Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 15:42   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
...Is it still recommended to take out the OE seat covers before fitting the new ones?
I'd do this only if the new ones are designed to replace the OE stitched-in seat-covers. To do that, the new seat-covers will need some channel-like stitches in the places where the OE seats bend, fold, change contour etc.

There are some brass-rods (or rods that look like brass rods) with rounded-off hooks in the end that run through these internal channels (in the OE seats) that have to be removed and fitted onto the new seat-covers. These brass-rods hook into various points in the frame of the seat through the foam, and pull the seat towards the seat-frame, giving it the contoured look.

I have seen quite a few cars fitted with G-Sport seat covers, and the fit and finish is quite good.
Old 11th March 2009, 14:03   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
I just want a temporary solution as my seats are getting worn off. I dont want to spend on leather as i am planning to keep the car only for a year more.

So was considering the option of using turkish towel on art leather seats.
you mentioned in the earlier post to help you out to decide wheter to go in for leather or art leather,so gave you my suggestion, didnt mention anythin about "turkish towel".wont go beyond rs500 to rs600.right???
Old 11th March 2009, 16:27   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
you mentioned in the earlier post to help you out to decide wheter to go in for leather or art leather,so gave you my suggestion, didnt mention anythin about "turkish towel".wont go beyond rs500 to rs600.right???
Towel seat covers are the cheapest but not Rs. 500 - to 600/-.

For my Swift it cost me around 2000/- and they fit perfectly. However, even though towel set covers look neat and are very comfortable, they are much lower in terms of style quotient vis-a-vis leather and "art" leather.
Old 12th March 2009, 02:37   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, i too am exploring an option for a seat cover for my SWIFT. Can anybody help me with leather and Art Leather people in and around Trichur? i am pretty new to this place and don't know where to find decent installers.

I checked out some local guys and rates vary from 3000 to 5500. But i don't know exactly what the difference in materials used in this price range. Which one should i go for?
Hey dude, I got black art leather covers for my swift from maruti itself. Costed me a good 6.5k but was worth it since the fit is unbelievably snug and it looks really good too. A friend of mine went the other route and go them put from outside and his arent nearly half as good, the fit is loose and the material is quite literally rubbish.
Old 12th March 2009, 11:49   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks dude, but you did not get my point. I wanted to compare prices of art leather and leather seat covers and, thought i d go for leather if the cost difference was not too much.

Later on i got suggestions from my friends not to go for leather as good quality ones would cost a bomb and its not wise spending so much for a car thats being sold in a year.

So i am planning to install art leather seatcovers in my car and use plain turkish towels on long drives to reduce the heat from the seat covers. What say guys? But i am just exploring my options yet to discover good people to do quality job in Trichur.
Old 17th March 2009, 14:46   #111
BHPian

srikant-just go to cochin and meet the guys in "ostler",i think they would give you pretty quality job.
Old 18th March 2009, 10:28   #112
BHPian

Quote:
srikant-just go to cochin and meet the guys in "ostler",i think they would give you pretty quality job.
Thanks pal, can you direct me to them with their phone no please? so that i could enquire. Where in cochin are they located?
Old 18th March 2009, 14:20   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks pal, can you direct me to them with their phone no please? so that i could enquire. Where in cochin are they located?
the name's manu, his number is 9946030030.
Old 16th April 2009, 15:19   #114
BHPian

Custom Seat Covers in Bangalore

Hi... I have been looking around for custom seat covers both art and genuine leathers for my Tata Safari in Bangalore. I did search on T-Bhp but did not find good pointers. Can anyone suggest me a good place where I can get the seat covers and may be gear knobs done? I am looking for a good look, fit and finish. I live in J P Nagar so any place closer will be helpful. And ya I know about J C Road very well. I got seat covers for my other car installed from there, but they are not so great.

I have found a place called pensee leathers :: PENSEE Leathers :: from the net and they look very professional. Has anyone tried it there?
Old 21st April 2009, 16:37   #115
BHPian

nitvin-in bangalore there are lot of guys into leather,stanley & elmo are really good, elmo is run by a teambhp member,his name sajith unni his number is9845024245.
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:07   #116
BHPian

Thanks Designation. I will contact him. I also searched the threads and found about G-Sport covers. Many people had good reviews. Which do you think is a good value for money? Stanley, Elmo, G-Sport or Pensee?

Has anyone got their seats done by Pensee here? If so, reviews will be helpful.

Thanks
Old 25th April 2009, 02:23   #117
BHPian

Guys -

Read the whole thread and was wondering if anyone in Bangalore has heard of/tried Ovian seat covers. I believe they are Art leather and are available in 2 options. One @ 5.5k and other @ 8.5 k. I enquired in Evo, Indiranagar, Bangalore. He was confident that Ovian 8.5k one will have OE fitment look.

SO wanted to know know what's your opinon on the below brands

1) Ovian 2) G-sport 3) Darado - (This one I enquired from junction in Jayanagar.

Regards
Old 4th May 2009, 14:38   #118
BANNED

Sought opinions of experts -

I bought Linea Flamenco Red recently & am looking for art / semi - leather seat covers. Visited 1 shop & got below info:
  1. Art Leather (he calls it "ragzine") - Rs. 3800/- (he says it WILL peel off)
  2. PU quality (Autoform brand) - Rs. 5,800/- (he gives guarantee that this will not peel off)
What say guys? are Art leathers this bad? I read on some forums that Art leather lasts long & does not peel off. Need advice. My criterias are as below:
  • Budget - 3500/- to 4000/-. However, can stretch it to 6000/- if art leathers are really bad as compared to PU
  • Covers should not get too hot. I heard from many that art leather does not get very hot, but a bit hot.
Old 7th May 2009, 12:58   #119
BHPian

vahanpujari-art leather is nothing but pu, no difference,only its made too look like leather, it gets really hot,if u have the budget please go for genuine leather.
Old 7th May 2009, 13:36   #120
Senior - BHPian

any art leather seat cover becomes really hot in summers even the genuine leather seat covers. and leather cover will cost you anything above 25k.
search for g-sports/Stanley seat covers in the market there entry level will cost around 7k lill more for Stanley but there quality (both) is really good. and will last till you keep your car and maintaining them is not a problem you can clean them with wet cloth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks