Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2007, 12:56   #1
BHPian

Help me for Free Flow Exhaust System

Hi,
Frens I have a Maruti Gypsy MG410 1000cc 4geared the orignal japnese 1987model...Im Thinking of going on for a Free FloW Exhaust in order to increase performance...How much performance will i Gain(in %) ...Wat do u Suggest Guys...
Old 17th February 2007, 15:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

I thought you wanted to change the engine... what happened to that plan?

Decide first what you want to do with the Gypsy, if you spend money on the exhaust now it'll be a waste if you go for another engine.
Old 17th February 2007, 16:13   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I thought you wanted to change the engine... what happened to that plan?

Decide first what you want to do with the Gypsy, if you spend money on the exhaust now it'll be a waste if you go for another engine.
Some mechanic told me instead engine change go for Engine porting and free flow exhaust that would help...it would gve more power than a different engine(cos it could create other problems in transplant)...The stock engine is perfectly compatable to the whole machine...
Old 17th February 2007, 18:44   #4
elf
BANNED

Depending upon your budget, methinks a port, polish, head shave, free flow exhaust system & cold air induction should do the job for you.

There are many guys who do it in Bombay. You could PM or contact viper (Viper Performance India) if you like.
Old 20th February 2007, 09:51   #5
BHPian

i would suggest a free flow setup from viper performance india, got my free flow setup done from him for my santro
he is a team-bhp member, pm him for details
he can customise the free flow to suit your needs, got mine done for low and mid end torque and a very nice and mild exhaust note which opens up at around 3000 rpm
Old 22nd February 2007, 12:52   #6
BHPian

Have heard many -ve opinions on free flow exhaust... people saying that it doesn't improve power, total waste of money, etc etc. My mechanic confirmed the same.

Go for engine transplant or a turbo fitment, instead. Costs a lot more, but it works.
Old 22nd February 2007, 13:01   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amu1983 View Post
Have heard many -ve opinions on free flow exhaust... people saying that it doesn't improve power, total waste of money, etc etc. My mechanic confirmed the same.

Go for engine transplant or a turbo fitment, instead. Costs a lot more, but it works.
Hey,

Buddy no offense but I think you need to take the opinions of people who know and have used the same. Also what makes you think that a turbo setup is straight forward and works(in India without issues), not to mention costs an average of 15 times the amt of a free flow.

Viper
Old 22nd February 2007, 19:11   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amu1983 View Post

turbos cost over a lac and theres no saying how reliable an aftermarket one can be. it depends on who does it. but a free flow, porting polishing and a cold air intake kit will cost a lot less and give you gain in power.

if you think free flows dont work i think you havent read tbhp properly.
Old 23rd February 2007, 00:44   #9
BHPian

My dear friend, A free flow setup would change your power and if you

drive properly F.E as well, Been driving an alto with one for a Year now.

But get it done with someone who knows thier stuff... As fellow team

bhpians mentioned, PM viper.

Best of luck.
Old 23rd February 2007, 01:16   #10
BHPian

a free flow setup if done properly with tuned length header primaries can work wonders. ask aza, faithless_1984, ni**** who have driven my car with a custom made free flow by viper, the car leaves a stock santro far behind in a quarter mile drag. can provide you videos to prove the same, however as team-bhp doesnot promote illegal drag racing, you can contact me,aza or faithless via pm
Earlier I had a SS TRD end can with a 1.75" straight pipe with the stock exhaust manifold. This had actually caused a loss in drivability of the car and I also noticed a drop in mileage as the car had kept in high revs in order to accelerate as there was no power in the lower rev range
Old 24th February 2007, 16:58   #11
BHPian

Hmm... Observed many +ve reviews too. Now I have to get it.
Where do you recommend I should get it done in Pune?
How much would it cost (latest price) for my Zen MPFI ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks