Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2007, 12:52   #76
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Riju.
If u get the door trims also done then the interiors would look even better.
Old 16th September 2007, 14:05   #77
Senior - BHPian

G-sport says that door trims for a baleno is a no no coz the clips dont hold for long.
Old 16th September 2007, 17:00   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Did up a honda city last week at Stanley. Full leather Classic range at 20K. Includes seats, steering, side panels, gear boot, and hand brake handle. Owner is very happy. Two year warranty and they will clean the leather for free every six months for the next two years.
Can someone explain this big difference between the rates by Stanley vs Ceralli. With Innova, some say Ceralli did it in 27k while Stanley charged 43k. Sounded to to me that both were classic leather trim. Now here it says 20k for the City, but someone quoted 14k for a Baleno. That's ~50% more than the other chaps.

BTW, guess what Honda charges for its "OEM" leather seat covers for Civic? 35k and that too just the seats -- no door panels, gear boot, wheel or any trim: nothing. Just the 3 seat covers. And the fitting is pretty shoddy, more like a towel cover pulled over the existing one. Why blame them, when we have people who pay for that. But outrageous nonetheless.
Old 16th September 2007, 17:18   #79
Senior - BHPian

Stanley has 3 lines in Leather. Nappa is the costliest and that is what costs 43K, prolly. I forget the names of the other two lines.

Stanley works out cheapest when you go to Bangy and get it done there ay Stanley's showroom/workshop. Anywhere else, add 15% to 20% (of what it would cost at Bangalore).
Old 11th December 2007, 13:45   #80
BHPian

Hi all,
I plan to put art. seat covers to my Silver WagonR. I need quality art. seat covers which are cheap. Can u guys suggest where in bangalore can i find these given my requirements. I stay near Rajajinagar area. I don't mind even stiching these covers if he is good. Oh and my range is 3K. Also plz suggest any dark color which suits my car color.

Thanks,
Ramki/

Last edited by ramki067 : 11th December 2007 at 13:47.
Old 11th December 2007, 14:08   #81
BHPian

Ramki, I got them done at Car Shringar. It was for 5k. (Cream color). Black and grey ones were cheaper. Other shops on the mission road/JC road had ready to stich materials with them. (might charge a little less for that )
Old 1st January 2008, 19:21   #82
BHPian

I am planning a banglore trip. Will it be worth getting seat covers done by stanley . In tvpm there are lot of shops doing the stanley seats. I want to know how customers are treated by stanley in banglore so that I will be able to assess how worth it is to be done by them. The other benefit will be the cost factor.

Also know that they have 2 centres in banglore, one at Indiranagar and another near M.G. road. Like to know which one is better.
Old 1st January 2008, 19:34   #83
BHPian

^^^ There is one in mission road. Go there. Thats where the job is carried out. The other 2 are outlets.
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:48   #84
BHPian

Anybody heard of Crush seat covers!!!

HI all,
Yesterday i put seat covers in my car. the place was a JC Road shop in Bangy called Seat Planet. The person gave me some material which he said as Crush seat covers and when i asked is it Art leather or so he said its different and not Art Leather. Do you guys know what material is it? It costed me 3K for front and back seats. The material was smooth.

Ramki.
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:58   #85
Team-BHP Support

ramki, why don't you post pics of the seat covers if you have put them on your car.
Old 2nd May 2008, 12:01   #86
BHPian

sorry vid6639... i'm in office now.. will surely post pics tomorrow...Just wanted to know if anybody has put these covers.

The shop guy said it is heat resistive and doesn't heat up as Art Leather!!!

Last edited by ramki067 : 2nd May 2008 at 12:04.
Old 2nd May 2008, 12:47   #87
BHPian

hey team

hey guys, ive got like art leather installed 5 -6 times in various cars like zen, esteem, accent, lancer etc from this guy at linking road in bandra, mumbai. he sits at the SHELL PETROLE PUMP and his name is MR.KHAN. Young chap but what work. just amazing. he has a range of 40-50 different shades. he also told me that he is the one doing all cars for rehan ( rio design ) in bandra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sankeerthreddy View Post
hi guys, i have OHC and it has the stock fabric covers.
so i wanted to change them with the art leather covers,i wanted to know
how much they cost me?i wanted a black and a cream combination covers
as its a heather mist color.so help me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
sorry vid6639... i'm in office now.. will surely post pics tomorrow...Just wanted to know if anybody has put these covers.

The shop guy said it is heat resistive and doesn't heat up as Art Leather!!!
Old 7th May 2008, 08:02   #88
BHPian

guys.... i just did the door pads and the speaker tray for my baleno in genuine leather at Hemant's place. The finish is pretty good and the interiors look pretty classy, but we faced a problem with the left rear door pad. A few screw rivets have broken off and we couldnt tightened the screws properly and the pad is loose in the center. A temporary fix we did was to stuff some old fabric into the door pad and fix it back. This isn't a long term solution since the door lock is getting jammed. The only way out is to use some super duper sticky glue. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? Hemant said he'll look around for a couple of days and buzz me. But suggestions from TBhpians are welcome!!
Old 7th May 2008, 23:54   #89
BHPian

while doing the door pads, the guy at Hemant's place misplaced the cover for the screws of the right rear door pad (attaching the pic below). It looks really crappy.... spoils the whole point of putting leather!! Any idea if a spare is available anywhere? I doubt if Maruti has spares of this. If spares arent available, could anybody suggest an alternative?

P.S The question in the above post is still unanswered.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-door-pad.jpg  

Old 8th May 2008, 12:54   #90
Senior - BHPian

leo you got the door trims done eh ? Can you post a bigger pic mate and also prices would be helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks