Team-BHP - White paint for Zen
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   White paint for Zen (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/20917-white-paint-zen.html)

Hey pals,

i have a 2006 white zen. couple of days back i had parked it on the road side and went into a hospital. when i came back, to my astonishment, the rear bumper on the right hand side of the car was broken and bent. i could see the burnt tyre mark close to the car which told me that some idiot had banged his bike into my car.

the end of the bumper on right side, where it is fitted to body has completely come off (though not dangling). i forced back the rear part back to the chassis and it stops it from falling down.

now the question is,

1 - how much do you think will cost me to fix it? cos the 3rd service is due in March (i will not surely wait till march since the car has done already 9400 odd.)

2 - is there any issue related to the (non) availabilty of the same exact white color for zen? cos i remember, earlier when i had a scratch im my car, i took it to a workshop where that person told me that it's really hard to find an exact match for the stock white color on zen, so its better ti just touch it up with ordinary white paint.

3 - if there is no problem with the availability of color, which place in bangalore do you people suggest i take it to get it fixed and painted.

thanks in advance,
KK

iam sure you wont get the same exact colour...i had dent the entire rear passenger side door of my 1week old swift..and had specifically told them MS that i want it matched to the T..they said ya sir itezz aall computerized paint sirrrje...at a glance it does look matching..but if you do tend to inspect..the difference is very visible...
If possible just have a touch-up done..

Well my sugesstion would be to take the car to a maruti-suzuki owned workshop and there they can do it with perfection and if they still dont help u or satisfy ur terms, Just write a Mail to Maruti-Suzuki Japan..Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZENnist (Post 364018)
to my astonishment, the rear bumper on the right hand side of the car was broken and bent.

Did I read your car has a broken and bent bumper ...why is that you intend to paint it ?
Please confirm ZENnist. Ideally I wouldnt suggest you to re-paint a broken bumper rather get the same replaced.

hey there is no need of replacing the bumper...there is something called as fibre welding...we could do that..talk with your service people ..they will do it for you....i had done it before for my car when i had a major accidednt....

and it does does not incur much cost...and for painting you wil have to paint the entire bumper..touch up job will not do...

Hey pals,

thanks for all the suggestions. as most of you suggests, let me take it to Mandovi service center tomorrow and see what can be done.

and, rjstyles69 - when i say, its broken, its broken only from the part where it is bolted to the chassis, its not cracked into two.(lucky me).

hopefully i'll get it fixed without having to replace it.