Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2019, 20:17   #31
BANNED

Re: Terrible experience with Autobots, Gurgaon (headlight upgrade)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Is there a Maruti that comes with OE LED/HID? And can we fit that OE bulb onto the existing halogen projector assembly?
Check the YouTube video in the post - LINK

LED projector headlight assembly being fit in the older generation Ciaz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
3) replace your entire headlight assembly with the new Ciaz’s (OE LED projector)
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 21:26   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Most newer Maruti’s come with OE LED Projectors (the top variants). Baleno, New Ciaz, Scross, Ignis, Dzire etc. These are sealed units. They use LED chips inside them to provide the light. There are no bulbs inside.
Ah, smart folks, I guess the LED is expected to outlast the vehicle itself perhaps - So expensive option 3 is what you are suggesting, I think thats the safest route. Thanks Dr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Check the YouTube video in the post - LINK

LED projector headlight assembly being fit in the older generation Ciaz.
Thanks Anurag.

This is cool, a trip to JC road will sort this out then, I wasnt sure if the new one would fit the older vehicles .
Old 11th September 2019, 21:44   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for this thread.

During the course of trying my hand at alignment of the headlamps, I've come to notice 3 things -
  1. The left side OEM high beam doesn't align because the reflector and bulb housing is not properly mounted. Why? Because one of the
    screw mounts is broken. I'll have to figure out how to fix it now.
  2. The grooves in the alignment knobs have lost their screw heads, one of them has come lose due to internal breakage, and turning them throws the beams haywire!
  3. Thankfully, the leveling motors work but there is something wrong. When you have aligned the beams somehow and use the leveler switch at 4, the beams do go down but diverge a bit. Then when you bring it to 0, the beams do not align again properly. Maybe my eyes are playing with me. I'll have to keep on working on it I guess.

Terrible experience with Autobots, Gurgaon (headlight upgrade)-img_20190911_205249.jpg
Current alignment.

Terrible experience with Autobots, Gurgaon (headlight upgrade)-img_20190911_205756.jpg
Comparative study, upper one is what I had, lower is what I've been able to do.

How did I achieve this? I tried my luck with the alignment knobs and some jugaad by raising the right headlamp. Sorry I don't have a snap for it. Do the gurus accept this?

To me, this setup with Micro Fogs suffice. I've connected the high beam solenoids of Micro Fogs to low beam via the switch I had. Now Micro High beam will work with low beam of main lamp when the switch is flicked on. I still don't have any night output shots. Will upload when I have it.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 11th September 2019 at 22:01.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 23:24   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
How did I achieve this? I tried my luck with the alignment knobs and some jugaad by raising the right headlamp.
Better I'd say, at least the beams are almost flat and at the same level.

Is there any play in the bulbs after they are seated in the projector housing?
Old 12th September 2019, 06:05   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Better I'd say, at least the beams are almost flat and at the same level.
The beam cutoff is at exact level of the height of center of the projectors from the ground as measured. The beam doesn't go much up or down while moving close to wall or away from it except maybe a centimeter or so. There is some convergence in RHS when you move close to the wall. Still it doesn't have much difference.

Quote:
Is there any play in the bulbs after they are seated in the projector housing?
There's no play whatsoever in the bulbs.

While doing all the adjustments, I've understood many things about headlight throw pattern and how one can align them. So not worried even if the beams again go up or down. I hope the night throw is good enough to my liking. There is still some scope for improvement which hopefully I'll be able to do.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 12th September 2019 at 06:06.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 16:48   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
This all started with an itch to get the headlights upgraded with better illumination ones, basically a retrofit. My many drives are at night and the roads are poorly illuminated...
Hi...

I am new to the forum as a member although I have been reading the posts for many years, even before I returned back to India in 2019.

Out of India, I never required to do any modifications in the cars I owned.

But in India, while driving on state highways, national highways and sub-urban areas I did feel the requirement of modifying headlights of my VW Polo.

I read a lot of online feedback and experiences shared by various car owners and feel sad and frustrated that any of the outlets doing the job do not care to improve on quality front or negligence committed by the installers.

This topic I have been reading for more than 10 years and have ended up quite similar experience like our BHPian (Bone_Collector) for which I have written up my experience (on request of Xenon Planet partner, Mr. Rajat Verma) which I will share later with permission of the Admins.

After such experience I decided to re-do the whole job by myself and modify the original HL housing of my Polo with Real Laser 3 inch Bi-LED projector in low beam housing and Laser High Beam projector in the high beam housing. A glimpse is available on my profile image.

I will share my DIY steps, experience and final results in a proper formal write-up in coming time.

But it is pretty much evident that none of the shop keepers in our country cares about customer service/care along with quality results delivery.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by graaja : 10th July 2023 at 16:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks