Team-BHP - Steering wheel options for the BMW 7-Series
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Steering wheel options for the BMW 7-Series (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/208722-steering-wheel-options-bmw-7-series.html)

Need help in finding something better for my 7 Series Signature. Apart from the steering, it looks and drives absolutely fantastic. I would have sold this long back but for the wonderful Bowers system:)

BMW Dealers cannot offer anything for this model so what are the options, with or without paddles?

MY - 2014/15 - Variant - 730-D
VIN - DZ29198

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-M-Spo...l/253861574785

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-M-Spo...4/273453450906

The fitment of the F02 7 series is the same as the F10 5 series. And the steerings are interchangeable and fully functional. So any option for the F10 5 series (apart from M5) would work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4578970)
Need help in finding something better for my 7 Series Signature.

No paddle shifters :Shockked:. You MUST get paddles with your new steering. I can't even imagine driving this engine + gearbox on the open road without paddle shifters. The gearbox is very willing to listen to the driver's commands.

This will be your best bet. Taken from Tanveer's thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4580403)
You MUST get paddles with your new steering. I can't even imagine driving this engine + gearbox on the open road without paddle shifters.
This will be your best bet.

This is exactly what I have ordered via a friendly Bhpian :D Now the waiting game begins.

Assuming yours is an F04 7 series, enquire at BMW whether the steerings from the G11 are compatible or not? An MSport steering in a signature edition may look bit out of place don't you think? The G11 ones are really beautiful with all metal buttons. You might need to spend a bit more but there are barely used ones available on eBay. All this, if the compatibility is there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 4580472)
An MSport steering in a signature edition may look bit out of place don't you think?

Didn't think on those lines really, if I am not mistaken, BMW used to give wooden trim on 530-D in past so it should be OK.
Quote:

The G11 ones are really beautiful with all metal buttons. All this, if the compatibility is there.
Correct, the newer wheel is better (I used to own one in M Trim :D) But I am sure with all the latest electronics it will be hard to configure. My best bet is the M Sports from 5 series for which seller has assured paddles will work 99,9 %

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4580446)
This is exactly what I have ordered via a friendly Bhpian :D Now the waiting game begins.

Got mine too, from the friendly Bhpian 2 years ago, for my X3 f25 20d. One of the best upgrades.
Ohh, yes I installed the Steinbauer box as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4578970)
I would have sold this long back but for the wonderful Bowers system.

This is exactly what I have ordered via a friendly Bhpian, Now the waiting game begins.

This should look rather nice in your car. I think the M-sport steering wheel is one of the best out there.

Also, If you do decide to part with your 7, please DM me before you exchange it for another car. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4580446)

Good choice. Congrats! Which BHPian hooked it up?

I too am contemplating changing my W222 S steering to a wooden type one but it’s hard to source it and I presume will cost a bomb.

How much did this steering cost you?

Got it installed yesterday, looks great.

I wonder whether this is the right thread to post my issue, but how can I get retrimming done for my worn out E90 steering wheel? Pune/Mumbai works for me. Thanks

Steering wheel options for the BMW 7-Series-unnamed.jpg

Was planning on upgrading my F30 steering wheel to the M sport one with paddles, the car is 4 years old now and i need to start fiddling with her now.:D

Have already got the Bilstein's installed, need the newer steering with paddles, any leads on whom can i get in touch with in Delhi NCR?

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolboy007 (Post 4786663)
Was planning on upgrading my F30 steering wheel to the M sport one with paddles, the car is 4 years old now and i need to start fiddling with her now

Replied to your PM, posting here for benefits of others,

I bought from Akshay - RedLine Authaus - 98199 17829

Someone recommended - Sushila Autotechnik - Macky today. Apparently, they carry this in stocks - contact - 97655 62250

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4789589)
Replied to your PM, posting here for benefits of others,

Thank you buddy for the PM and updating the thread as well, have already sprung into action. Will see how this goes and keep you updated. Installation as you also did should not be an issue at the authorised workshop.