Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2012, 13:15   #706
BHPian

Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Guys,

Need advice on seat covers for WagonR CNG. Budget around 6k. Planning to go with dolphin. Any takes.
Old 13th January 2013, 14:36   #707
BANNED

Siva from Imperial was mentioning that as the side panel is moulded there is no way to cover it unless it is broken open. This is unlike other cars that have them screwed to the door panel.
Any manza owners on this thread who can share experience or experts who can recommend other shops in Bangalore?

Vijay
Old 16th January 2013, 16:16   #708
BHPian

I am getting leather seats done on my new honda city this Saturday from Pensee Leathers (based on feedback from t-bhp, of course ;-)). Total cost = 30K. Will keep you posted on how it goes.
Old 5th February 2013, 10:59   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat2kin View Post
I am getting leather seats done on my new honda city this Saturday from Pensee Leathers (based on feedback from t-bhp, of course ;-)). Total cost = 30K. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

Hi pat2kin,

was it you who I met at pensee with the new honda city getting suited up with black & grey leathers? I was the one with a skoda rapid waiting for my friend's fiesta getting seats covered.
Old 5th February 2013, 11:12   #710
BHPian

Hey Manas,

Yes, it was me and nice to see you here. I tried looking for you guys (Soman and you) on FB. But, there were too many hits (FB is over-crowded ) and couldn't figure out which was the right one.

I am yet to post pics of the car with leathers on (too lazy ). But, my initial impressions are, it was well-worth the money spent. Is Soman happy with his seat covers. See you around.
Old 5th February 2013, 11:51   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat2kin View Post
Hey Manas,

Yes, it was me and nice to see you here. I tried looking for you guys (Soman and you) on FB. But, there were too many hits (FB is over-crowded ) and couldn't figure out which was the right one.

I am yet to post pics of the car with leathers on (too lazy ). But, my initial impressions are, it was well-worth the money spent. Is Soman happy with his seat covers. See you around.
Ah don't bother. I'm not on FB :-)

I'm really looking forward to you sharing your feedback and pictures (especially) of the seats. They looked quite appealing to me. It'd be great to see some good work appreciated by us all in the forum. And also would help in making my mind to take the plunge!
Old 29th March 2013, 11:51   #712
BANNED

What will be the cost difference between an Art leather vs PU leather seat covers generally ?

Heard that it's 1500-2000(approx.) more for PU, right ?.
Old 22nd May 2014, 20:18   #713

Hope this is the correct thread.

Folks, I am looking to get art leather seat covers for my 2014 Honda City. I see G Sports seems to be the popular choice to go with.

One question - I found a car accessories vendor who is offering G Sports. That said, what's the guarantee on the genuine quality of G Sports, i.e. does it come with some sort of a certificate of genuineness?

Any pointers on other seat cover vendors in Bengaluru would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd May 2014, 13:41   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek82 View Post
Hope this is the correct thread.

Folks, I am looking to get art leather seat covers for my 2014 Honda City. I see G Sports seems to be the popular choice to go with.

One question - I found a car accessories vendor who is offering G Sports. That said, what's the guarantee on the genuine quality of G Sports, i.e. does it come with some sort of a certificate of genuineness?

Any pointers on other seat cover vendors in Bengaluru would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I haven't used G-sport personally but have seen the quality of the covers seems to have gone down a bit when I was trying various covers for my cars. The new ones does not seem very rugged like the old ones but please take my views with a pinch of salt as my experience is based on seeing the covers.

In selecting the art leather seat covers, would suggest you look at the following parameters as I use them for selecting my seat covers

a) The quality of material. Leather is better than PU is better than PVC but cost wise it is the other way. The blends are good as well. Lower the quality, the smell will be bad when the car is parked in summers. my personal choice would be leather > leather for contact areas only > PU > PU-PVC blend > PVC

b) Perforation: Models that comes with perforated material in contact areas will help reduce the sweating in summer

c) Fitting: There are few varieties of fitting in the order of preference
1) OE fit where they replace the cloth with the art leather seat cover
2) Tight Skin fit: Here they fit the seat cover on top of the fabric cover but they stitch the seat cover to the seat giving almost a OE finish. My manza, swift, and few other friends car have this fit and they are pretty good. However, the fitment vary based on the seat cover manufacturer, who fits the seat covers
3) Snug fit: Similar to skin fit but it is not as tight as the tight skin finish and is cheaper.
4) Slip on: Most seat covers that you get in general purpose accessory shops or even the car showroom is slip on type where they put the seat cover like a shirt and tighten the strings at the end.

Personally would prefer the OE fit followed by the tight skin fit

d) Quality of stitches: Stitches on the seat cover needs to be good

e) Finish of the material: There are various art leather seat covers whose grains closely matches with the leather there by giving a leather like finish.

f) Design of the seat cover and the color options available.

g) Customization options offered by the seat cover manufacturer and fitter.

On the branded ones, autoform (my earlier car, few of my friends cars ,dolphin (my friends cars) , gsport are standard but I prefer the newer ones from Bangalore i.e. top gear (on my friends car), tatoo on my car) , art skin (on my friends car) over autoform and g-sport but that is just me.

Kindly check the bangalore directory for excellent options. The most VFM seat covers fitting most of the parameter listed above seems to be the below as per fellow bhpians review

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html.
Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 13:46   #715
Senior - BHPian

Many BHPians got their seat cover done at Imperial and they look most value for money. Even I suggest Imperial.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 15:30   #716

Thanks a ton Latheesh an Sridhar K for your inputs. I just checked with Imperial. They've quoted 7.5k for my car - art leather variety.
Old 5th June 2014, 10:41   #717
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

I had recently got art leather seat covers installed from the car dealer for Hyundai Xcent.

However, after the installation, i feel there is a slight compromise on the lateral and underthigh support - specially in the front driver seat. The installer had made some incisions to the original seat and then stiched at some places (not complete stiching) the art leather seat cover. The original seat cover was not removed, but some incisions were made to stich from the center and sides.

Could the loss of lateral and underthigh support due to a very tight stiching by the installer? Can this be undone by loosening the strings that bind the seat cover under the seat and loosen a little bit?

Anyone else faced similar issue?

Last edited by DCEite : 5th June 2014 at 10:42.
Old 10th June 2014, 12:33   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Hello All,

I had recently got art leather seat covers installed from the car dealer for Hyundai Xcent.

However, after the installation, i feel there is a slight compromise on the lateral and underthigh support - specially in the front driver seat. The installer had made some incisions to the original seat and then stiched at some places (not complete stiching) the art leather seat cover. The original seat cover was not removed, but some incisions were made to stich from the center and sides.

Could the loss of lateral and underthigh support due to a very tight stiching by the installer? Can this be undone by loosening the strings that bind the seat cover under the seat and loosen a little bit?

Anyone else faced similar issue?
This is something I had noticed when seat covers were fitted on my Manza as well as the surface area gets reduced by the use of another cover on top of the fabric seat cover. This is seen more on cars which have decent but not great under thigh support on stock. Never had this problem in my new Swift though as the underthigh support on the swift is much better than Manza or xcent. Over a period of month or so and as you sit on it regularly, the covers will sit in nice and you will get used to it as well.
Old 19th June 2014, 09:17   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Hi Thaneites/ Mumbaikars

Any good shop to get seat covers in Thane?

Also is it advisable to remove the oem covers before fitting new one's to get better fit?

I am looking for art leather with max budget of 8K.

Thanks!

Not sure if this has been answered , if not try www.orchis.in in powai . VFM with decent quality, avoid weekend rush
Old 25th June 2014, 23:52   #720

Hi Guys!
At last i am an t-bhp. Really happy to be a part of you all.

I need the gurus to help me out to guide me as to which brand of art leather should i put for my new swift dezire.

And which place is the best VFM in bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks