Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2012, 11:46   #676
BHPian

Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
As promised here is my Figo seats, done @ Jeewajee Anna nagar, Chennai. Brand Art Skin, Cost 10k, including additional GSport pure leather steering grip.

Sorry for the quality of the picture, Will upload clear picture with a proper camera sometime in the weekend.

Comments are welcome.
Can you please post the pictures of the steering wrap?
Old 18th October 2012, 18:07   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
It has been close to 1.5 years now for my gsport art leather seat cover on my figo. I have been cleaing them only with a damp cloth. Recently I was told that the leather seat cleaners & lotions available can be used too clean which helps condition the covers. Question is is it ok to use? Let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
You can use leather seat cleaners , IMO there shouldn't be any problems. I used to use this product called Vista (in a black can) long back. Has been long since I have seen this product in the market now.

A damp cloth is good enough too as long as you don't use soap water with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Amway has a very good product for any kind of upholstery. After I got my seats done at Marvin, they had promised to clean the 3 times a year. I just went there once and the Amway solution was really impressive.
I have been using Amway Car Wash, Leather & Vinyl cleaner (for seat covers), See Spray (for glass cleaning) and Silicon Glaze (for dash board, trims and other plastic shining) for some time now. They are excellent.

If interested how to get them please let me know.
Old 30th October 2012, 21:04   #678
BHPian

Can any one suggest a good seat cover shop in Koramangala? I need to fix either Fabric or Art leather for my wagon R. My budget is not more than 6K. I guess I should go for Fabric covers as my present Art Leather cover, which is all dirty and need replacement, is really making my back sweat during hot seasons. Or is there any option to have half fabric and half art leather? Like fabric where body contacts? What brand is good in my budget? and what sort of leather/fabric? Any help is appreciated.
Old 31st October 2012, 08:46   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish View Post
Can any one suggest a good seat cover shop in Koramangala? I need to fix either Fabric or Art leather for my wagon R. My budget is not more than 6K. I guess I should go for Fabric covers as my present Art Leather cover, which is all dirty and need replacement, is really making my back sweat during hot seasons. Or is there any option to have half fabric and half art leather? Like fabric where body contacts? What brand is good in my budget? and what sort of leather/fabric? Any help is appreciated.
you can try sachins auto shop in koramangala , contact details are available in justdial.Sachin would be able to give various options of fabric/art leather .
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 11:27   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish View Post
Have you checked out Imperial INC near IIM Bangalore? I'm planning on paying them a visit this week, so we can go together if you are interested. They have got really rave reviews in the forums, and the contact Shivkumar seems to be a really nice guy when I talked over the phone.
di1in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 11:38   #681
BHPian

I too have heard about them, but they are far for me. That's why I am hunting for a good place near by koramangala. Thanks for the invite anyways. Do share your experience by the way. I will do mine as well once I gets it done.
Old 31st October 2012, 11:39   #682
Distinguished - BHPian

After seeing some of the pictures in the previous post the quality and fitting of the art leather seems good but, the prices seem extremely high in Bangalore for Art Leather.

In Hyderabad there is one individual who does only car seats work and has a factory with about 20-25 people working almost round the clock and supplies to majority of showrooms charges maximum Rs.4,500 for big cars including Sedan and SUV.

If you want to save even more, there are a few stores here who sell art leather and you can buy the material from them and just pay labour charges to this person, it works out even cheaper besides you get to select from a huge range of art leather.

Just my two cents
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 23:53   #683
BHPian

I see that Art leather covers have many happy customers on this forum but there are some things that still irk me.

These PU based covers always have some pungent smell, esp noticeable in hotter climates like in Delhi. Is it same for even popular brands such as Auto Form?

Don't they get too hot in summers?, given that they are PU based.

What is a reasonable amount to spend on them, given that they are artificial after all? Is 7k for a hatch like Polo enough? or is too high perhaps?

I hear that custom fit fabric covers work out great that too in sub 5k range, any reviews on them?

I had art leather installed on Honda City 2 yrs back, costed me 6k back then, and they havent worked out great, all the problems I questioned above and they peeled off in some patches. It was a local brand though.
Old 4th November 2012, 00:35   #684
BHPian

^ I got a quote of 4k for custom fit fabric covers. Will get them done this week.
Old 9th November 2012, 14:57   #685
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 26th November 2012 at 10:54.
ashok_lat is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th November 2012, 15:17   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envy
I see that Art leather covers have many happy customers on this forum but there are some things that still irk me.

These PU based covers always have some pungent smell, esp noticeable in hotter climates like in Delhi. Is it same for even popular brands such as Auto Form?

Don't they get too hot in summers?, given that they are PU based.

What is a reasonable amount to spend on them, given that they are artificial after all? Is 7k for a hatch like Polo enough? or is too high perhaps?

I hear that custom fit fabric covers work out great that too in sub 5k range, any reviews on them?

I had art leather installed on Honda City 2 yrs back, costed me 6k back then, and they havent worked out great, all the problems I questioned above and they peeled off in some patches. It was a local brand though.
I got autoform seat covers for my swift this january, costed 6.5k.Got U Cheer. I am pretty satisfied. Till the time i had sun-film they didn't heat much, after sun film removal they do heat up a bit if parked in sun , but cool down rapidly. Its not like you can't sit on them. It only takes 20-30 seconds to cool down to a comfortable level after you are seated and the windows are opened.
Old 20th November 2012, 20:58   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Can you please post the pictures of the steering wrap?
Sorry for late response, i was bit occupied for long time..
Here are the pictures of steering cover and seat cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc05985.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc05986.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc05987.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc05994.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc05995.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc05993.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc05991.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc05990.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc05989.jpg  

DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:59   #688
BHPian

I am looking for a really good professional fitting guy for seat covers. I am tired of finding flaws everytime I get them done for my cars. Unfortunately, budget doesn't allow Stanley. So please to be sharing any good guys who really have an eye for detail in Delhi NCR. I don't think one needs to spend a whole lot for a good fitting. Everyone uses Mayur or similar PU.

Many thanks!
barcode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 15:41   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
^
Same query here, any suggestion/reference for good art leather seat-covers? I would like to have it for my new Fabia? Searched this thread, but no much info regarding Pune dealers.
There is this seat cover guy on JM Road, exactly opposite Hotel Panchali,next to Bhandari car agency, I've seen him do some real high end cars and does quite a neat job, no idea about price though, other options might be Bafna Cars on ghole road, he deals with all seat cover brands, reasonable pricing. Then there is Poona Motors, again no idea about pricing. Owners of Bafna and Poona motors know about teamBHP, so drop a word and they'll go the extra mile.
Old 28th November 2012, 18:27   #690
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you look for AutoForm covers. I know a couple of people who have been using them for a long time now, without complaints of tear or damage or excessive heat in summers.

I am personally planning to get them for my car, so maybe we could strike a deal together for our respective cars. PM me, if you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
I am looking for a really good professional fitting guy for seat covers. I am tired of finding flaws everytime I get them done for my cars. Unfortunately, budget doesn't allow Stanley. So please to be sharing any good guys who really have an eye for detail in Delhi NCR. I don't think one needs to spend a whole lot for a good fitting. Everyone uses Mayur or similar PU.

Many thanks!

Most Viewed