Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2023, 15:52   #61
BHPian

Re: The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS

Upon further testing, I'm guessing it's a calibration issue. After some highway driving, the front sensors were 9-10°C hotter than rear. (Pic1)

Then I swapped the fronts with the rears and the display thinks the rear tyres are hotter. (Pic2)
Attached Thumbnails
The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-img_20230524_132518.png  

The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-img_20230524_133702.png  

bravo6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 22:49   #62
BHPian

I am planning to install an external TPMS for my car. The internal ones would be a bit costly and too much of a hassle for me to install.

I would like to know whether the external TPMS can be used without the locking nut.

I am not worried about the theft of the sensor since the car mostly stays in covered parking spaces.

Is it possible that the sensor cap will come loose and fall on the road if I am not using the lock?

I do have a habit of checking the caps after every refill.

Also, could you please suggest some value-for-money external TPMS for me? I am looking for something that would be compact and would look good in the Altroz.
sarkankur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 09:48   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkankur View Post
I am planning to install an external TPMS for my car.

Also, could you please suggest some value-for-money external TPMS for me?
I have recently ordered the SkyShop Solar C240 external TPMS after reading various posts on this thread itself. Seems this is a popular choice.

It's available for around ₹2700 on Amazon.
But directly ordering from the supplier will cost you ₹2400 only.

Contact details are as under :-
Mr Sushil Kumar
+919050582012
He accepts orders on WhatsApp and online payments.

More details once I receive the consignment.
aviator1101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 21:01   #64
BHPian

I have installed TPMS from Amazon at INR 2799. It is working OK so far. The reason for my own installation is that Dealer refused to install for my Crysta Z auto Diesel costing 32L on road (no factory fitted TPMS) with a Toyota approved product. He said that lot of customers complained that they are loosing pressure on the tyres and hence they stopped installing.

I lived without TPMS for 1 year by purchasing a portable air pump which works OK. Later I realised ,one tyre is loosing air very slowly when I manually checked. I temporarily pumped air with my portable pump and reached home safely. Next day I took to a puncture shop and he told me that there is a puncture. I then realised it is high time I install TPMS - external one immediately.

My previous car was Scorpio VLX which had a built in internal TPMS ( Mahindra gives factory fitted TPMS for a car which is costing 1/3 of Toyota). Most of the time it works OK but sometimes it has a mind of its own and starts flashing the numbers in the middle of drive on its own. It sets itself back again after some time. May be this is the reason Toyota never gives this accessory with a factory fitted option because the technology of TPMS is unreliable.

The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-img_1273.jpeg

The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-img_1274.jpeg

Last edited by graaja : 29th July 2023 at 21:18. Reason: Inserting images
Mystic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 19:58   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
I have recently ordered the SkyShop Solar C240 external TPMS. More details once I receive the consignment.
I received the Sky Shop Solar C240 TPMS system around 45 days back, installed it in Brownie and have been using it since then, but laziness got the better of me, hence the delay.
The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-img20231031182741.jpg
The item was received in this pack. A set of 4 external sensors and a display unit.
Installation of the sensors and the display was a pretty simple DIY.

The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-img20231031183225.jpg
The display fitted snugly into the trough on the dash behind the main head unit display in a manner that it would be visible to me but not look like an ugly contraption on the dashboard.

The sensors were easily paired.
The alarm kept going off even with minor tyre pressure changes for the first few days because I had not set the upper and lower pressure limits as per procedure in the guide.
But once set properly, it is doing a fairly good job.

How long it continues to work properly is for time to tell.
As of now, I'm a satisfied customer.

Last edited by aviator1101 : 31st October 2023 at 20:00.
aviator1101 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks