-light.

A factory engineered Q, just as God intended it to be.
Old 26th February 2007, 14:46   #69
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, reminds me of the time 2 modded OHCs, one modded Game Over Zen, one 200+ bhp RS were all following a diesel Hyundai, with 4 people in it, and the AC on. I couldn't stop laughing.
Old 26th February 2007, 15:09   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
She then half-smiled to herself & floored the gas. As she disappeared, I could have sworn I heard the whine of a turbine..
I've seen this car. I'm told the "lady" is about my age!
Old 26th February 2007, 15:12   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
@elf. Bro! I've learnt that the fairer sex in Mumbai drives better than the other ones.
And please find out if that lady's boyfriend is some KAPASI!
She's madly good at the wheel, my girlfriend. These boys from down under were left with their mouths gaping.
Quote:
Why do people do this to their cars?
aakhir Q??
Old 26th February 2007, 15:13   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Yeah, reminds me of the time 2 modded OHCs, one modded Game Over Zen, one 200+ bhp RS were all following a diesel Hyundai, with 4 people in it, and the AC on. I couldn't stop laughing.
And a Lady driving it with Yeti on the passenger seat.
Old 26th February 2007, 18:58   #73
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I've seen this car. I'm told the "lady" is about my age!
Does she have a turbocharged midnight blue old Honda City?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
... aakhir Q??
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Old 26th February 2007, 20:01   #74
BHPian

As a concept, Q cars are great. Just my style of understated, almost nondescript elegance . But talking of my driving, I am not sure I am capable of handling a Q car.
My Petra 1.6 is built by Fiat like a Q car already. It looks quite simple, and no one wants to pay too much attention to it. But I have by now got used to this situation where someone in what he thinks is a faster car, hoots at me (I generally do not drive fast unless goaded), expecting me to slide to the left, and I tap the pedal and the guy sits and watches me go. It takes these people a few seconds to realise how far i have got, and only then do they respond by picking up speed. I like that.
Wider tyres and stronger brakes may be useful on long highway drives, but I don't need them often enough.
Another thing is that I prefer cars to look just the way they did when they rolled off the factory floor. My car does not even have a sticker or a mirror dangler or films. I have been thinking of an air filter for quite some time, but not sure yet.
Nice thread Elf.
Old 26th February 2007, 20:13   #75
Senior - BHPian

My choice is for both 1 and 2 but still chose 1.

I like having a car which looks and moves fast, but at the same time a Q Car has a lot of surprise element which is fun.
A perfect Body and power mods car is Supra, I feel a Supra looks incomplete without a Body kit, so it gets into the second category and I love it.

But then when it comes to Q Cars, I would flat choose the BM, M5. Simply bcos it looks like any other sedan but performs like a Dragon.

Given an option to choose between a Fully modded Supra and a Stock BM, I would choose the M5 anyday, it's understated and is awesome to be a daily ride without being the most noted car in town.
But then, on a saturday night ( minus the alcohol ) a Modded Supra is my way to go.

Coming back to earth and our cars, I feel the best Indian Q Car is the Esteem. I dont like Esteems with body kits they look very obvious. Whereas an esteem with subtle mods and a firebreather under the hood is more like it.
But then there is the Honda City VTEC, I feel it looks incomplete without good rims and the add on kit. However, I cannot categorise it as a Q Car. Cos it has already got a way too sporty badge in our country and anyone who knows performance respects the City on our roads. So it is not understated from Any Angle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks