Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2007, 02:11   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Oi Jee! Tinker, tinker tinker...BANG! BANG! BANG!

Lo Jee, tussi Tatti Sara ready ho gaya si! Balle Balle!!!

APMSL Elf lagta hai tu hamein maar ke hi chorega!!
Old 2nd February 2007, 02:15   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
So lemme get this straight - there are four sardars, each called Austin? A day ago there were three!

So by the time the Speedrun meet's over, there will be eighteen sardars, all called Austin, running around the city wreaking havoc on innocent Tata Sierras?

Oi Jee! Tinker, tinker tinker...BANG! BANG! BANG!

Lo Jee, tussi Tatti Sara ready ho gaya si! Balle Balle!!!
That was Hillarious Dude

So it's Ikjyot "Austin" Singh, Daler "Austin" Mehndi, maybe Mika too is hiding somewhere in the garage waiting to pounce one some kudi he wants to smooch next.
Old 2nd February 2007, 10:50   #123
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I went to this garage in Sion that is supposed to be reputed for their paint jobs. They're called Austin, run by a threesome of surds.
Of course I know the Austin guys! They are pretty well-known for their body and paint work. I had actually taken the Esteem to them after my sister had crashed it. Am I glad that I eventually got it repaired at Vitesse!

I agree B&T.....you are a true sport.

P.S. : A suggestion, why dont you sell this to some wannabe for a premium? There are lots of nouveau riche guys that would love "something different". All it would require is some good marketing talk.
Old 2nd February 2007, 11:09   #124
Senior - BHPian

Youve been a great sport B&T. It really breaks my heart to see something on a Sierra like this. If only you could get it back to stock shape.

Anyways cheers from one Sierra owner to the other
Old 2nd February 2007, 11:09   #125
BHPian

Seems like owner wanted something like an Endeavour, but the modification guy could only help it looking like an Sumo. But something new on old Sierra is always refreshing.
Old 2nd February 2007, 12:05   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I knew it the moment I saw it!! (check my first post in the beginning of this thread..
So did I Zak only becuase I have been to the location but I prefer to keep my BIG mouth shut. Did not want to embarrass the owner. I was secretly hoping the thread would die naturally and thankfully B&T took it well. He is a good sport.
Old 2nd February 2007, 12:33   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
P.S. : A suggestion, why dont you sell this to some wannabe for a premium? There are lots of nouveau riche guys that would love "something different". All it would require is some good marketing talk.
.. and pray that he never becomes a TBhpian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye
There are four of them. The fourth one does the denting and mod jobs. I guess you still haven't met the person you would've wished to kill after seeing your car after the job.
Oh sorry, Captain Pierce! Yeah, there are 4 of them. And you are very right, the fourth one IS the guy I would most prefer to forget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
I knew it the moment I saw it!! (check my first post in the beginning of this thread.
Sigh, your confidence worries me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
B&T!!! Would like to have a ride in it when I come to Bombay.
The car has insurance. And you?

Thank you all for your sympathies, now if you guys had to recommend some reversals, what would it be? Trust me, the amount of money blown on this car by me is sickening, and I'd really want to look at some cost effective measures.

I know the guy who owns Car Modernize well, and was thinking of taking an opinion from him (Well, I already have an opinion. We had to resuscitate him the first time he saw my car). But I really dont know whether I would be able to afford his treatments. The other option is to try and get a scrap Sierra shell and strap it on. After that, there's a ton of engine/ mechanical work to do. Was considering Shaman's workshop for that part. Anyone know some other garage where genuine work can be done?
Old 2nd February 2007, 12:56   #128
Senior - BHPian

hahaha.....this was the MOST hilarious thread i could ever read!!
Old 2nd February 2007, 13:04   #129
elf
BANNED

And now, for the Final Solution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
... The other option is to try and get a scrap Sierra shell and strap it on. After that, there's a ton of engine/ mechanical work to do. Was considering Shaman's workshop for that part. Anyone know some other garage where genuine work can be done?
You can go to the garage I've been going to for the past 12 years. Definitely more reasonable than Carmodernize, especially if you simply want to restore it to original.

Name & Address:
Frank Auto Works,
Gazdar Bandh Road, Juhu.
Tel No, 2660 3320
Ask for Raymond or Mr. D'Souza (manager), & tell them you're a friend of mine & that I sent you. Also, call them first for directions & an appointment. I'll even come with you if I'm free & if you like.

They're great with mechanical & body work.
Old 2nd February 2007, 13:10   #130
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Forget restoration. It would be a much better (and cheaper) for you to sell a 1992 Sierra which is anyways near the end of its life.

And buy a late 90's Sierra Turbo!
Old 2nd February 2007, 14:18   #131
Senior - BHPian

Good on you B & T. There's a real sport.

Quote:
Forget restoration. It would be a much better (and cheaper) for you to sell a 1992 Sierra which is anyways near the end of its life.

And buy a late 90's Sierra Turbo!
It is worth trying to sell it to someone who appreciates real art & knows its true value. Seriously, instead of trying to reverse it, try to sell it for a decent price & think of another car. Either way, it is going to hurt you. It will hurt even more if you reclaim your old sierra & realise that it is now worth 2 lakhs (all your expenses on it), but will sell for only 50K.
Old 2nd February 2007, 14:29   #132
Team-BHP Support

Last time i checked, the live feed on the video was still coming in.....!!

Meanwhile, cheers to B & T for taking all the abuses hurled in good humour, and Elf for literally setting this thread ablaze with that video..

Maybe the thread needs to have an A rating?
Old 2nd February 2007, 14:29   #133
Senior - BHPian

B&T:
Jokes Apart, this vehicle does not look that impossible to make it look normal again, you don't need to change the headlamps, all you need to get rid of is that front Bumper and the front grill. Once fitted with a well painted sotck bumper and a well designed mesh grill it can look much better, the sides don't look lousy, so you can keep it the way it is.
I would have helped you out to get it done at the cheapest rates if you were in Bangy, but Mumbai I don't have any Idea abt body shops.

You can ask SRK or some of the Photoshop guys to work on a Mesh Front Grill Design, if this Car was modded on the stock grill fitting then I would have organised a Grill from Bangalore but does not look like it will fit on the car after making it here.

All the best!
Old 2nd February 2007, 15:50   #134
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for the valued suggestions and sympathies

elf, I still hurt from the laughing. All the pain and misery I had from my car was taken away in that one glance I cast on your creation.
Old 2nd February 2007, 20:51   #135
elf
BANNED

Hey guys, although much appreciated, thanks are not necessary.

I just live to see a smile on your pretty face...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed