Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2019, 04:06   #31
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento TSI with mods & accessories – My institution for learning

Offlate I have been facing with slight vibrations on the steering and foot peds at around 2800 RPM even in neutral. Tried changing all the beds and still no luck. What else could it be?
Old 29th May 2019, 09:54   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan1988 View Post
Offlate I have been facing with slight vibrations on the steering and foot peds at around 2800 RPM even in neutral. Tried changing all the beds and still no luck. What else could it be?
Get the engine and gearbox mounting checked. I just came to know that the gearbox mounting on my Jetta has given up along with both rear wheel bearings (due to bent rims)
vishy76 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 14:41   #33
BHPian

Hey Sharan,

Congrats on the car and brilliant job you've done on the mods. I have the same car although in the comfortline variant. I love black interiors in cars and that was the main reason for me.

Wanted to check if you've managed to do something about the Headlights. They are pathetic and i've tried speaking to a few people and no one seems to have an answer.

Do let me know if you have done anything or plan to do something in that regard.

Regards,
Old 14th November 2019, 23:01   #34
BHPian

Sharan sir,

We bought a VW Vento TSI HL Plus recently and I am looking forward to upgrade the stock steering wheel to the one with paddle shifts.

Can you kindly help me by providing a link through which you have purchased your wheel with paddles?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
robb.
Old 31st December 2019, 16:03   #35
BHPian

I believe your Vento got featured on motorbeam.
Old 31st December 2019, 18:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Some super mods there!
Post remap, what is the new config you have got - power and torque?
From what I know, the DQ200 is maxed out at 250 NM already.
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 08:47   #37
BHPian

Apologies for not keeping my thread updated. My car has completed 55000km and has been hassle free for the most part.
Volkswagen Vento TSI with mods & accessories  –  My institution for learning-9a2867a94eee4cd7a8fa9a29da29f616-2.jpg
Even though the car is going to turn 5 in the next few months, the itch to change the car is totally not there. Feature wise the car is on par or if not better than all the current generation cars within its segment. The only thing I feel that is slightly lacking is the power and have been looking at ways to improve upon it. Now lets come to the changes that have been made since my last post.

LED LOWBEAM:

The car came with not so great lights so a DIY was imminent. The only option I had considered was to swap it out for an OEM Bi-xenon 6R lights but costing for those were touching 6digit figures hence wanted something for the time being. I came across a LED H7 bulb made by Philips. It’s their top of the line bulb called “X-treme Ultinon”. Usually while using a led bulb in a reflector housing made for halogen scatters the light all over and ending up with a light output which is poorer than halogens. That wasn’t the case here and I was very surprised with its light output and it had a very clean cutoff too. On comparison I would say that light output is on par with the current LED headlights that come with the new vento. Would let the pictures do the talking.
Volkswagen Vento TSI with mods & accessories  –  My institution for learning-screenshot-20200102-8.34.44-am.png
Volkswagen Vento TSI with mods & accessories  –  My institution for learning-screenshot-20200102-8.34.32-am.png
Volkswagen Vento TSI with mods & accessories  –  My institution for learning-img_3628.jpg

8K PARK PILOT:

I knew it was quite a lot of work for this DIY and it was a long overdue as the parts have been sitting for over 6 months. Lots of tutorial on teambhp and other forums so I won’t get into the DIY part. It took me two days to complete it. The parking sensors can be either manual turned on by pressing the button on the dash if your speed is below 10kmph or while reverse gear is engaged. My parking space is quite tight and this really helps me to navigate close around the parked scooters. I am pleasantly surprised on how accurate this works and doesn’t require me to guess anymore. If only we could somehow install a camera to the front and make it to work along with the sensor would make the experience even better. If any inputs please suggest? .
Volkswagen Vento TSI with mods & accessories  –  My institution for learning-img_3646.jpg
Volkswagen Vento TSI with mods & accessories  –  My institution for learning-img_3666.jpg
Volkswagen Vento TSI with mods & accessories  –  My institution for learning-img_3766.jpg

I am really surprised on the potential that this econobox has. If you think of a feature that you must have, there is a way to do it on this car. Stay tuned there is more to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
I believe your Vento got featured on motorbeam.
...Thanks yes it is mine. There is also a vlog which will be coming up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Some super mods there!
Since my car was not dynoed I didn't have the actual power and torque figures. Just told what might seem reasonable.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 2nd January 2020 at 13:59. Reason: Making it one logical post
sharan1988 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 10:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
around 2800 RPM even in neutral....
Ventos do not go beyond 2500 rpm in neutral. How do you manage 2800?
Old 2nd January 2020, 13:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSoms View Post
Wanted to check if you've managed to do something about the Headlights. They are pathetic and i've tried speaking to a few people and no one seems to have an answer.

Do let me know if you have done anything or plan to do something in that regard.
Thank you so much. I have updated my thread and may have an answer to your question.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 2nd January 2020 at 13:27. Reason: Trimmed the post within quotes for better readability. Thanks.
sharan1988 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 23:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:

8K PARK PILOT:

I knew it was quite a lot of work for this DIY and it was a long overdue as the parts have been sitting for over 6 months. Lots of tutorial on teambhp and other forums so I won’t get into the DIY part. It took me two days to complete it. The parking sensors can be either manual turned on by pressing the button on the dash if your speed is below 10kmph or while reverse gear is engaged. My parking space is quite tight and this really helps me to navigate close around the parked scooters. I am pleasantly surprised on how accurate this works and doesn’t require me to guess anymore.
This is just crazy DIY. You are an inspiration. How did you managed to fit in the front sensors fit in so flush, it looks like a job done at the factory. kudos to you man
Old 11th January 2020, 01:04   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
This is just crazy DIY. You are an inspiration. How did you managed to fit in the front sensors fit in so flush, it looks like a job done at the factory. kudos to you man
Thank you for noticing. I practiced on card board before doing it to my bumper.
sharan1988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 09:58   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Some super mods there!
I am not a 100% sure of its figures as I have not dynoed it. Pete's claim that the output has increased to 135 BHP & 210 NM.
Old 18th January 2020, 10:25   #43
BHPian

Hey,
Love your car and the mods you've done on it.
How was your experience with Faisal Khan?
I did see his video on your car.
Hope you have some crazy fun miles ahead.
Cheers
Old 23rd February 2020, 16:18   #44
BHPian

Quick question on the LEDs. I understand for the lower beam you are using the Philips LED. What about the hight beam? You have the double barrel setup so you will need 1 more pair of H7 LEDs for the high beam if my understanding in right.
I am planning to source https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...1169582ce3TVIg these LEDs 2 pairs from AliExpress. Will this be a plug & play setup or will need this device called Canbus LED to make it work with the Vento TSI
Old 24th February 2020, 00:00   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Quick question on the LEDs. I understand for the lower beam you are using the Philips LED. What about the hight beam? You have the double barrel setup so you will need 1 more pair of H7 LEDs for the high beam if my understanding in right.
I am planning to source https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...1169582ce3TVIg these LEDs 2 pairs from AliExpress. Will this be a plug & play setup or will need this device called Canbus LED to make it work with the Vento TSI
I have been using regular halogens for the high beam. I am not very sure about the fitment of the product from the link you shared although from what I see you shouldn’t face any issues.
sharan1988 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed