Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2007, 23:30   #76
Senior - BHPian

First major mod on Sunday.

So the cars done ONLY 140 kms as of now. Moms goings out of town next week so i'll be using it for about 10 days or so - if I leave it upto her the car will do 1000 kms like in a year or so !!

There is NO WAY i'm going to ride a car (that too pink) on stock 13" rims - therefore the car is going in for its first Mod on Sunday - a sweet set of 15" alloys.

They were bought today - it was a call between the following 2 designs ..

Finally, I decided on the ones seen in the first pic .. bottomline is I believe one should always go for something that "clicks" when you see them the first time. I mean i've been to showrooms where i've stared at rims but nothing happens and then there are other time times you walk in and are like - "ok, thats me".

Anyways, I updated my OHC tires to 205/50/15 Yoko ES100's. On Sunday the Getz will don a pair of Silverstone 195/50/15 tires with the rims seen in the first pic.

Till then.
Old 23rd February 2007, 13:08   #77
elf
BANNED

Sounds great. And I agree with your choice of alloys.
Old 23rd February 2007, 13:13   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Sounds great. And I agree with your choice of alloys.
those 'clicked' for me as soon as the picture loaded!

Realy like the 'gun metal' finish, I think it'll look great with the colour of the car.

Suhail
Old 23rd February 2007, 13:34   #79
BHPian

manveet,congrats on the buy of a new car, excellent choice of the color, very feminine, the choice of the mag is good, but dont you think its a bit macho looking for a pink or lavender color car, just my opinion mate,i would prefer the 2nd one ....
Old 23rd February 2007, 13:56   #80
Team-BHP Support

Nice choice of alloy wheels. I would like to see the final outcome of the alloy wheel+lavender car combi. Good luck with the upgrade buddy and hope that you have considered the PCD of the alloys before planning the upgrade.
Old 23rd February 2007, 14:45   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
manveet,congrats on the buy of a new car, excellent choice of the color, very feminine, the choice of the mag is good, but dont you think its a bit macho looking for a pink or lavender color car, just my opinion mate
I like your taste buddy - right from your early posts on the Baleno - now i'm more convinced than ever that we think alike.

The thing is that I deliberately picked the alloys because of their masculinity.

I mean you must have heard that too much of a good thing is not a good thing. I wanted the car to get this slight "attitude" to it - therefore the low-profile 15"ers in the first place. I had an image of what I wanted the car to look like and these alloys just seemed to gel so well with it - maybe when its done and you see the pics you'll get the drift

Anyhow, thank you desigNation, moralfibre, elf and swale84 on the feedback. I appreciate.

And now that the emotional part is over, following part contains the Technical update ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation
i would prefer the 2nd one ....
I didn't mention it earlier as I thought nobody would be interested, but a major drawback in the second alloy (in my opinion) was that the width was 7" as compared to the 6.5" in the first alloy.

This is important as my 195'ers were initially fitted on my OHC rims which were 6.5" and they were just about fine. I like the sidewall of the tire to protrude outside the edge of the rim .. this kind of protects the rim from getting damaged in case of Kerbing. Had I gone for a 7" width, the rim would protrude slightly more than the sidewall.

whew. long post this.

Anyways, since we're on the subject .. I'll be putting a very-light-grey sun-film too apart from changing the no. plate .. and I think that will be all for the time being.

In about 2 months it'll get a chota steering-wheel too .. although my mum doesn't want me to spend a penny on the car .. I know she so wants one ever since she drove my OHC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
and hope that you have considered the PCD of the alloys before planning the upgrade.
ouch .. forgot to do that .. but they did say it'd go on the Getz .. waise bhi Driven was with me and the dealer was a cool chap .. i'm sure it'll work out.

Regards
Old 23rd February 2007, 14:50   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
ouch .. forgot to do that .. but they did say it'd go on the Getz .. waise bhi Driven was with me and the dealer was a cool chap .. i'm sure it'll work out.
Regards
Still ensure that you get the right PCD. Or confirm with Driven if he is aware of the PCD of the rims in picture. I was ignorant of this factor while shopping for alloys to fit on my zen and I had to carry the hassles until I sold the car.
Old 23rd February 2007, 14:51   #83
Senior - BHPian

Thank You Driven

A special thanks to Driven who helped me choose the alloys.

He definitely liked the second one more and a particular 3rd one which is not in the pic .. or was it this only .. i'm not sure .. Anyways, he was kind enough to give me moral support in my choice and avoid confusion

Regards comma comma
Manveet comma comma

Old 23rd February 2007, 14:56   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Still ensure that you get the right PCD. Or confirm with Driven if he is aware of the PCD of the rims in picture. I was ignorant of this factor while shopping for alloys to fit on my zen and I had to carry the hassles until I sold the car.
You misunderstood. By "it'll work out" I meant i'll get it changed in case it isn't a direct fit.
Old 23rd February 2007, 15:03   #85
BHPian

manveet,true there,our tastes are similar,now that you explained about mags, i think you should go with the 1 you decided,hey what about tints?would suggest you go for very light tints[if by any chance you using it]too dark tints would make it look,hmmm whats the word i am looking for errr, bling bling??? something like that...just opinions, actually you dont need suggestions i know you would come up with something cool,and am sure you cars going to look great...
Old 23rd February 2007, 15:27   #86
elf
BANNED

How sweet to see members actually getting romantic with one another on the forum. Goes well with your new pinky image manmeet.

Just kidding. I'm jealous actually.

PS: What's that emblazoned on the side of the hyper-black alloy?
Old 23rd February 2007, 21:37   #87
SRK
Senior - BHPian

manveet..
Congrats for the car..
Loved the alloys..

By the way why are you going for light grey..though it wont look bad something darker would look good too..

You dont have a spoiler..It makes the car look bald..Can you get the OEM one...

Also I think this car can be turned into a head turner..The only reason would be its colour..1st of all since you said only 20s were sold in the area it sure is a limited one..

Think about it after having performance mods and wild graphics in chrome....
How about some Black Art leather interiors..A Loud ICE Setup..A really wicked body kit..

Ok..I know its your Moms ride..
Sorry I just got carried away seeing a beautiful car,,
Actually I really Liked it..
This is the 1st time I liked a Car in this Colour...
Old 23rd February 2007, 22:24   #88
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Awesome choice of RIMS manveeteh, even the second ones look very nice. They look kinda similar to the RIM gunnu has on his getz. I'd say put them on your OHC once and take a pic pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Driven,,,,,

Regards comma comma
Manveet comma comma

You kno wot he means with those comma comma comma,,,,,,,
Old 23rd February 2007, 23:29   #89
Senior - BHPian

yup nice choice of rims manveeteh.
or should i say killer,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 24th February 2007, 17:58   #90
Senior - BHPian

ICE update/queries

Tomorrow I shall also be moving a part of my OHC ICE onto the Getz.

HU: Pioneer DEH 5550 MP

Front Speakers: Pioneer TS-G1610R

Queries

• Is this setup OK for my mom? She just listens to the Radio and not too loud
  • Apparently the speakers are 6", is that correct and will they fit in the Getz front doors?
  • I'm also removing the Pioneer TS-20's from my OHC (as will be getting components) but I understand that they are too trebly, so will get rid of them in most likelihood and not use them on the Getz. Is that a correct decision?
  • I also have the stock OHC speakers lying with me - the ones that came on the real parcel shelf - but they were used for 5 years and are about 7 years old. Can't locate them right now - I think they were Clarion's. Can they be used? Do I need to use them or 2 speakers are enough?

Most Viewed