Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2007, 11:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

I'm still saying Manveet buy the Getz, save the discount money & get it painted 2 years down the line into a nice, jazzy colour! That way after 2 years or so your mom would also be again happy with her "new"-again car!
Old 3rd February 2007, 11:06   #32
elf
BANNED

I think you'd do well to go with your original choice of the Getz. Just add wider tyres for enhanced grip, & you should be quite set.

In my opinion (although not driven), the UV-A would be seriously underpowered for it's class with the 1.1ish litre engine. The original 1.4 in it would've been another story, & if it came with a 1.6 then it would be in my garage!

I still like the thought of the Lavender colour for the ladies though... Can you post a pic - I couldn't find one on the Hyundai website or anywhere else on the web.
Old 3rd February 2007, 13:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
I think you'd do well to go with your original choice of the Getz. Just add wider tyres for enhanced grip, & you should be quite set.
I will be definitely moving my OHC tires - 195/50/15 Silverstone to the Getz and buying 205 Yoko AVS Sport for my OHC.

However, what I am contemplating between are the following 2 options .. as of now leaning towards option B simply because of the huge con in option A

(A)
Move the OHC golden rims and tires to a Blue Getz and buy new 16" rims and and 16" tires for my OHC.
Pros - One of my 15"ers were bent I get new 16"ers which look and handle better
Cons - I may not find any 16" rims that will be a better and more unique design than my existing OHC gold rims.

(B)
Move ONLY the tires to the Getz and buy new 15" rims for it. Simply buy new 205 15" Yokos for my existing Rims.
Pros - 15"ers are easier to maintain on the OHC.
Cons - I get stuck with the old look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
In my opinion (although not driven), the UV-A would be seriously underpowered for it's class with the 1.1ish litre engine. The original 1.4 in it would've been another story, & if it came with a 1.6 then it would be in my garage!
Point well taken - it's 1.2L and produces 76bhp against the Getz's 82bhp. Plus, seems to be heavier, don't know the figures though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
I still like the thought of the Lavender colour for the ladies though... Can you post a pic - I couldn't find one on the Hyundai website or anywhere else on the web.
Neither could I. And the lavender color doesnt even figure in the brochure. I forgot to click a pic the first time 'round and had thought I'd click one yesterday when I went with mom dad but it completely slipped my mind at that point in time
Old 3rd February 2007, 13:29   #34
elf
BANNED

@Manveet: Running 15" wheels on a Getz that shall be primarily for your Mom may not be such a good idea - the ride shall seriously suffer. I presume the wheels are originally at 13".

Also, you'll have a skateboard if you run 16" on your City. All in all, may be fine, if you're dragging / racing / driving at high speeds on billiard table smooth expressways most of the time, but do you really want the headaches of rattles & a bone stiffening ride every day? That's the same reason I went in for 205/55R15 on my car.

Go a max of 14" on your the Getz - your Mom may not thank you for it, but it would be better than being at the receiving end of her ensuing invectives if you go in for lower profile rubber & a tyre upsize x2 for her ride.

Last edited by elf : 3rd February 2007 at 13:34.
Old 3rd February 2007, 13:40   #35
Team-BHP Support

Elf is right the GVS has 13" and the GLS i think 14" or 13" itself. Anything more on that is overkill.

Even for your OHC 15" is itself pretty low.

Just put 14" and the yoko C.drive on the getz which sam has put on his verna. that should be comfy for your mum.
Old 3rd February 2007, 16:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Manveet: Running 15" wheels on a Getz that shall be primarily for your Mom may not be such a good idea - the ride shall seriously suffer. I presume the wheels are originally at 13".

Also, you'll have a skateboard if you run 16" on your City. All in all, may be fine, if you're dragging / racing / driving at high speeds on billiard table smooth expressways most of the time, but do you really want the headaches of rattles & a bone stiffening ride every day? That's the same reason I went in for 205/55R15 on my car.

Offtopic - Regarding OHC Tires

Ok. 16" idea dropped.

As of now, I'm quite comfortable with a 50 profile so will be going in for a 205/50/R15 Yoko AVS Sport for the OHC. Also, per calculations, a 50 profile is better than a 55 wrt the OHC.

Quote:
Go a max of 14" on your the Getz - your Mom may not thank you for it, but it would be better than being at the receiving end of her ensuing invectives if you go in for lower profile rubber & a tyre upsize x2 for her ride.

Regarding Getz Tires

(a)
The primary reason i'm going in for 15"ers on the Getz is that I can pass on my OHC Silverstones to the Getz and buy myself new Yoko's. Otherwise i'll end up wasting a lot of cash as won't get a decent resale for existing Tires.

(b)
Her driving is max 40 kms / week. She'll be fine with 195/50R15 as roads are not bad here in South delhi.

p.s. - reminds me that I can test drive Gunbir's Getz as he's running exactly the same profile and its pretty ok.

Other Update(s):

So we'll be paying for the car on Mon/Tue/Wed based on convenience - either a Red or Blue Getz depending on what Mum decides. (she hasn't seen the blue color yet). It will be the version one-up from the base therefore having central locking, power windows, and fabric door trims as standard.

The following Mods/upgrades shall take place in the first weekend following that.
  • Footwear - 15" New Rims coupled with my OHC Silverstone Tires
  • ICE - My OHC Pio HU and 5" front speakers
  • Autocop/other Security Locking
  • Gear-Lock
  • Garware scratchproof Sunfilm
To do List:
  • Have to decide on the spoiler though .. OE or after-market?
  • Have to read up articles on T-Bhp regarding checklists before picking up a new car/ on running in new cars etc. Anyone can point me to the good threads - that'll help.

Last edited by manveet : 3rd February 2007 at 16:30.
Old 3rd February 2007, 16:36   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
  • Have to read up articles on T-Bhp regarding checklists before picking up a new car/ on running in new cars etc. Anyone can point me to the good threads - that'll help.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-kulkarni.html

Is a good thread... Hope this helps...
Old 4th February 2007, 15:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
p.s. - reminds me that I can test drive Gunbir's Getz as he's running exactly the same profile and its pretty ok.
Hahahahahahhhhhhaaa... Now thats the funniest thing I have EVER heard anywhere. Sorry man, thats not gonna happen, there are just too many Vikrams around

Last edited by gunbir : 4th February 2007 at 15:45.
Old 5th February 2007, 01:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

Update.

The production of blue stopped a while back and personally, I don't like the passion Red on the Getz.

I'll be giving a call to all Getz dealers in NCR tomorrow and find out which colors are available which each of them so that I can make a choice.

Also, is there anything like 2006 Getz or 2007 Getz or will all of them be 2007?

Is there any thread on T-Bhp that talks about how to select an appropriate dealer from whom to buy the car? - Is a small dealer better or a bigger one .. or is it irrelevant?

Cause some dealers are giving 15K discount and some 5k discount and some none at all .. what's the catch?
Old 5th February 2007, 01:32   #40
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Hahahahahahhhhhhaaa... Now thats the funniest thing I have EVER heard anywhere. Sorry man, thats not gonna happen, there are just too many Vikrams around

Hilarious gunnu !!!!

Manveeteh : By 2006 or 2007 Getz, it refers to the year of manufacture of the car. Car manufactured in 2006 will be sold at a bigger discount as dealers have to clear their stock. i think this is what manik was referring too also.
Old 5th February 2007, 01:39   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Car manufactured in 2006 will be sold at a bigger discount as dealers have to clear their stock.
But the RC will say 2007 anyways, right?
Old 5th February 2007, 01:56   #42
aZa
Senior - BHPian

yeah registration date on RC will be 2007! Manufacturing date will be under the hood
Old 5th February 2007, 03:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

If you want a good deal I could talk to a friend who happens to be the GM (sales) at a Hyundai dealership. Call me if you're interested.
Old 6th February 2007, 14:27   #44
Senior - BHPian

Dealership Updates

Ok, the situtation is bad.

VERY limited colors are available ..

Although they are still on the brochure, the following colors were stopped way back -
  • Electric Blue (sky blue)
  • Scarlet Sage (Maroon)
  • Aqua Tint
The colors available easily, none of which I want are
  • silver
  • real earth
  • grey
  • white (Mom doesn't want, I may consider)
Color not in stock in most Dealers - 10 day waiting atleast -
  • Passion Red (Yes-want)
  • Black (Don't want)
  • Dark Blue (Don't want)
Now, the Lavender which I was talking about is actually called Gaguin Red or something like that but the only issue is that it was introduced by Hyundai on a very limited basis and the last car in that color probably rolled out in Dec '06 - It's still available with 1-2 dealers.

I am getting atleast a 25k discount on '06 manufactured cars. Should they be considered?

I'm not particularly excited about the discount if it has even marginal negative repercussions. What do you guys say?
Old 6th February 2007, 15:27   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am getting atleast a 25k discount on '06 manufactured cars. Should they be considered?
New getz will be launched real soon...

So... Resale value of current models will fall soon, no matter be it 2006 manufactured or 2007 manufactured... Also, many will only look at RC book, to check the year of the model...

I feel you should take the discount...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks