Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 16:20   #136
knp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Thanks Folks.

I got the art leather seat cover done for my swift VDi at JC Road. The cost was Rs 2.5K and it was custom stitched at their premises.
Would you please post details of the shop, where you got this done? I am looking to get this done for my santro.
Old 10th June 2009, 17:29   #137
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
hypercar-the pu u mentioned here is not going to be used in any of the cars in india by any of the seat cover makers,so please be practical and not ask anyone to use something that nasa is going to use in there next trip to mars rocket material in our cars.
deisgnation, you are missing the forest for the trees ! I was not suggesting the use of the high end Tapis PU or 'ultraleather' for cars. That will not be viable due to high cost. It will cost you more than the nappa leather here. But the 'ultraleather' from Tapis is also Polyurethane (PU) material.
I mentioned it to highlight the fact that PU is not "hot" in the car as you claim. It is a widely accepted material in upholstery even at the highest levels as Tapis does in aircraft seating.
Yours is just a subjective experience of surface temperature of the seats in a car parked in the sun. And an over all sultry hot climate. This subjective experience gives rise to the common misunderstanding that all PU seats are "hot". You should not use anecdotal evidence to jump to conclusions. Use good quality dark sun film with an AC and you are fine irrespective of the upholstery used. But I agree that PVC material used in slip on seat covers are not as durable as PU seat covers.
your comment on nasa mars rocket etc. and sarcasm is totally uncalled for.

Real leather is always a better option and will be much better in a car than any other upholstery but not everyone can afford it !
Old 10th June 2009, 17:37   #138
BHPian

Even I am looking for Art leather seat covers for verna in Bangalore. Please suggest me few good shops and the approximate rate(including steering cover).

Should i look for any particular brand in art leather?
Old 10th June 2009, 17:40   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Folks.

I got the art leather seat cover done for my swift VDi at JC Road. The cost was Rs 2.5K and it was custom stitched at their premises.
They must be custom stitched color options PVC slip on seat covers not PU which is a superior material and not an original equipment fitment?
Old 10th June 2009, 19:00   #140
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV View Post
Even I am looking for Art leather seat covers for verna in Bangalore. Please suggest me few good shops and the approximate rate(including steering cover).

Should i look for any particular brand in art leather?
Check the thread and see the photos I posted of a friend's i20 done in artificial leather - Poly Urethane material not PVC . PVC is a thinner material which most accessory shops have. I have posted the manufacturer name Karlsson and location in Indiranagar Bangalore. Tel 25216394. I think they have really great deals with fit and finish and they do a factory fit or original equipment fit. Not slip on covers. And really good VFM for a custom factory fit. Much better quality than JC road stuff. checked them out and they have a really classy place and design options. But they take a whole day to do the car as the seats and original covers are taken out of the car and refitted. I was told its the same process as factory fitting real leather seating. One more thing an art leather steering cover is not recommended as the material is not durable for high abrasion areas like steering. If you can afford it get your steering in real leather hand stitched.
Old 10th June 2009, 19:28   #141
BHPian

Art leather seat covers on swift VDi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That sounds quite economical. Can you post some pictures of the seat covers that you got for this price?
Okie. Here come's the snaps. As i said before it is art leather, and it was done at JJ Enterprises(Next to car shrungar) on JC road. You can speak to Mr. Salman @ 41496506/9886378806 but you need to bargain hard and fix the price upfront, and then ask him to start the work. They have their workshop above the shop, so you can follow up on the work. The work was done by one Mr. Srinivas for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-img_0110.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_0113.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_0116.jpg  

Last edited by JMaruru : 10th June 2009 at 19:42.
Old 10th June 2009, 19:38   #142
knp
BHPian

great, that was pretty neat and clean work. I will visit this shop. Thanks for the details.
Old 11th June 2009, 00:24   #143
BHPian

In Coimbatore yhe beat place for seats and Upholistery works is Koyas! Koyas - Upholstery Works and Car Accessories

They have art leather, Genuine Leather and many other car interior furnishing works! They are the best in this sector for more than 5 decades! They are the best as far as i know!

Their streering and hand brake wraps are superb. streeracer 919 has got it in his swift!

Last edited by k_shanz : 11th June 2009 at 00:27.
Old 11th June 2009, 10:33   #144
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
In Coimbatore yhe beat place for seats and Upholistery works is Koyas! Koyas - Upholstery Works and Car Accessories

They have art leather, Genuine Leather and many other car interior furnishing works! They are the best in this sector for more than 5 decades! They are the best as far as i know!

Their streering and hand brake wraps are superb. streeracer 919 has got it in his swift!
Yes Koyas are the oldest in the business but not really kept up with the competition. I saw a Tempo Traveller and Qualis done by Koyas, sorry to say very poor finish and tacky interiors. Maybe they are good but I don't think they are the best for upholstery anymore. Bangalore has much better quality upholstery like Stanley etc. And I think there are plenty of other very good car modifying companies like Autopsyche, Morpheus design, Petes for performance etc., DC etc. but if you live in coimbatore Koyas is the place to go.
Old 11th June 2009, 10:42   #145
BANNED

Quote:
Okie. Here come's the snaps. As i said before it is art leather, and it was done at JJ Enterprises(Next to car shrungar) on JC road. You can speak to Mr. Salman @ 41496506/9886378806 but you need to bargain hard and fix the price upfront, and then ask him to start the work. They have their workshop above the shop, so you can follow up on the work. The work was done by one Mr. Srinivas for me.
Hey JMaruru

thats quite neat, looks good & super economical
Old 11th June 2009, 11:00   #146
BANNED

Quote:
The best images on this thread I saw was a Palio done in art leather by Stanley in black and yellow and the i120 photos I posted done by Karlsson which was serious VFM.

JMaruru these kind of cheap jobs in JC road use substandard materials and finish is not that good. Just think how can anyone do this job for 2500 Rs. when the Stanley Palio job cost Rs 13,500? Okay Stanley may do the same job for 10k now including door trims for palio but at 2500 Rs? No way. Obviously the material is not the same, they have used very low grade PVC and yours is not a factory fit. Sorry mate the color combo and design is very common and the stitching is poor for a great car like the Swift VDI !! But then thats what you get for 2500 Rs.
Old 11th June 2009, 11:00   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

@JRmaru, really nice. Didnt know you can get such nice seat covers for 2.5K
Old 11th June 2009, 12:05   #148
BHPian

Seat Covers for 2.5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@JRmaru, really nice. Didnt know you can get such nice seat covers for 2.5K
This was about going around and checking out materials and work in JC Road and bargaining hard and fixing up a price. I had gone there twice and made up my mind on this place, as he had done the seat covers for my alto also. I think he is able to give you a better deal, coz he has his own factory upstairs and most of the other shops also get their work done by him.

@HyperCar : This is about what one feels is VFM. I had got alto seat covers done sometime before from this place, and it is serving me good. For me, this was a good deal and so i went for it. And about the color combo, that was what we chose. He has color options, and you can chose according to your fancies.
Old 11th June 2009, 12:13   #149
BHPian

Ok here is one situation i am facing after installing the Art Seat Covers, stiched ones in my car.

The rear seats make a squeal sound whenever driving over rough patches on road. Any ideas to make this disappear.
Old 11th June 2009, 12:13   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This was about going around and checking out materials and work in JC Road and bargaining hard and fixing up a price. I had gone there twice and made up my mind on this place, as he had done the seat covers for my alto also. I think he is able to give you a better deal, coz he has his own factory upstairs and most of the other shops also get their work done by him.

Hi. he has done a good job. Wanted to know are these PVC covers or PU?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks