Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2012, 20:20   #691
BHPian

Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

I am planning to go for the seat covers for my Punto. Any suggestions about a good installer here in Hyderabad? My budget is about 6-7k.
Old 30th November 2012, 13:01   #692
Senior - BHPian

To anyone and everyone thinking of going for faux/art leather seats, I would recommend that you think twice - especially if you live in a hot climate zone. These seats tend to get HOT (more so now because of the ban on sunfilms) and since air can't circulate through this material, your back, butt and thighs will literally go through hell! You will perspire like crazy (once again, this increases during the hot season) and it'll make you feel very uncomfortable during long rides! Yes, this comes out of personal experience. If you really want the leather look - go for the real deal and that too the perforated variety.
Old 30th November 2012, 17:42   #693
Senior - BHPian

Do you think this problem is present (to a similar degree) in case of good quality products like AutoForm as well?

I personally have not heard of many people complaining with AutoForm & a few other brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
To anyone and everyone thinking of going for faux/art leather seats, I would recommend that you think twice - especially if you live in a hot climate zone. These seats tend to get HOT (more so now because of the ban on sunfilms) and since air can't circulate through this material, your back, butt and thighs will literally go through hell! You will perspire like crazy (once again, this increases during the hot season) and it'll make you feel very uncomfortable during long rides! Yes, this comes out of personal experience. If you really want the leather look - go for the real deal and that too the perforated variety.
Old 30th November 2012, 17:44   #694
Senior - BHPian

Even leather has the same drawbacks. Perforated ones are not durable. With AC you should not feel that bad inside.
But I agree that cloth ones are the best.
Old 3rd December 2012, 10:08   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
There is this seat cover guy on JM Road, exactly opposite Hotel Panchali,next to Bhandari car agency, I've seen him do some real high end cars and does quite a neat job, no idea about price though, other options might be Bafna Cars on ghole road, he deals with all seat cover brands, reasonable pricing. Then there is Poona Motors, again no idea about pricing. Owners of Bafna and Poona motors know about teamBHP, so drop a word and they'll go the extra mile.
I finally got it done at Bafna only, last year. Don't remember the exact price but was around 6.5K, also got a custom Fabia body cover and a perfume totaling around 8K.
The cover was Auform with "Fabia" (embossed) on it, haven't took exclusive pics of it though.
Old 3rd December 2012, 10:26   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
In Hyderabad there is one individual who does only car seats work and has a factory with about 20-25 people working almost round the clock and supplies to majority of showrooms charges maximum Rs.4,500 for big cars including Sedan and SUV.

If you want to save even more, there are a few stores here who sell art leather and you can buy the material from them and just pay labour charges to this person, it works out even cheaper besides you get to select from a huge range of art leather.

Just my two cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
I am planning to go for the seat covers for my Punto. Any suggestions about a good installer here in Hyderabad? My budget is about 6-7k.
Please refer to Mobike's post on the prev page. You can PM him for info. 4-5k seems a good deal for Art leather in Hyd.
hrman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 10:48   #697
Mik
BHPian

I am a bit stocky (the safe word for being a bit plumpy) and the Figo front bucket seats dont really provide much shoulder and thigh support. My brother-in-law has an i20 and once i sit in his car, i feel like swapping the seats entirely
My question - is there any reliable place in NCR which could do some good quality padding for shoulder and thigh support so that the seats become a bit wider and plush!
Old 4th December 2012, 18:40   #698
BHPian

A very Stupid basic question: Why do we need seat covers? Can't we keep the stock seats and have them vacuumed, shampooed once in six months to keep them clean. May be replace them once in three years. Wouldn't that be a cheaper option than putting seat covers and a lot convenient too (considering we all worry so much reg getting it right)?
engrohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 19:23   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish View Post
I too have heard about them, but they are far for me. That's why I am hunting for a good place near by koramangala. Thanks for the invite anyways. Do share your experience by the way. I will do mine as well once I gets it done.
Hi
I am asusming by now you would have found a place in Koramangla. if not allow me to recommend 2 places - Karlsson in Indranagar and Car Fancy in Koramangla. Karlsson is expensive but very good fit and finish and mostly leather (OEM standard). Car Fancy also does both art and full leather. Someone you should check out if the need is still there.
Hope this is useful.
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 21:06   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Even leather has the same drawbacks. Perforated ones are not durable. With AC you should not feel that bad inside.
But I agree that cloth ones are the best.
Fabric/Cloth cover is the best for our hot climate. I resisted putting on an art leather seat cover till the oem fabric seat became a dust magnet and keeping the interiors dust free became a major problem for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Do you think this problem is present (to a similar degree) in case of good quality products like AutoForm as well?

I personally have not heard of many people complaining with AutoForm & a few other brands.
I have autoform u-cheer and it gets hot just like other art leather seat covers. Parked car has become hotter now after i put on the seat cover, fabric never made the interiors this hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
A very Stupid basic question: Why do we need seat covers? Can't we keep the stock seats and have them vacuumed, shampooed once in six months to keep them clean. May be replace them once in three years. Wouldn't that be a cheaper option than putting seat covers and a lot convenient too (considering we all worry so much reg getting it right)?
I loved the comfort and feel of oem fabric seats, but i finally put art leather covers just to make the interior less dusty, i live in a dusty environment and the fabric catches a lot of dust and even vacuuming it weekly wasn't enough to keep my dashboard/interior clean of dust.
Old 4th December 2012, 21:17   #701
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar

Fabric/Cloth cover is the best for our hot climate. I resisted putting on an art leather seat cover till the oem fabric seat became a dust magnet and keeping the interiors dust free became a major problem for me.

I eather covers just to make the interior less clean of dust.
I used to subscribe to this thought process about fabric seats.
Now I believe there is nothing quite like real leather provided one maintains it properly and buffs and polishes the seats and interiors regularly.
Especially because most of the time anyway, one is driving the vehicle with the windows closed and with the AC on.
Also, I guess we who live in Bangalore very rarely see those huge surges in heat and dust the way the other parts of India do.
Old 4th December 2012, 22:24   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi
I am asusming by now you would have found a place in Koramangla. if not allow me to recommend 2 places - Karlsson in Indranagar and Car Fancy in Koramangla. Karlsson is expensive but very good fit and finish and mostly leather (OEM standard). Car Fancy also does both art and full leather. Someone you should check out if the need is still there.
Hope this is useful.
Thanks Rajain! I haven't so far. Was a bit busy lately. Though I am not going to be free any time sooner, I probably be visiting these places some time this month to get to see the options.
Old 4th December 2012, 22:45   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar

I loved the comfort and feel of oem fabric seats, but i finally put art leather covers just to make the interior less dusty, i live in a dusty environment and the fabric catches a lot of dust and even vacuuming it weekly wasn't enough to keep my dashboard/interior clean of dust.
Any issue you faced in terms of car seats heating up excessively with art leather in sun?
Old 5th December 2012, 16:43   #704
BHPian

Hi Thaneites/ Mumbaikars

Any good shop to get seat covers in Thane?

Also is it advisable to remove the oem covers before fitting new one's to get better fit?

I am looking for art leather with max budget of 8K.

Thanks!
Old 11th December 2012, 18:29   #705
BHPian

I want to get the steering wheel of my honda city wrapped in genuin leather, how much would a neat job cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks