Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2020, 13:54   #886

Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
Hi, could you please recommend a place in Bangalore then?
Hello,

You can also have a look at Saddles India. They are suppliers for few OEM'S as well.

https://saddlesindia.com/

Regards, Deepak
deepakpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 11:26   #887
BHPian

Hi everyone, I am at an accessories shop where I had ordered Dolphin seat covers for Nissan Kicks. The sample shown to me had dolphin logo at the back, however, the ones he is showing me right now doesn’t have dolphin logo. I am confused, should I still go for it?
He has shown me a bag in which the seat covers came, it has the address of dolphin accessories.
Old 20th June 2020, 12:21   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi everyone, I am at an accessories shop where I had ordered Dolphin seat covers for Nissan Kicks. The sample shown to me had dolphin logo at the back, however, the ones he is showing me right now doesn’t have dolphin logo. I am confused, should I still go for it?
He has shown me a bag in which the seat covers came, it has the address of dolphin accessories.
Dolphin are suppliers to many OEM's. Often they are not allowed to sell outside, so the manufacturer sells them without the logos for after market requirements. It's the same with similar brands like autoform,elegant,etc.
hareshjethwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 19:51   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
Dolphin are suppliers to many OEM's. Often they are not allowed to sell outside, so the manufacturer sells them without the logos for after market requirements. It's the same with similar brands like autoform,elegant,etc.
Thank you for the clarification

Done with the fitting of seat covers. They did a brilliant job, kudos for the effort put in. I’ll let the pictures do the talk:
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-e83ef9219b7f4649970f3644be2804c5.jpeg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-ae023fa46e52448e836854491de92859.jpeg  

sahil624 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 08:21   #890
BHPian

Hello Team,

Having my membership approved recently, this is my first post on Team-BHP. It is almost urreal for me, how I'm finally going from just a 'consumer' to now a 'Supplier' of content

I had gotten new seat covers for my i20 a few years back, but given that I wasn't a member back then, the images were archived somewhere on my phone. Now that I have the membership as well as the time (Thank you Covid19), I thought I could finally start giving back.

The Hyundai i20 comes with fabric stock seats which are very delicate and looked somewhat cheap to my eyes. Most importantly, they used to get dirty real soon.

I visited SpeedZ auto accessories at Andheri (W) one day and sat down with them to discuss the covers. They were very patient and showcased a huge variety of colors and also helped me come to a conclusion.
Finally got the chocolate brown covers with beige inserts in the 'AMG' style!

It took about 2 days for the covers to arrive. Another 2 hours to install them. But in the end it was all worthwhile. Fit and finish is amazing and the car seems to have been given a new life.

It cost me Rs.5000/- for the covers and Rs.1000/- for the AMG style pattern, bringing the total to Rs. 6000/-

The whole install process is in the pics below!
Enjoy guys!

1. Front and Rear Seats pulled out for better working space

Art Leather Seat Covers-1.jpg

2. Seat Covers ready to be Sewed on top of the fabric

Art Leather Seat Covers-2.jpg

3. A shot of the car with rear seats removed

Art Leather Seat Covers-3.jpg

4. A WIP picture showing the Back View of the Fabric Stock Seats

Art Leather Seat Covers-4.jpg

5. Front Seats Finished View

Art Leather Seat Covers-5.jpg

6. Rear Seats Finished View

Art Leather Seat Covers-6.jpg

7. In-Car 3/4th View

Art Leather Seat Covers-7.jpg

8. Showing off her rear

Art Leather Seat Covers-8.jpg

Thank you for reading!
My Apologies if I have violated any guidelines or made mistakes. It's my first time!
SA-G13B is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 07:52   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Yeah i got custom made seats with a fabric type material. The black has a velvet life soft touch feel and the grey fabric has a hexagon pattern, Costed me 5200 in Delhi.
Hi, Request to share the numbers/details of the seat guy.I m also looking for fabric seats and these look good.
Old 31st December 2020, 15:19   #892
BHPian

I am getting my Ignis Zeta delivered next week. Maruti is providing Nexa authentic seat covers for 7500. Sales rep said that the seat covers are made of some 'Premium PU' leather and seat covers come with lifetime warranty against stitching and any other manufacturing defects. Is it worth getting those from Nexa itself or should I go after market ? My concern is about quality.
Old 31st December 2020, 17:18   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
I am getting my Ignis Zeta delivered next week. Maruti is providing Nexa authentic seat covers for 7500. Sales rep said that the seat covers are made of some 'Premium PU' leather and seat covers come with lifetime warranty against stitching and any other manufacturing defects. Is it worth getting those from Nexa itself or should I go after market ? My concern is about quality.
Consider using the car with the fabric seats without any covers at first for a while before choosing to install seat covers. Installing seat covers usually involves removing the original fabric cover and/or poking holes in the original seats. Add in the poor temperature regulation of art leather compared to fabric and you might not find the result as beneficial as you think.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 02:28   #894
Senior - BHPian

I got these covers done from Car Point in Mira road for 5500 with 5 years replacement warranty. They offered me hi tech covers too for 7500 with same warranty so I didn't see any point in spending 2k more for what is artificial leather anyway which these guys call Nappa.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-img_20201226_171247.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_20201226_171233.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_20201226_171221.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_20201226_171209.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_20201226_151252.jpg  

straight6 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 12:49   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post
Hi. I am looking for a custom steering wrap (like factory fit) and good seat cover shops in Pune, for my Brezza. Any suggestions !!
Looking for the same in Pune. I was told to check with Pawar seatcovers, Nanapeth. Visited them and they told me that steering wrap costs 1800 but in order to remove and refit, they'll charge 3800 as they'd need to take the car to A.S.S for removal. Kindly let me know if you find someone that can get the work done at a better price.

Last edited by TorqueSteer : 17th January 2021 at 12:51.
Old 17th January 2021, 13:50   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
Kindly let me know if you find someone that can get the work done at a better price.
Hi.

Thanks for the information. As of now I’m happy with the Solimo steering cover bought on Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-c3de208137444867a8bd46ee44ffd9d4.jpeg  

Old 12th March 2021, 10:55   #897
vns

Hi,

I am looking for seat covers for my Creta. I checked Imperial leathers and Saddles India, both are close to my home.

While imperial quotes Nappa and Montana finish as art leather, Saddles say they've Microfiber leather with nappa finish. Price wise both are comparable (Saddles prefer cash payment)

Anyone has first hand experience of the above?

Thanks in advance
Old 22nd March 2021, 09:32   #898
vns

I brought Creta last week and was looking for seat cover options around my area. Imperial leathers is very close one and had lot of positive reviews (there is a thread on this in city section). I also heard about OEM car seat cover company, Saddles India and it too was very close. On the day of PDI, while returning we visited them for enquiry. Based on discussion and the work seen, we're convinced that the work being done is good. The price offered too was comparable to Imperial Leathers.

After the delivery, I took the car to them and decided on dual tone micro-fibre leatherette seat covers and paid 50% as advance (in cash). Apparently this leatherette is fungus resistant and the foam too, used inside, is somewhat fire resistant.

Last Saturday, the seat covers were fitted. They took ~3-4 hours to remove seats, put new covers (I'd requested them not to remove the original fabric), fit them with pins and putting seats back into car. Overall the material, stitch quality and the fittings have nearly well. After the covers are fitted, they use steam to adjust the cover in proper shape. I got 4 cushions and 2 neck rests too done as part of this. SX comes with steering wheel covers and did not wanted to change the same. They offered to put leather cover to driver side arm rest (left), i did not opt for it as this can be done only with leather.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-img_1531.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_1532_2.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_1537_s.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_1539.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_1551.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-img_1552.jpg  

vns is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 13:01   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Consider using the car with the fabric seats without any covers at first for a while before choosing to install seat covers...not find the result as beneficial as you think.
Hey! I also wanted to buy Nexa Seat covers for Ignis but after seeing your comment didn't go for it. But now I've another issue that the fabric seat cover has absorbed all my sweat and now the driver seat smells bad

Any advice? Cover or no cover but with any recommendations for cleaning the OG fabric seats please? Thanks!
Old 30th May 2021, 15:57   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Hey! I also wanted to buy Nexa Seat covers for Ignis but after seeing your comment didn't go for it. But now I've another issue that the fabric seat cover has absorbed all my sweat and now the driver seat smells bad

Any advice? Cover or no cover but with any recommendations for cleaning the OG fabric seats please? Thanks!
Get the car detailed at any decent place like 3M. They should have products to clean the seats. There are probably DIYs at home but those I'm less sure about.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks