Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2021, 20:36   #31
BHPian

Re: The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Did you power it up directly by 5V mobile charger? I am asking as the battery of this TPMS is rated at 3.3 or 3.7V, I know it as I opened the unit today after reading your post to check whether the battery is swollen up.
I was using the charger provided by Visture. No details on it about the voltage
SanScorpio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 11:55   #32
BHPian

Been using Careud u903 tpms (attached to the 12v socket) with internal sensors in my Baleno for the last 41/2 years. It was sourced from Aliexpress. Though I had to shell out 7.5k including customs duty, it was perfect for my needs (no wiring, no battery, not an eyesore) and absolutely reliable. Now I am trying to get a similar one for another car from somewhere, since aliexpress is out of reach for us, Indians. My question : Is there any not-too-expensive tpms that indicates pressures of 5 tyres on the display ? Wouldn't mind even if the spare tyre pressure is not continuously on.
Old 18th August 2021, 12:08   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I
3. Sensors come with replacable batteries (CR2032), which they claim should easily last 5 years.
Hi @procrj, can you please provide the number that was used to place the order?

I plan to go for a TPMS and club it's installation with a new set of tyres (hope to save on all the balancing and alignments costs). Can you also let us know on the build quality of this new version?

I was very impressed with the perceptible quality of the sensors from Leoshashi pics of the previous version. This one looks a lot different. Did you perhaps get to see the old version and compare the build quality of both units?

If these are built to last then these sensors with replaceable batteries suddenly became a much better option than the Sensairy ones.
Old 18th August 2021, 12:34   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Hi @procrj, can you please provide the number that was used to place the order? Can you also let us know on the build quality of this new version?
Manatec Contact Number - 7397159595
Build quality is very solid and I dont think it will have any difficulty lasting 5-7 years. Didnt get a chance to compare with the old ones but I wasnt too keen on Sensairy and these seemed to be the next best as Manatec is a brand that Toyota recomends for TPMS.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 12:52   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

@JithinR:

You may also consider Toyota's TPMS which is nothing but rebranded Manatec since availability in that case will be easier.

The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-screenshot_20210809051907_youtube.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 13:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Manatec Contact Number - 7397159595
Build quality is very solid and I dont think it will have any difficulty lasting 5-7 years. Didnt get a chance to compare with the old ones but I wasnt too keen on Sensairy and these seemed to be the next best as Manatec is a brand that Toyota recomends for TPMS.
Just spoke to their customer care lady. She actually told me that the internal sensors had a non removable battery since they need to be IP rated (forgot the spec she mentioned).

Can you please reconfirm if the internal sensors that have a removable battery or is it the display unit (She did confirm that these would have removable battery but then it would be a lithium ion battery not a button cell right).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
@JithinR:

You may also consider Toyota's TPMS which is nothing but rebranded Manatec since availability in that case will be easier.
Thanks a lot Shashi. Can you please confirm which ones are these (if possible)?

Are these the old version or the new ones? The prices are a lot lower than what Manatech team told me about. Their quote was Rs. 5750 for 4 sensors and the display model.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 18:39   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
JShe actually told me that the internal sensors had a non removable battery since they need to be IP rated (forgot the spec she mentioned).
I do remember reading it somewhere but now I am unable to find the document. Thinking back, I could have been wrong about the replacable batteries if the model is the same as the one I have posted as the IP rating reason sounds logical. You should just go ahead with the toyota unit since its rebranded Manatec and much lower. Will be interesting to ask them why their pricing is higher than that of Toyota.

Last edited by procrj : 22nd August 2021 at 18:40.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 18:59   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will be interesting to ask them why their pricing is higher than that of Toyota.
The ones on Toyota are from a previous generation and not the latest ones which you have. Also they are only for 4 wheels IIRC.

I believe that's why the slightly lesser cost.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 13:30   #39
BHPian

Came across tyre pressure monitoring valves on MGA website. They are available in different pressure ranges 32,34 etc. But there is no monitoring screen included in it. I am attaching a screenshot of the product. Does anybody know how it works?
Attached Thumbnails
The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-img_20210825_131610.jpg  

Kpzonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 14:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpzonwheels View Post
Came across tyre pressure monitoring valves on MGA website. They are available in different pressure ranges 32,34 etc. But there is no monitoring screen included in it. I am attaching a screenshot of the product. Does anybody know how it works?
That is because these things don't have a pressure sensor in them as far as I know (they certainly don't have a bluetooth or RFID transmitter to send the values over).

I have forgotten how they work but the you basically fix them on your tyre when they are at the right pressure (for ex. 32psi) and then if you tyre leaks air beyond a certain limit then these valves either have an led light that starts blinking or show a different color like this model (Tyre Pressure Valve).

They are generic Chinese crap that are not really well built and at least from most of the reviews on Amazon tend to leave you with a flat tyre once you fit them.
Old 10th October 2021, 21:15   #41
BHPian

Taking inspiration from Team-BHP, I have been on the lookout for a TPMS for both my new cars and after scouring through a lot of options on Amazon and Flipkart, I could not decide on which one to go with. All looked the same with different brand names. Searched Bandgood as well but was wary of the After Support/Warranty Replacement. I am also a member of Grand i10 NIOS WhatsApp group and someone suggested Nexdigitron in that group. So went ahead and purchased it last Sunday. The Courier was delivered on Friday (5 days).

My Primary criteria in a TPMS is
  • It should be a DIY job. I am wary of introducing scratches on the brand new Alloys. So did not want the hassle of unnecessarily removing and reinstalling Tires.
  • Should be easy to replace Sensor Battery or Sensors as and when required.
  • Should have a Warranty. What if I receive damaged product. Wanted a local supplier.
  • Being a DIY guy I was confident of making the Product work unless it is damaged so Short Warranty is ok for me.
Product Details
  • Product Type: External Tire Pressure Monitoring System with Solar Powered Display.
  • Brand: Nexdigitron (Rebranded)
  • Seller Location: Pune.
  • Purchase Price: Rs. 2699/- including shipping
  • The product comes with 6 months Warranty.
  • Its basically a Made in China Product, imported and rebranded by various suppliers and sold in India. The prices range from Rs. 2500/- to Rs 3000/-. The same product is available on Bangood for Rs. 1800/-.

Some Photos from Supplier Website https://www.nexdigitron.com/collecti.../tpms-external

They claim to be the only suppliers of 7Mai & DDPAI Dashcams which is going to be my next purchase very soon.

The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-website-photo.jpgThe Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-website-photo-1.jpg

Product delivered to me. All items mentioned in the "contents inside box" section were received.

The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-tpms-box-front-view.jpg
The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-tpms-box-back-view.jpg

Installation is very Simple and the Procedure is as follows.
  1. Remove the existing nut (if any) from the Nozzle and insert the Hex Nut received in the Box.
  2. Pick an External Sensor according to the Tire location and Rotate Clockwise and tighten the Sensor Fully. Small amount of air will escape so ensure to rotate the sensor till the air stops escaping. Use Soap Water if required to check leakage.
  3. Do not tighten the Hex Nut yet.
  4. Install the remaining Sensors in all the wheels. Follow steps 2 and 3.
  5. Once all sensors are installed, Switch ON the Display. In my case I did not need to calibrate the sensors with the display. All the readings were auto populated. However in case auto detection does not happen, instructions have been given in the Manual to pair each sensor with the Display.
  6. Default Pressure unit is Bar. You can change to PSI.
  7. Default Temperature unit is degrees Celsius.
  8. Verify no Air is escaping. Ensure that all four Tires shows Pressure and Temperature readings.
  9. Once validated, tighten the Hex Nut against the Sensor. Be careful while tightening. It is possible that the sensor may rotate anticlockwise. Hold the sensor with one hand and tighten the Hex Nut with the Key. Not holding the sensor while tightening the Hex Nut will result in the sensor rotating anticlockwise and leaving a small play resulting in air escaping from the Tire. The Sensor must not move anticlockwise.
  10. I noticed that, once tightened it is not easy to remove the Sensors without loosening the Hex Nuts. So Thefts may not be that easy (I am OK to be corrected)

Tip: One major drawback of an external sensor is the inconvenience in filling Air since Hex Nut needs to be loosened using the removal key each time. There are 2 Options to accomplish this:
  1. Either Loosen all 4 Hex Nuts outside the Air Filling Station. Remove each sensor one by one and Fill Air. Re-install Sensor and tighten the Hex Nuts. Removal and reinstallation of Sensor must be done by you. Do not trust the Air Filling Guy. There should be zero play.
  2. Or Buy a 2 way Valve. This will allow you keep the Sensor in its place and fill air from another nozzle. However this arrangement will look bulky and may not be aesthetically pleasing.
  3. Also ensure to fill around 2 PSI more since installation of sensors will result in some air escaping.
  4. One positive aspect is you will know exactly when to fill air so you can be prepared with the above steps.

Now Some Photos.

This is the Closeup view of the Display. As soon as Installation was completed. Notice the temperature variation in Rear Right Tire. It is due to direct sunlight hitting the Wheel.
The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-inside-view.jpg

External Sensors installed on each Tire. I validated thrice if the tires were loosing Air. Readings remained same. No visible Air loss as well.
The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-fr.jpg

Installed the display over the AC vents so I can direct the air towards the display during Sunny Days. This will help cool the Display while receiving Sourya Urja (Solar Power).
The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-outside-view.jpg

I installed the current TPMS in my Nexon. I will Monitor the device for 2 to 3 weeks and if satisfied, My Grand i10 NIOS will also receive a TPMS albeit an internal one since it is parked in an Open Street.

Will keep you posted as I keep using this Device.

Last edited by dsuman : 10th October 2021 at 21:17. Reason: Minor corrections
dsuman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 11:18   #42
BHPian

[quote=procrj;5131576]I do remember reading it somewhere but now I am unable to find the document. Thinking back, I could have been wrong about the replacable batteries if the model is the same as the one I have posted as the IP rating reason sounds logical.

The internal sensors do have batteries in them but they are buried in epoxy in many cases. We do have similar sensors in motorcycles and some people have had success with a DIY in removing the epoxy and taking the old battery out, putting in a new one and soldering it and then re-epoxying all of it back.
Old 7th November 2021, 23:09   #43
BHPian

Since there are concerns with the battery in receiver unit becoming swollen overtime, someone in this thread mentioned that they hacked it to run over USB power directly without battery. Did anyone else do that and can explain how it was done?
Old 1st December 2021, 13:33   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuman View Post

I installed the current TPMS in my Nexon. I will Monitor the device for 2 to 3 weeks and if satisfied, My Grand i10 NIOS will also receive a TPMS albeit an internal one since it is parked in an Open Street.

Will keep you posted as I keep using this Device.
Requesting you to please update on how the external TPMS is working. I intend to buy for my car too and want to order, not sure if I should do from nexdigitron or amazon. If all are rebranded same stuff then I will go whoever on amazon has right balance of price and reviews.
Old 1st December 2021, 22:23   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Requesting you to please update on how the external TPMS is working. I intend to buy for my car too and want to order, not sure if I should do from nexdigitron or amazon. If all are rebranded same stuff then I will go whoever on amazon has right balance of price and reviews.
I have been using the TPMS for two months and it has been performing well. No Complaints

Mine is External TPMS
  1. Solar powered Display. Works well. No need to keep charging wire dangling on dashboard
  2. Tire Pressure and Temperature readings are Accurate. Verified this by filling air from multiple stations.
  3. Never Lost Air. All 4 Tyres. Pressure remained constant across heavy rains, driving through waterlogged streets, Sun beating down around 45 degrees when parked.
  4. Gives continuous beep when pressure drops below 29psi.
  5. Never got a chance to test Temperature readings.
  6. Battery can be replaced easily.
  7. Sensors are Water Proof, Dog Urine Proof, Drainage Water Proof, pressure wash proof.

Cons

8. Filling air needs to be planned in advance. Remove screws and sensors, fill air and Fasten screws and sensors. Time required 5 to 10 minutes.
  9. Possibilities of air leaking if sensors are not fastened properly. You may loose the sensors as well.
  10. Fasten the screws too tight and you may end up spending more than 10 minutes to unscrew them and sensors.
  11. Sensors looks bulky and are theft prone.

My suggestion is to go for Internal TPMS. Fit it and forget it.
Battery life is usually 1 to 2 years of continuous usage. Occasional use will increase the Battery life of Sensors.

Amazon is a good place.

Last edited by dsuman : 1st December 2021 at 22:26. Reason: Formatting
dsuman is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks