Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 23:15   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
The New Honda City Comes With These Locks Near the Power Window Buttons by which you can get the doors to be locked or unlocked
Can this be fitted on the earlier NHC zx?
Old 5th December 2019, 13:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Locking/Unlocking the doors from inside of Honda City

Sorry for bumping up an old thread.
I own a 2008 Honda City ZX Gxi which has been maintained as stock and serviced at Honda regularly.
The Remote locking has stopped working about 3 years back and several service centers have not been able to resolve the problem. The key remotes are fine, and the service people always try to program the key which goes on normally, but on pressing the lock/ unlock button after programming, it fails to open/ lock. I've been advised to go for aftermarket solution like auto cop but I want to maintain the car as stock.
I had a problem 6 years back that was repaired at Capital Honda in Chennai by changing the 'Receiver unit - Keyless entry'. For the last 3 years I have been using the key to unlock the doors and Now the driver door key is not entering smoothly. Once in, locking and unlocking is normal. This happens even with the spare key. For this I have been advised to change all the locks of the car which is again very expensive. No one is able to check the lock to see if the block is physical.
I've written to several forums national and international but have not come to a solution. I did think of buying a new 'Receiver unit - Keyless entry' and trying it, but the part is quite expensive and ASS will have to order from Japan.
Any ideas where I can procure Omron G8D-351H-B Unit Assy Keyless Entry 38385-S5A-U01?

Most Viewed