Team-BHP - Santro Xing XP 2004 My old ride wanting a new lease of life
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Santro Xing XP 2004 My old ride wanting a new lease of life (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/21084-santro-xing-xp-2004-my-old-ride-wanting-new-lease-life.html)

Hi Guys

Hears the story, today morning i was admiring my first baby the xing from my window and thought to myself, my marina is for utility purpose. The xing on the other hand is self driven, done 40k in 3 years, could do with some new rubber, new seat cover, upgrade of the ICE and new wheels too. So the options are 1. Sell it and get a getz or swift (but it will be still same as the crowd) 2. Modifing it and make it stand out.

Next I went through my finances and figured out i could put together about 75k spare cash to upgrade change my ride. I am tempted to modify as this being my first car with my own cash (not handed down from somenone) I would like to hold on to it. I need your advice on which way to go.

The car is stock till now and i would like to get your inputs.

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Thanks

you could get wheels and better tyres in aobut 30k. that is variable upon which brands you pick.
in aobut 20k you can get a k&n air filter, a free flow exhaust and iridium spark plugs. ( you havent mentioned performance mods but im suggesting these)
you could then spend aobut 20k on ice which will get you a decent system and the remaining 5k on seat covers.

How about splitting the money between new rims and a tyre upgrade, a performance air flter and a free flow exhaust and maybe a sub or somthing for your ICE

Just loving your car isn't enough indication.
What would make you happy?

Restoring the car back to factory spec? Like brand new? That would mean a nice interior, engine and exterior job.
Maybe speed and performance is your thing, but if it is not, just putting a fancy exhaust and air filter isn't going to do anything.

If I had 75K, this is what I'd do.

I'd use 10K and give my engine the best damn spa that was possible. You can refer to my Lancer birthday thread.

Then get the suspension checked, get someone to remove every sqyueak, clank and rattle in the car.
If the tyres were old, I'd get new tyres, maybe even alloy wheels.
If the paint is good, a good scrubdown, cleanup and wax job. Professional detailing.

After that I'd get new ICE for about 25,30K. Do that and your car's got a new life. If that's your thing.

Otherwise like some people suggested, mod up your car. First see what makes you happy.

Hey Guys
My first decision is to choose between Head & Heart / Buy something New or Modify the existing.
As for the Modifications I was planning on the following as per my priority
1. New Wheels and tyres (I need advice on the design and brands with possiable budget indications)
1. Free Flow (Where in Delhi and at what cost)
2. K&N Air filter
3. Minor Body Work with come colour combination Black n Red what say! (Photoshop Guys Help)
4. G sport Interiors
5. RPM Meter
6. Ice Upgrade (I have a Alpine casset with CD Changer / Speakers and Amp needed, thinking Comp Front only) I dont want anything on the rear parcel tray)
Thanks for the advices guys, pls keep them comming. I am open to all help / suggations

Ritayan :

1. Go in for a 13" RIMS with 165/65/13 profile tyres like Michelin energy XM1. RIMS would cost you anything from 8 to 15K for a set of four and XM1 are around 2300Rs per tyre.

2. Autopsyche or Viper performance or DRIVEN

3. Same as above also look at SIMOTA and rACTIVE filters.

4. Black and red ? well....

5. G-sport / ART leather = 1500Rs - 3500Rs.

6. RPM/TACHO you would need a tachometer with a 2 cylinder support as santro is DIS. check out sunpro.com

7. refer to ICE thread !!

8. DO show up at the meet ;) with ur UPgraded ride !!

Changing into alloys & new rubber alone would set you back by 30-35K. For the rest, like Sam said get a good suspension job done & get the engine spruced up & remove those irritating scratches & get the body detailed.

for the alloys you need to see which design you like the best.. as for the tyres if you want performance oriented tyres get bridgestone potenza g3s in 175/60 r13 or if you want comfort oriented tyres get turanza er60 in 165/65 r13

and if you want help for the colour scheme upload some higher res images so that some of us can work with them on photoshop.