Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2007, 21:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Ever given a thought on a cute little small yellow REVA..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
My mom has straightaway ruled out any variation of white/ grey/ black/ silver color. Maroon is a no-no although she may consider blood/passion Red - she's more like "I want a yellow automatic small car". Unfortunately the Swift and Getz don't come in either AT or Yellow; and the Santro which does come in both is too small.
Old 2nd February 2007, 22:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Try a NHC cvt. it comes in a gold which is almost yellow and not a ''big'' car to drive
Old 2nd February 2007, 22:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Try a NHC cvt. it comes in a gold which is almost yellow and not a ''big'' car to drive
dude she doesn't have a fetish for yellow .. she just wants a different color

Also, mom's a very good driver perfectly capable of driving "big" cars .. but we NEED a small car for the odd-job here and there.

Anyhow update is that we saw the Getz today and although she loved it .. she ruled out the Lavender color. her logic is that she wouldn't be able to see that color every day for 5 years .. (we usually keep or cars atleast that long) .. maybe for a year or so after which the charm would wear ..

Anyhow, now considering either the Red or the Sky bluish color ..
Old 2nd February 2007, 22:40   #19
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Manveeteh!! How did aunty find the getz from the driver seat POV?
Old 2nd February 2007, 22:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Umm, No.

"NO. I'M NOT GAY" will not go very well with "YESSS! I LOVE YOU GUNBIR". I vividly remember Manveet saying that.
don't feel so bad .. i love you too .. esp. after you braved the delhi winters just so that i could get a glimpse of your chiselled body in that flimsy t-shirt
Old 2nd February 2007, 22:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Manveeteh!! How did aunty find the getz from the driver seat POV?
she's not very fussy yaar .. she's like all are the same from inside ..
"just make sure it has power steering and a decent FM player" is what she said ..
Old 2nd February 2007, 23:07   #22
aZa
Senior - BHPian

LOL!!!

Chalo now the Lavender color is out
Old 2nd February 2007, 23:22   #23
Team-BHP Support

The wagonR looks real nice and well maintained for a seven year old car...

Hey... Why are you not considering the Swift??? IMO, its much better than Getz, if you dont need loads of legroom at the rear...
Old 2nd February 2007, 23:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hey... Why are you not considering the Swift??? IMO, its much better than Getz, if you dont need loads of legroom at the rear...
Well, both cars have their pros and cons overall balancing the equation .. but the issue is that everyone seems to be buying the Swift aajkal .. that's a negative IMHO ..

plus the Getz seems a bit more refined and classy whereas the Swift is more brutish .. maybe a plus for me but not Mom I think.
Old 3rd February 2007, 00:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Ok Manveet here's a genuine idea. Buy the Getz & get a good discount, let aunty drive around for a year or so. Then take the car to Pandit & have it painted in Yellow/Orange/Pink/Lime Green or whatever colour she wants! She'll be happy & the job will be absolute top-class too!
Old 3rd February 2007, 01:07   #26
BHPian

Hyundai Santro automatic seems to be the best option. I find the Santro the best car to drive around in the city and your mom will also love it. You can have the automatic, which I think comes fully loaded and spend the cash saved on other accessories. Getz is in a segment above but then you compromise on the automatic. Also, the automatic Santro's average will be quite decent, I believe the best among automatics. For ease of city driving, nothing to beat the Santro. For more space and a bigger engine (which I think definitely tempts us), Getz is not a bad option, considering that there is very little difference in the price of automatic Santro and the base Getz model.
Old 3rd February 2007, 08:59   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Hyundai Santro automatic seems to be the best option. I find the Santro the best car to drive around in the city and your mom will also love it. You can have the automatic, which I think comes fully loaded and spend the cash saved on other accessories. Getz is in a segment above but then you compromise on the automatic. Also, the automatic Santro's average will be quite decent, I believe the best among automatics. For ease of city driving, nothing to beat the Santro. For more space and a bigger engine (which I think definitely tempts us), Getz is not a bad option, considering that there is very little difference in the price of automatic Santro and the base Getz model.
They are upgrading from wagonR...

So... I dont think upgrading to a Santro makes sense... He has specifically mentioned that Santro is ruled out as its too small...
Old 3rd February 2007, 09:22   #28
Team-BHP Support

Manveet is the chevy SRV out of budget. It's better than the getz for sure and it has that interesting blue colour.
Old 3rd February 2007, 10:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

The U-VA too comes in nice colours, doesn't it ?
Old 3rd February 2007, 10:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
Manveet is the chevy SRV out of budget. It's better than the getz for sure and it has that interesting blue colour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
The U-VA too comes in nice colours, doesn't it ?
Somehow the Chevy's being offered in India don't appeal to me.

I'm looking for a practical everyday easy to maintain car .. something that can stand the test of time. An SST solution - sasta sundar tikaooo.

In my opinion, cars like the U-Va, Aveo, SRV etc are more faddish - I doubt their A.S.S. and long-term reliability as well as resale value.

Plus, all the jazzy features are wasted as this being a third and smallest car in the family - I doubt if it will ever seat more than 2 people, and definately NEVER see the highway.

Most Viewed