Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 11:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoelsebutme View Post
So when I look at my Esteem I realize that it has been driven only around 50 km in the last 6 months since I bought a Baleno and it seems to give me a 'hurt puppy' look. So I decided to do some minor sprucing up.

I have Stanley Leather seatcovers in my Baleno but since the Esteem is 8 years old I somehow don't feel like spending 20k on seats. So I went to check up at the nearby Khan Market. I found that they had some Korean Leatherite material and would charge 4k-6k including doorpanels and promised a better fit than my Stanley.

Does anyone have any experience such seatcovers? Should I go in for some reputable brand such a G-Sport? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

PS - An afterthought on the sprucing up - I know it does not necessarily belong here - but is there ANY way I could get the steering powered? cost?
hey whoelse

can u tell me the address i mean exactly where u went in Khan Market?
cos i need some better seat covers for my safari.

Thanks buddy
Old 6th August 2007, 09:55   #32
BANNED

Guys got a quote from Ceralli and they are saying 15 k for Swift Geniune leather cover which includes Gear knob, Hand break, Steearing wheel and door trims and 9k for Art leather.I know its just a quote they will further come down if i take my Car to their shop.
Old 7th August 2007, 13:48   #33
BHPian

I got my Safari dressed up with 'Crush Leather' for Rs5500 at Hyderabad last week. The work is awesome, I could not differentiate the quality of company stitched covers from this stuff. Yet to take some pics, after that will update you guys.
Old 7th August 2007, 14:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys post up some pics , a picture speaks a thousand words.
Old 8th August 2007, 17:38   #35
BANNED

But is it a wise decision to use art leather in our Indian climate ?
Old 8th August 2007, 18:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoy_tharakan View Post
I got my Safari dressed up with 'Crush Leather' for Rs5500 at Hyderabad last week. The work is awesome, I could not differentiate the quality of company stitched covers from this stuff. Yet to take some pics, after that will update you guys.
Post some pics plzzzzzzzzzz
Old 8th August 2007, 18:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Very appropriate for our kind of climate. I've been using art leather in my Santro for over 2 yrs and it is still in great condition.
Old 8th August 2007, 18:53   #38
BHPian

Yes I will post the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Post some pics plzzzzzzzzzz
Sure I will, but not any pics -at hand- of vehicle after covering the seats.
And I'm yet to cross the 50 post criteria to attach a picture to the posts! Never mind as I can post the photos to some other site and give you links.

Bino
Old 8th August 2007, 18:58   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It depends. Indian climate is so encompassing in nature. :-)

If you stay in a hot, humid place or are someone who'll sweat a lot, art leather might not be a good option. If you are someone who uses AC most of the time, then its ok.

If you don't have a closed parking and your car has no or not so good sunfilm then the covers can get heated pretty fast.

Bangalore with its moderate climate is better for art leather seats. Fabric would be the best bet for places like Chennai or Mangalore. Thats my take on things.
Old 8th August 2007, 19:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

OT:
Quote:
And I'm yet to cross the 50 post criteria to attach a picture to the posts!
Binoy,even after becoming a bhpian you cannot upload an image onto the team-bhp server,only links are allowed here.

Use the faq section to see how to post a picture.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 8th August 2007 at 19:14.
Old 9th August 2007, 15:49   #41

Ceralli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Guys got a quote from Ceralli and they are saying 15 k for Swift Geniune leather cover which includes Gear knob, Hand break, Steearing wheel and door trims and 9k for Art leather.I know its just a quote they will further come down if i take my Car to their shop.

Called Ceralli in Bangalore. He says that the entry level art leather starts from 3000. According to him the high end art leather for seats and genuine leather for door trims (and the rest) will cost 10000. Genuine leather starting model he's quoting 15000. I'm waiting for the photos he said he would send.

Called Stanley in the same place as Advaith Hyundai in Mission Road and he says it's gonna cost me 20000+ for leather.

Rahul
Old 17th August 2007, 00:09   #42
BHPian

Got a quote for g-sport art leather, it is like 6800 (entry level) for seats alone, 10,000 for high quality. stanley genuine leather ( dont know which type) 23,000 for seats alone and 17,000 if non-contact areas are art leather. They will charge additional for door trims and steering wheel.
Old 17th August 2007, 00:49   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely worth it, i must say. I had used art leather for 2 years & due to some brainwave changed back to fabric a few months ago & have regtretted the decision ever since. Leather/art leather is much much more easier to keep clean.
Old 17th August 2007, 12:51   #44
Senior - BHPian

Art leather seat ranges from Rs.3000 to Rs.6000 based on the quality of material and the vehicle. Pure leather and art leather combinations range from Rs.7000 to Rs.15000. All leather vary from Rs.15000 to Rs.20000 on a general average. Now the pricing part is almost clear, next thing is about where to get it done.

I have checked with almost 6 different places in bangalore but not finding a proper demo of the finished quality. This thread can solve all that issue if atleast some of the members can post few pictures of their interior. I want to get it done in my wagon R since we have a 1 year old boy and we take the vehicle to the aerogym few times a week. You know how difficult its to keep the seats clean after an hour of real workout. Changing to art leather or leather is the only option before me. Pictures greatly appreciated !!
Old 22nd August 2007, 17:48   #45
BHPian

dear all, can someone help me getting stanley no. in kochi for leather covers/art leather ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks