Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2007, 12:42   #1
BHPian

Centre console for Zen

hey guys

need help on a couple of things

firstly where i can source a console for my Zen(in mumbai)..wat im thinking of is something between the dash and the gear

eg.(like a cup holder for Cds and any accessories)..ive seen cars like honda city ,lancer, palio already have it.

Also how much would it cost.

Secondly where can i get my buffing for my alloys done & how much will that cost

Lookig forward to your replies
Old 22nd February 2007, 18:11   #2
BANNED

new model zen the one with cat eyes not estilo ,is commin with center cup console from the factry itself..so u may get it in maruthi accesories...and what is buffing?????? can u explain it to me...u mean polishing ??
Old 23rd February 2007, 03:48   #3
BHPian

Buffing is usually done on rims and those chrome coated pieces. Its either a chrome(Silver), matt black or gold dust that are buffed over the alloys,door handles, front grill etc...
Old 23rd February 2007, 13:09   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by always_dui View Post

firstly where i can source a console for my Zen(in mumbai)..wat im thinking of is something between the dash and the gear

eg.(like a cup holder for Cds and any accessories)..ive seen cars like honda city ,lancer, palio already have it.

Also how much would it cost.
The centre console that came on the last model of the 'old' zen can be bought from any Maruti showroom/service station for 243 rupees+ taxes . The mounting bracket will cost another 15 - 20 rupees.

Fitting charges would depend on where you get it done from.

Got the same console for my Zen a year ago. It even includes a rexine shrouding for the gear lever, which fits directly over the existing rubber shroud!!!

Suhail
Old 23rd February 2007, 13:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
The centre console that came on the last model of the 'old' zen can be bought from any Maruti showroom/service station for 243 rupees+ taxes . The mounting bracket will cost another 15 - 20 rupees.

Fitting charges would depend on where you get it done from.

Got the same console for my Zen a year ago. It even includes a rexine shrouding for the gear lever, which fits directly over the existing rubber shroud!!!

Suhail

hey suhail...

can you post pics of the console....pelase

Rev
Old 24th February 2007, 01:37   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
hey suhail...

can you post pics of the console....pelase

Rev
Sorry, don't have a camera here with me in Pune.

However, next time you see the newest model 'old' zen (OMZ??), just peep in, I think all the models (atleast the higher spec ones) came with this console as standard....

Suhail
Old 24th February 2007, 01:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

the old model console for zen which you want to buy will cost you at the most for Rs.150 - 250/- (depensing on the plastic quality) it will have cup holder, HU mounting space and a little space of about 4inch x 3inch space for keeping stuff.you may get it from any car accessories shop
Old 6th April 2009, 19:28   #8
glenn

I know Im entering a very old thread was anyone of you able to procure the same and at what prices

Old 10th April 2009, 17:02   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn View Post
I know Im entering a very old thread was anyone of you able to procure the same and at what prices
Get the console of Alto fitted in Zen, simple!
Old 25th January 2010, 18:50   #10
BHPian

i disagree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Get the console of Alto fitted in Zen, simple!
im sorry, but i hate to disagree with you the console for the Alto comes only with cupholder, i rather find the one with the HU fitting just right.
Old 25th January 2010, 20:10   #11
A.R
BHPian

M800 ICE - HU console

Hello,

I have a '99 Nov model 4 speed M800. During one of the Headunit installations (cassette player) done a decade ago, the space for the headunit in the centre console was cut crudely & headunit fit in.

Now the HU has conked out & the centre console has an empty space.

1) I'm not sure if a new CD/MP3 player would fit in since the dimensions look different (I tried with a sony unit). Are the dimensions supposed to be different?

2) Can I get the centre console or the plastic for the HU replaced? So that later I can get a MP3 player installed or even better, leave it covered.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks, AR
Old 27th January 2010, 18:07   #12
BHPian

Could someone please post the picture of the centre console thats fitted on old zens, please do explain if any modifications need to be done for fitting the same.
Old 28th January 2010, 17:39   #13
A.R
BHPian

Folks, some help of my above query will be most appreciated....
Old 9th February 2010, 00:16   #14
BHPian

Hi

I was looking for this spare and ordered at maruti spare shop on magadi road ( near to prasanna theatre), they promised to source the spare in 10 days , iam still waiting for the spare to arrive as this seems to be not available around locally. will try to post the pics once i get it.

Last edited by challa : 9th February 2010 at 00:18.
Old 9th February 2010, 20:42   #15
BHPian

Hi guys,

Please visit Zen modification thread where I have posted my car pics which has a custome made center console, recently made in mumbai.

I will be posting the complete costing details by this saturday. Hope it will help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks