Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2007, 17:57   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
@ B&T : Seriously man, what on earth were you thinking when modding the Sierra? What kind of a contraption is that? This is amongst the absolute worst I have ever seen.
It was a splendid 92 Sierra till I decided that I'd paint it and fix some corrosion in the flooring and roof. It was in original Silver paint till then (2005 Feb), very few dents and scratches. And since I was at it, I thought I might as well change the color of the car to black.

I went to this garage in Sion that is supposed to be reputed for their paint jobs. They're called Austin, run by a threesome of surds. Although I had never got any work done from them, I knew the chaps well for a long time, and they decided to do me favor by modding my car, for supposedly no extra charge. I thought, what the heck, it aint gonna cost me any extra, might as well do it. I was not a member of Team BHP at that time. Neither did I have people to rely on for some quality advice. The only modification house I knew was DC, and I knew that their budgets were way beyond what I was looking at here.

So they kept my car for 9 months (yes, 9), and this is what it turned out looking like. I spent about 45-50k at the garage, and extra for stuff like headlights, new bumpers, and new what-not, I cant remember. One look at it when it was ready, and I could see that I haed made nearly the worst mistake of my life. To add to my misery, the night I got the delivery of the car, I set out for Pune or someplace, and it turned out that even though the guys said they had checked everything properly, the car blew its engine gasket on the Mumbai Pune Expressway at 1 in the night in the middle of nowhere. The radiator had a leak, or some hose was not fitted properly, and the car overheated and pulverized the gasket. The temp gauge did not indicate that I was running hotter than normal, some said it's because the temp gauge will not operate correctly when steam builds up (???). The engine seized, it cost me another 30-40k odd to get that fixed after the car was towed into Mumbai early next morning.

I had once mentioned to iraghava what a piece of excrement my car looks like (I am not oblivious to that fact, it's just that i have spent too much money on it, and have no choice but to keep it), and he asked me to send him pics of it. And since I had no objection to the mockery that would most certainly follow, he posted it.
Old 1st February 2007, 18:03   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
the car blew its engine gasket on the Mumbai Pune Expressway at 1 in the night in the middle of nowhere. The radiator had a leak, or some hose was not fitted properly, and the car overheated and pulverized the gasket. The temp gauge did not indicate that I was running hotter than normal, some said it's because the temp gauge will not operate correctly when steam builds up (???). The engine seized, it cost me another 30-40k odd to get that fixed after the car was towed into Mumbai early next morning.
What are you complaining about? Sounds like a perfectly normal, showroom condition Tata car to me!
Old 1st February 2007, 18:10   #108
elf
BANNED

SEE!!! The nefario-mobile does not belong to me. HAH, to all you monkeys who thought it did.

All in all, kudos to Bass & Trouble for taking this like a sport. You are a true gentleman, my friend.
Old 1st February 2007, 18:32   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
All in all, kudos to Bass & Trouble for taking this like a sport. You are a true gentleman, my friend.

Thank you for allowing us this oppurtunity to laugh a little B&T (and you too Elf!!) You're a real sport & I really admire the way in which you've taken all the comments on thsi thread. May you get a really, really nice car after this so all the buggers demeaning your current ride can eat their own faeces
Old 1st February 2007, 18:40   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

Thank you for allowing us this oppurtunity to laugh a little B&T (and you too Elf!!) You're a real sport & I really admire the way in which you've taken all the comments on thsi thread.
x 3.

Old 1st February 2007, 18:51   #111
Senior - BHPian

see i said na it is looking not so bad.....also this car is going to be killer inside also....with nice ICE setup......with self made subs.........i remeber some where there was a thread.....

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ce-my-car.html

but B&T sir very good.......

@elf nice work......
Old 1st February 2007, 21:28   #112
BHPian

Quote:
So they kept my car for 9 months (yes, 9), and this is what it turned out looking like. I spent about 45-50k at the garage, and extra for stuff like headlights, new bumpers, and new what-not, I cant remember. One look at it when it was ready, and I could see that I haed made nearly the worst mistake of my life. To add to my misery, the night I got the delivery of the car, I set out for Pune or someplace, and it turned out that even though the guys said they had checked everything properly, the car blew its engine gasket on the Mumbai Pune Expressway at 1 in the night in the middle of nowhere. The radiator had a leak, or some hose was not fitted properly, and the car overheated and pulverized the gasket. The temp gauge did not indicate that I was running hotter than normal, some said it's because the temp gauge will not operate correctly when steam builds up (???). The engine seized, it cost me another 30-40k odd to get that fixed after the car was towed into Mumbai early next morning.
looks like you've got the trouble now where's the bass???

been playing like a real sport all this while bro...... appreciate it.
Old 1st February 2007, 21:40   #113
BANNED

I knew it the moment I saw it!! (check my first post in the beginning of this thread.

B&T!!! Would like to have a ride in it when I come to Bombay. Would like to know the ICE part of the car.
Thanks for taking our stupid comments on you and your car on a light and sporty note.
Old 1st February 2007, 22:42   #114
BHPian

Accept my symapthies B&T.....lolzzz
Old 2nd February 2007, 00:43   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went to this garage in Sion that is supposed to be reputed for their paint jobs.
Are you sure one of the three Surds were not Ikjyot or Daler ?

Looks like a Jyot Design Creation, just needs some Leopard skin seats
Old 2nd February 2007, 01:10   #116
Senior - BHPian

My deepest sympathies and condolences, B&T.

And you're a great sport - the greatest on the forum anyway!
Old 2nd February 2007, 01:37   #117
BHPian

Quote:
I went to this garage in Sion that is supposed to be reputed for their paint jobs.
Yes they are known for their paint jobs, but their mods are YUCK!!! Stay away from them for anything apart from paint jobs. They had almost set my Esteem on fire some years back, trying to help me in an emergency breakdown.

Quote:
run by a threesome of surds.
There are four of them. The fourth one does the denting and mod jobs. I guess you still haven't met the person you would've wished to kill after seeing your car after the job.
Old 2nd February 2007, 01:39   #118
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
... And you're a great sport - the greatest on the forum anyway!
To be shared with Rtech for his spirit in the recently concluded Dandiya Escapades... The entire forum was lauging their collective rear ends off, along with most of everybody reading Autocar India.
Old 2nd February 2007, 01:43   #119
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
... There are four of them ...
So lemme get this straight - there are four sardars, each called Austin? A day ago there were three!

So by the time the Speedrun meet's over, there will be eighteen sardars, all called Austin, running around the city wreaking havoc on innocent Tata Sierras?

Oi Jee! Tinker, tinker tinker...BANG! BANG! BANG!

Lo Jee, tussi Tatti Sara ready ho gaya si! Balle Balle!!!

Last edited by elf : 2nd February 2007 at 01:45.
Old 2nd February 2007, 01:53   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Oi Jee! Tinker, tinker tinker...BANG! BANG! BANG!

Lo Jee, tussi Tatti Sara ready ho gaya si! Balle Balle!!!
ROTFLMAO ... Good one elf..

Godfather
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks