Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2007, 17:33   #1
BHPian

Esteem Repairs at 85XXX kms'

Hi friends,

My 2001 Esteem had gone for repairs required at 85XXXkms', the requirement was of clutch plate + pressure plate and brake needed some attention like the brake pads. but after giving the car for repairs at a local trust worthy guy i got the suspension work done also.total repair costed me about 13K.( dragged the clutch / brake for a 3~4 months time ) now i am happy finally, and car is as good as new. The repairs are as follows.

- Clutch Plate
- Pressure Plate
- Clutch Wire
- Gear Oil
- Brake pads ( all 4 wheels )
- Brake Oil Changed ( i got it done )
- Got the Drums Polished ( as they had lines on them )
- Got the Tie Rods / and some more rods changed.
- Changed Rubber Parts of Suspension and a bit more ( shockers all 4 were safe and working fine)
- Car Serviced
- Changed Engine Oil / Oil Filter
- Cleaned Air Fliter
- Changed Power Steering Fluid.
- Got fiber Welding done of rear bumper
Got Fog Lights + Changed Number Plate Style.
Had changed to tubeless tyres at 80XXX Kms'

Now will focus on some cosmetic changes like

** Sunroof ( automatic )
** Alloy Wheels
** K&N Fliters
** and some other modifications related to Performance but thats after some 4~6 months, (**after saving some money**).

any other suggestions are most welcome.

Tnx n Rgds
P4C
Old 27th February 2007, 20:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

A few questions for you here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by passion4cars View Post

- Brake pads ( all 4 wheels ) You mean Brake pads for the front & Brake shoes for the rear right?

- Got the Drums Polished ( as they had lines on them )You mean you got the Discs polished.

** Sunroof ( automatic ) IMHO this is an expensive & wasteful mod & is not really suited to our conditions. My personal advice would be to spend this money on improving the performance of your car.
Old 27th February 2007, 20:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

ya i have also heard that the sunroof usually gets leak due to inferior quality rubber used so i would advise to go for only websto only....but they are not cheap....will cost you approx 30k for a very basic model.....
Old 27th February 2007, 20:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Fully Automatic ones IIRC are around 75k I think!
Old 27th February 2007, 20:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

get your front axcel(if thats wht its called) checked..

Got a similar job for my esteem..but shes 96' done 74k..bil came over 30k
Old 28th February 2007, 22:25   #6
BHPian

Sunroof idea dropped............... ( TOTALLY ) cant save 75K for a FUNKY Sunroof....... and then will have to carry an UMBRELLA...... n sing " DIL CHATTA CHATA HAI ...... )"

Have got the car checked ...other parts are fine and will work out fine till yr or 2.....( in careful driven conditions)

Thanks for your suggestions everyone.

Tnx n Rgds
P4C
Old 1st March 2007, 04:44   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
A few questions for you here:- Got the Drums Polished ( as they had lines on them )You mean you got the Discs polished.
The brake shoes cause scratches/lines on the drums liners. I think he is referring to those lines.
It shouldn't happen if brake shoes are replaced in time and are always replaced with genuine spares.
Old 1st March 2007, 19:50   #8
elf
BANNED

Yep irags. Brake drums need polishing (& sometimes shaving) too. Old / worn out / poor quality liners are to blame.

And passion4cars, am glad to see people taking care of their rides. Like dingalingaling said, it's a good idea to have your front axle bearings checked, especially if you hear a clunk on acceleration or whilst taking a turn. Also, you can choose to get either the bearings replaced or the entire axle itself. Some may warn you against getting only the bearings replaced, but it's substantially cheaper to do so (about 2.5k or so, including parts & labour) & it generally lasts about 1.5 - 2 years if done properly. Mine was, & it lasted nearly 3 years.

Get a nice free flow exhaust installed when you can - it'll do wonders to your performance for not too much money (about 8.5 - 9.5k for an Esteem, I believe). I'm sure some Delhi members will be able to help you out on that front when you're ready.
Old 1st March 2007, 23:05   #9
BHPian

I am seriously thinking of putting a PUSH STARTER BUTTON in the dashboard ( more of show ) follow this link and advise of cost and who can do it in Delhi ( NCR )

Push Button Starter Install
Old 13th April 2007, 17:42   #10
BHPian

this is good info..

Hi all,
newbie here... well its t-bhp that got me thinkin into takin a seconds esteem and modifying it.. well i really wanted the info on what all was needed to be done when ur servicin a car which has done say 50k plus.
after the service .....
Actually i was thinkin of doing a paint job like those chrome colored-mettalics for the whole car..wud like to know who and how much it wud come to..
im thinkin of changin the seats.. and wanted to know how much for changing the apholstery on the doors and stuff..
fixin some good alloys.. well my eyes are on the apollo or wheels india wire tires.. not decided... lookin for opinions. somehwere in the 15K range
good ICE.. cos im seriously a music freak...
body kits and a spoiler
free flow exhaust with k&n filter..

shud i change the piston rings.. ?? one more thing if the esteem is a MPFI engine.. serious care shud be taken when doin the wiring.. cos it might affect the engine performnace right???
lookin out for ur opinion
Old 13th April 2007, 20:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends,

Now will focus on some cosmetic changes like

** Sunroof ( automatic )
** Alloy Wheels
** K&N Fliters
** and some other modifications related to Performance but thats after some 4~6 months, (**after saving some money**).

any other suggestions are most welcome.

Tnx n Rgds
P4C
Have you thought about a detailing job for your car ? If that seems to be a good idea then you might want to try out 3M car detailing. Believe me, I have given my 2003 Esteem this treatment a few times and its worth the money spent. The services include treatment for your exterior, rust protection for your door/window panels, tyre dressing and under chassis treatment. Also, your car gleams like new. Check my photo gallery for a sample pic.

By the way, did you go in for a MGP clutch plate or an imported one ? Am keen to know as I would also need to go through the stage that you have been through and I want to know if there are any good imported clutch plates available for the esteem. In my earlier M800 I replaced the original clutch (which was awful) with an imported one called "Asco" and found a world of difference.

Last edited by rr_zen : 13th April 2007 at 20:31.
Old 14th April 2007, 00:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends,

My 2001 Esteem had gone for repairs required at 85XXXkms', the requirement was of clutch plate + pressure plate and brake needed some attention like the brake pads. but after giving the car for repairs at a local trust worthy guy i got the suspension work done also.total repair costed me about 13K.

That shows the true value of a great car. My car is also around the same kms & i recently spent 15 k for the suspension & steering works & it is back to being as good as new. congrats passion4cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks