Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2007, 23:31   #91
BHPian

This bike just simply rocks. I've been following this topic for a while and each time I can't wait for the next set of pics to be updated. We need a good video in the end Gordon. Complete with the new tail pipe !
Good job and good luck!!!
Old 27th April 2007, 19:53   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
The 3.5 Ceat tyres are no longer available. Could anyone suggest an alternate brand of wider tyres for the Enfield (Price, size and location). Thanks.
MRF is making a 110 19" tyre for the enfield now with block pattern. It doesn't look like the block design ceat tyres.

If you're wiling to reduce the rim size to 18" there's a MRF 4.25x18" tyre called the Nylogrip Moto-C. It has block pattern tread design it looks good and the grip is awesome. I dint have to do anything to the swingarm eventhough it's wider than the stock 3.5 tyres. If you're worried about the height reduction with the 18" tyre then don't worry, this is a high profile tyre and the overall wheel height is a bit larger than the stock enfield wheel. It cost me 1350 with tube. If you'd like i'll post pics.
Old 28th April 2007, 11:33   #93
Senior - BHPian

Update as on 28th April :

Work Completed.
  • Sharp edges of front and rear mudguard to be folded.
  • Brackets for taillight and registration plate.
  • Common holes for both brackets.
  • Metal plate for supporting registration plate.

Went to my metal worker for getting the stuff done. The guy's work is good.

The sharp edged mudguard:

Marking and cutting for folding the edge:

Cutting a part of the curved edge so that it can be bent easily.

Beating the edge. Halfway through:

Drilling common holes for the brackets:

Fitting the taillamp and plate:

Lying around before painting:
Old 28th April 2007, 11:39   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if u don't mind may I suggest a setup similar to the one that is to be seen on RD 350 standard bikes. The tail lamp assy. can be mounted better / smarter that way, Shd. look good. over to u
Thanks for the suggestion nfs250. The RD taillight bracket is too big and would be visible behind the tail lights. Also it would make the tail light stick out more behind. The brackets look ugly now since they're not painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze
This bike just simply rocks.
Thanks highwayblaze.

Quote:
MRF is making a 110 19" tyre for the enfield now with block pattern. It doesn't look like the block design ceat tyres.

If you're wiling to reduce the rim size to 18" there's a MRF 4.25x18" tyre called the Nylogrip Moto-C. It has block pattern tread design it looks good and the grip is awesome. I dint have to do anything to the swingarm eventhough it's wider than the stock 3.5 tyres. If you're worried about the height reduction with the 18" tyre then don't worry, this is a high profile tyre and the overall wheel height is a bit larger than the stock enfield wheel. It cost me 1350 with tube. If you'd like i'll post pics.
The 110-19 is not yet updated on their website. Can you post pics of it and your bike too. Thanks.
Old 30th April 2007, 14:31   #95
Senior - BHPian

These are the pics of the 4.25x18" MRF Moto-C tyres i'm using.

The diameter of the wheel is the same as that of a 3.5" tyres mounted on 19" rims. MRF might be doing a phased launch of the 110 19" tyres maybe that's the reason they didn't put it on their website yet.

Last edited by Sankar : 30th April 2007 at 14:46.
Old 5th May 2007, 05:45   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Update as on 28th April :

I have been following this thread for some time, the bike is shaping up real cool.. thanks gordon for this thread you are gr8

Lying around before painting:

this is different than what I thought it will be, I was expecting it to be a little closer to the mudgard. now there is empty space behind the taillight...

are you going to paint this in black? i think it will look good in black

keep us posted
Old 13th May 2007, 19:29   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
These are the pics of the 4.25x18" MRF Moto-C tyres i'm using.

[/url]

The diameter of the wheel is the same as that of a 3.5" tyres mounted on 19" rims. MRF might be doing a phased launch of the 110 19" tyres maybe that's the reason they didn't put it on their website yet.
Sankar,

Are these dual purpose tyres? How's the performance in the cityand wet pavement? What tyres do you have upfront? Might be going to Ladakh later this year and these tyres seem to be quite practical for the trip compared to the Michelin M45 4X18 I have on the rear of my 350

Thanks
Old 15th May 2007, 00:12   #98
BHPian

There is also a tyre called Moto-D by MRF. I have heard that these are very good for dual purpose use.
Old 15th May 2007, 11:37   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimali View Post
Sankar,

Are these dual purpose tyres? How's the performance in the cityand wet pavement? What tyres do you have upfront?

Thanks
Hi, the performance is satisfactory the grip levels are very good on the tarmac as well as on non paved suface. I decided to go for this tire because my daily commute is not 100% smooth tarmac. I have not tested it on the wet because i dint have the chance to test it on wet yet. I was using the Moto D series of tires on my RX before and that's why i decided to go for this Moto C for my bullet as the Moto D doesn't come in this size.

The front i'm using the normal ribbed tyre but will be changing to a 19" Dunlop block tread pattern soon to match the rear.
Old 1st June 2007, 12:22   #100
Senior - BHPian

Sankar, any idea if MRF is locally selling the MRF Meteor (19in) tyres in Mumbai.

Anyways as for the updates, the clubman-style handlebars are ready. They will be fitted for a week before they are finalised. Pics will be posted soon.
Old 1st June 2007, 17:48   #101
Senior - BHPian

Metoer 19" is available in Bangalore. I'm sorry i dont know the Mumbai availability.
Old 3rd June 2007, 18:41   #102
Senior - BHPian

Pic of the handlebar. These will be used for a week to check for the comfortability. Only after that it will be chrome-plated.

Old 8th June 2007, 14:08   #103
Senior - BHPian

The handlebar has been fitted. It looks good but has a few problems.
  • On full turn, the decompression switch touches the tank.
  • The reach is quite far and u-turn's are somewhat difficult. A lot of load comes on the wrist currently and its very uncomfortable in traffic. Navigation through traffic is also not very easy. The handlebar needs to be pulled back an inch or two and raised.

Old 8th June 2007, 15:04   #104
BHPian

Hey Gordon, looks neat.

By the very definition, Cafe Racers would have low handlebars with the riders stretched over the tank, zipping around streets. I doubt if any of those bars would clear the tank, even on the moden Cafe Racers like the Triumph Thruxton 900. Style more than ergonomics I guess was the prime motive of the cafe racers. But of course they would have customised rear sets which would change the riders seating position and put less weight on the handlebars. I had a set of cafe bars on my Enfield briefly with the same problems and it was very rough on the back too. On empty straights I would move my legs to the rear pegs to relieve some of the strain.

I'm sure you'll work out a solution given your track record.

Best
Dimali
Old 8th June 2007, 15:14   #105
BHPian

The Triumph thruxton

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks