Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2021, 21:56   #901
BHPian

Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Get the car detailed at any decent place like 3M. They should have products to clean the seats. There are probably DIYs at home but those I'm less sure about.
Thanks a lot man! Will try it out.

Any specific intervals to be followed? I was also thinking of placing apron like cloth thing or something to reduce the direct contact of my back with the seats (I just sweat a lot because I walk a lot whenever I go somewhere driving)
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 23:12   #902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Thanks a lot man! Will try it out.

Any specific intervals to be followed? I was also thinking of placing apron like cloth thing or something to reduce the direct contact of my back with the seats (I just sweat a lot because I walk a lot whenever I go somewhere driving)
Probably get it cleaned when you feel it's necessary. Your car, your rules. Seats can take sweat, stains etc and they can be cleaned too. I wouldn't worry too much about "protecting" them.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 09:03   #903

Friends,

I want to get my car seat covers done for my maruti dzire. I approached a few accessories shops and they offer 4 different variants

1. Normal rexine (~ 5000-5500), with 1 year warranty
2. Superior rexine (~6000), with 5 year warranty
3. PU leather (~7000), with 5 year warranty
4. Nappa leather (~8000), with 5 year warranty

Honestly speaking, I am unable to differentiate too much between these materials. PU leather and nappa is padded with thin foam in the sample material shown and seems to be a bit thicker.

Also, I understand that fitting the rexine covers takes only about an hour and a half, while PU and Nappa takes 4 hours.

Can you please help me in deciding which one to go? Obviously normal rexine is ruled out. In terms of heat reduction, longevity and looks, does it make too much of a difference between Superior rexine, PU leather and Nappa?

Personally, I am inclined towards PU leather as the beige color provides a 100% match to my interiors, however am not sure of other aspects.

Regards
Dzirechennai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 18:17   #904
BHPian

Question to everyone who has got their seat covers done outside: Irrespective of how good the workmanship is, will it be possible to get your seat covers look exactly like the OE style covers that would usually come with the top-most variant?

I am asking because I have seen a lot of photos in this forum, but I think there is something that differentiates them from what comes factory-fitted. Not able to put a finger on what it is, but there certainly seems to be something missing.
Old 15th October 2021, 23:14   #905
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for seat covers for my new Creta. Any reference for a reliable shop in East Bangalore (Whitefield, Marathahalli, Indira Nagar, ORR etc) where I can buy and get them fitted the same day. Also, any recommendation for the variety/material I should go for- I'm looking for beige color to go with the car interior, it should be easy to maintain, comfortable on long drives and long lasting. How are OEM seat covers, should I consider them?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 15th October 2021 at 23:16.
Old 15th October 2021, 23:28   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I am looking for seat covers for my new Creta. Any reference for a reliable shop in East Bangalore (Whitefield, Marathahalli, Indira Nagar, ORR etc) where I can buy and get them fitted the same day. Also, any recommendation for the variety/material I should go for- I'm looking for beige color to go with the car interior, it should be easy to maintain, comfortable on long drives and long lasting. How are OEM seat covers, should I consider them?
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...bangalore.html (Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore))

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...bangalore.html (Seat Covers - Trend (HSR Layout, Bangalore))
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 23:38   #907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
A BHPian recently fit Hyundai Mobis seat covers on his Creta. You can check out his post here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5173705 (My Hyundai Creta Diesel MT - An Ownership Review)

These would be cheaper and won't damage the OEM fabric seat covers. But fitting won't be the best. After-market options like Trend or Imperial would be more expensive, would come with better fitting, variety of color options but would involve stitching onto the OEM covers.
ashis89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 15:17   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
The towel seat covers are available with Elegant Seat Covers . Please check their web site for various options .

these are also available on amazon , you may check with sellers before placing an order .

https://elegantautoretail.com/collec...car-seat-cover
Hello team,
This query is not really about seat cover, but about elegant auto retail. After looking at the above post and browsing through the elegant auto retail website, I ordered GoMechanic Gusto T1 tyre inflator in Feb 2021. Got the order delivered to Bangalore and everything was fine till now. I recently saw that the inflator was not working. It starts once switched on after connecting the nozzle to the tyre. But within a second or two it switches off and the PSI reading starts to count down from really high number like 85 or so., and doesn't really do anything after that. I contacted Gomechanic and they are willing to check it under warranty. However, I don't have the invoice copy for this and I checked my emails and whatsapp through which elegant auto retail interacted with me while processing the order. Now I have asked for the same, but no response yet to either my email or whatsapp message. Any suggestions on how to get this invoice? Is that downloadable or should I wait for Elegant auto retail to revert? Please suggest if you have any experience with elegant auto retail. Thanks.
Old 21st December 2021, 19:07   #909
BHPian

Had a question, how do we distinguish the different quality art leather cover available at stores. I went around 3 stores at Trivandrum and the prices for the top quality material range from ₹9.5K to ₹22K (Safari Storme). Unfortunately the sampling g material all of them feel similar.

2 stores specifically quoted 13.5K and 22K for some Napa quality art leather.

Any pointers on how to distinguish the materials are appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by kochup : 21st December 2021 at 19:08. Reason: Added Car details
Old 21st December 2021, 19:39   #910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post
Had a question, how do we distinguish the different quality art leather cover available at stores.
They look just the same to me. May be the thickness and texture. Texture is created during manufacturing, so should not make a difference. None of these has any standards that one can use - so what ever the shop guys say, that is our only reference.

Having said that - I suggest avoiding art leather. Do check the fabric stuff from elegant auto. Or Chetak Gati. I got this last one in beige colour - it's woven synthetic, and does not heat up like art leather. You can check pics in the Storme thread.
Old 21st December 2021, 19:45   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
They look just the same to me. May be the thickness and texture. Texture is created during manufacturing, so should not make a difference. None of these has any standards that one can use - so what ever the shop guys say, that is our only reference.

Having said that - I suggest avoiding art leather. Do check the fabric stuff from elegant auto. Or Chetak Gati. I got this last one in beige colour - it's woven synthetic, and does not heat up like art leather. You can check pics in the Storme thread.
Thanks Condor.
Will check out the suggestions. Last I checked there is no elegant authorized installer at Trivandrum, will have to see if someplace will do the installation for a fee.
Old 3rd January 2022, 12:20   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
A BHPian recently fit Hyundai Mobis seat covers on his Creta. You can check out his post here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5173705 (My Hyundai Creta Diesel MT - An Ownership Review)

These would be cheaper and won't damage the OEM fabric seat covers. But fitting won't be the best. After-market options like Trend or Imperial would be more expensive, would come with better fitting, variety of color options but would involve stitching onto the OEM covers.
I am also looking to cover my OEM seat covers for my Creta. I have been talking to the guys at www.motormind.in and they told be for Artificial leather they will take about 3/4 days and machine stitch the new seats. What I am also told is that they will replace the seats with new ones. They are asking about 16K for all seats (starting). I am in two minds about this. I like their workmanship but I am also worried about them replacing the factory seats with theirs. I would like to ask experts here on their views please? If I do not go with them, I would need alternate suggestions like g-sport or other local guys who will do a cover for the seats (the original seats are soiled and I need them covered up - had children who ate and drank in the car)
I am looking at either this week or next week to do this for my car so advise would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd January 2022, 12:33   #913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
I am also looking to cover my OEM seat covers for my Creta. I have been talking to the guys at www.motormind.in and they told be for Artificial leather they will take about 3/4 days and machine stitch the new seats. What I am also told is that they will replace the seats with new ones. They are asking about 16K for all seats (starting). I am in two minds about this. I like their workmanship but I am also worried about them replacing the factory seats with theirs. I would like to ask experts here on their views please? If I do not go with them, I would need alternate suggestions like g-sport or other local guys who will do a cover for the seats (the original seats are soiled and I need them covered up - had children who ate and drank in the car)
I am looking at either this week or next week to do this for my car so advise would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
The price seems fair but 3-4 days of turnaround time seems high. They might take measurements and then call you with the car after 3-4 day(s) for fitting.

Removing the original cover and replacing them with new ones will ensure much better fit. As it is, after putting new covers, we never go back to using old ones (even if they lie underneath). There is no harm in removing them. If you are still skeptical, then check-out slip on covers from Elegant or G-Sport. I remember seeing few dealers of Elegant in Bangalore who do the installation. Also remember, these art leather seats make the interiors hotter due to lack of breathing, compared to fabric.

Before doing all this, I hope you have already explored the idea of deep cleaning of the original seat cover and the interiors at a good car care center.

Last edited by ashis89 : 3rd January 2022 at 12:35.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 12:40   #914
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
I would like to ask experts here on their views please? If I do not go with them, I would need alternate suggestions like g-sport or other local guys who will do a cover for the seats
You can go both ways - removing the OE covers or install the new covers on top.

If you remove the OE covers, then these are of no use anymore
If you retain the OE covers, the total thickness increases by a lil bit, but you wont find a noticeable difference.

Personally, I am comfortable with Nagraj/Devraj (check thread on these guys).

All these shops have templates ready, and based on your design & colors selection, they will prepare the final seats.

Having said that, I prefer fabric over art-leather for the comfort. Even if it means cleaning more often.

Elegant is a good option for fabric. G-sport is for art leather, but I find them a bit expensive compared to others.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 13:28   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The price seems fair but 3-4 days of turnaround time seems high. They might take measurements and then call you with the car after 3-4 day(s) for fitting.
_Snipped_

Before doing all this, I hope you have already explored the idea of deep cleaning of the original seat cover and the interiors at a good car care center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You can go both ways - removing the OE covers or install the new covers on top.
_snipped_
Thank you ashis89 and condor for your replies. From what they told me is that they will remove the seats and send them to the manufacturer (its not in house) and they will be fitted (tailored, in their lingo) and the finished seats would be fitted back into the car. And they said they will remove the seats (cushion / foam and form included) and replace it with theirs (Not sure if my understanding is correct) and not just the fabric.
Point noted about PUC vs Fabric seats
Will read up on the two suggested names/vendors as well. Distance also matters a little bit since I am in Kothanur area, JP Nagar or Bannerghata is not really an easy option.
Deep cleaning is another one I have to explore since the Hyundai guys said it was impossible to remove food and drink stains on the seats I didnt really give it much thought. 3M might be able to clean it?
gtonsing is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks