Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli View Post
Does anyone knows where in south bangalore G-Sport outlet is
call this guy hemant at gsport and his number is 9845994646
Old 17th March 2007, 14:38   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
The seat covers, the door-panels (front & back), the gear-boot & steering wheel (the last two are genuine leather) came to 13.5K (from Stanley).
If I remember correctly, at stanley showroom, they showed me 3 types of leather material. When i asked price, for sail, he quoted 17 or 18k. Thats for all the door pads, steering wheel, seat, hand brake, gear knob etc. And material was the entry level one. So what exactly the material you have used?? Can you detail little bit about the amount art leather/actual leather combination that is used??
Old 17th March 2007, 15:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Can you detail little bit about the amount art leather/actual leather combination that is used??

The thinnest is actually PVC-based. When seen next to PU you can easily identify it. And it is very very thin. The next type is PU with a thin foam lining.
There must be some category of PU with thicker lining (depending on the seat design of the car). That must be the costliest.

I used PU (with the thin lining) for the front seats, rear seats, and door panels. The gear boot and steering wheel cover (I'm still waiting on the steering wheel cover) are leather. The PU used for the door panels has a slightly thinner foam lining than the PU used for the seats. But the quality of material is the same.

I didn't get the gear knob done, as I would have had to send it to Bangalore. I didn't do the parking brake lever either. Both these would have to be Genuine Leather and not PU.

IMHO, 17-18K for a full job is a bit excessive as you got the quote from the Stanley Showroom itself. (And I don't think the Sail need s a whole lot for the doors). Maybe the Sail needs more material . Or maybe the stitching style is different -- They have some double-stitch option which costs extra. And if you mix leather with PU, that would also cost extra. It would have cost me 20K if I'd used leather for the seats in parts that are cinnamon now, with the black parts (the rest) left in PU. My costs are Kochi costs. I guess in Bangalore it would cost much much less. I remember a member got a Baleno done in genuine leather (seats and steering wheel only) for 19K from the Stanley Showroom in Bangalore.
Old 17th March 2007, 20:10   #19
BHPian

I guess they have not talked to about so many options, esp at the low end. I was told about 3 option. The low end, will have full leather. And it costs about 18k. The mid end, with higher qual leather was around 22k. And then napa range, which was way too costly. Also he told that the removing door pads, hand break and gear knob from list will reduce by 2,3k thats it.

No it has nothing to do with the area being high in corsa. I guess when u directly deal with stanley, they are not that much intrested in entry level stuff.

Also, stiching, style, area of perforated leather, dosnt really change the over all price.

BTW what is the expansion of PU??? Following are 3 diff kind of this they talk about in thier boutique, when you ask for car interior.

Classic> North American. 0.9 mm, printed grain with a tough exterior & yet affordable.

Satin> North European. 1.2 mm thick, high-performance premium matte leather. Suitable for automobile upholstery & high-end corporate furnishing.

Nappa> Austria-Germanic. 1.3-1.4 mm with 100% flat grain look. Prefered in the finest cars, with a look that improves with age.

Now can you map what ever you have with the above?? Is the PU that you are talking about, is the classic one??
Old 18th March 2007, 08:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

gkrisjn, you are talking about genuine leather, and I'm talking about art. leather.

18K for a full genuine leather job is a really good deal. This quote is for the "Classic" trim? The "Satin" material looks and feels much better, and if you can get that in your budget, go for it. "Nappa" looks and feels really great and really luxurious (I was enjoying myself in a Nappa finished OHC yesterday) but it is very expensive.

The "PU" (Poly-Urethane, I think) is artificial leather and not genuine leather. The finish/look of Stanley's PU material (the quality I got) is comparable with the finish/look of the "Satin" genuine leather material.
Old 18th March 2007, 10:11   #21
BHPian

After looking at your interiors and that mentioned you stanley, I assumed it be leather. It was news that Stanley do art leather job too.
Old 18th March 2007, 10:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpserrao View Post
Whats the best way to clean art leather seats. I've got some black scuff marks on mine and I would like to get rid of the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
i have the same problem but i dont know how to clean them will water and soap or shampoo do ?
I clean my seats (Art Leather) every Sunday. I mix a bit of Johnson's Baby Shampoo with water and spray it onto the seats using a spray bottle (the kind gardeners use), rub well and loosen the dirt with one cloth, spray on a bit of water from another bottle, wipe off with a clean cloth.

The trick is to spray, loosen, spray & clean immediately without letting the stuff dry at all. And make sure you keep cleaning both cleaning cloths in between, or you'll rub dirt onto the seats rather than the other way around. After a couple of times of cleaning up, you'll evolve your own special method.
Old 18th March 2007, 11:00   #23
BHPian

thanks hydra you always help me buddy
Old 8th April 2007, 04:52   #24

Art Leather Seatcovers for Esteem

So when I look at my Esteem I realize that it has been driven only around 50 km in the last 6 months since I bought a Baleno and it seems to give me a 'hurt puppy' look. So I decided to do some minor sprucing up.

I have Stanley Leather seatcovers in my Baleno but since the Esteem is 8 years old I somehow don't feel like spending 20k on seats. So I went to check up at the nearby Khan Market. I found that they had some Korean Leatherite material and would charge 4k-6k including doorpanels and promised a better fit than my Stanley.

Does anyone have any experience such seatcovers? Should I go in for some reputable brand such a G-Sport? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

PS - An afterthought on the sprucing up - I know it does not necessarily belong here - but is there ANY way I could get the steering powered? cost?
Old 8th April 2007, 05:18   #25
Team-BHP Support

Threads merged

Whoelsebutme, try doing a search for the word "leather" in the title of threads (advanced search). You will get some more results.

In the future, please search before creating a new thread.

cya
R
Old 26th April 2007, 12:59   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli View Post
Does anyone knows where in south bangalore G-Sport outlet is
where exactly r u put up?
Old 3rd July 2007, 16:29   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I clean my seats (Art Leather) every Sunday. I mix a bit of Johnson's Baby Shampoo with water and spray it onto the seats using a spray bottle (the kind gardeners use), rub well and loosen the dirt with one cloth, spray on a bit of water from another bottle, wipe off with a clean cloth.

The trick is to spray, loosen, spray & clean immediately without letting the stuff dry at all. And make sure you keep cleaning both cleaning cloths in between, or you'll rub dirt onto the seats rather than the other way around. After a couple of times of cleaning up, you'll evolve your own special method.
Hydra, Can you pl help with Stanley's contact #.. where in blr are they located?
Old 3rd July 2007, 19:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Uh, CARtik, I'm in Kochi, buddy. I got my seats done here. I'm afraid I don't have the Stanley phone number/location. But I'm sure someone will be along soon to help.

I do know Designation got his Baleno's seats done at the Stanley Showroom in Bangalore.
Old 3rd July 2007, 19:39   #29
BHPian

This is stanley contacts.... Yeshwanth (98440 35311)
Address is 12/7 shama rao complex, mission road, ph: 2210 0750, 2222 6237
Old 3rd July 2007, 22:55   #30
BANNED

hey guys, i have a swift zxi, and i really want the art leather covers for seat and door trims, i stay in delhi, need help with some good dealers in delhi. how much would they cost. isnt stanley too expensive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks