Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2007, 15:43   #1
BHPian

Difference between Underslung and floor Mounted Pedals?

Hi Guys,
I would like to install the Floor Mounted Pedal Box for my Zen cause it looks nice BUT someone recommended not to do so as it is only meant for racing and in City Traffic it will be hell driving.
Therefore anyone can throw any light as what are the Pro and Cons of each Box.

Thanking you,
Mumbaiya

FLOOR MOUNTED PEDAL BOX

UNDERSLUNG PEDAL BOX
Old 1st March 2007, 17:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

From the looks of the floor mounted one, I think its harder to get a stray, rolling empty beer bottle under one of its pedals. That sure is an advantage.
Old 1st March 2007, 22:59   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
From the looks of the floor mounted one, I think its harder to get a stray, rolling empty beer bottle under one of its pedals. That sure is an advantage.

Seriously though, can you change the entire pedal box for a car, especially converting from floor mounted to underslung or vice versa??
Old 1st March 2007, 23:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
buddy you are getting .

i think his is a genuine querry, i never thought about it, but allways felt UNDERSLUNG PEDALS in my indica are a pain in my legs.

can any one having an idea about it.
Old 1st March 2007, 23:58   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post

Seriously though, can you change the entire pedal box for a car, especially converting from floor mounted to underslung or vice versa??
Well I think its just a minor mod. I went through the Company's Installation Guide and there was hardly to it other than screwing it to the floor and attaching the linkages.
Old 2nd March 2007, 12:11   #6
BANNED

Have you calculated the floor area?? It is possible that it can cause some traffic blocks there. Free moving of pedals are very much essential and so, the reason to ask!!

I think if it fits with ample space to move, then it will look great!! And also, has lot of benefits as B&T explained earlier.
Old 2nd March 2007, 12:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT : That is why they do not allow drinking while racing.

The floor mounted ones look like they are meant for cars with very low slung seats & certainly wont suit the indicas, santros & wagonrs. you really ought to be stretching your legs fully to use them comfortably.
Old 2nd March 2007, 13:34   #8
BHPian

But i think floor mounted one will be good for normal city driving and highway driving but the underslung one will be pain in these conditions but it will be good for looks only and very less Comfort.....Good for rallies though......
Old 3rd March 2007, 00:41   #9
BHPian

Quote:
But i think floor mounted one will be good for normal city driving and highway driving but the underslung one will be pain in these conditions
you sure you ve not got this wrong ?? unless your in a really low car floor mounted pedals are a pain

correct me if i am wrong the fiat had pedals stickin out from the floor??
if not all al least mine did and it is painfull
Old 3rd March 2007, 08:23   #10
BHPian

Hello! Ya, well the laura has it half. I mean the brake underslung and the accel floor mounted. Even the fiat had it yeah, and also the omni. Wasnt suited in omni. But i agree that would be good for low seats. But still i do like that! I hope someone finds it here, i mean to fit on our cars.
Old 3rd March 2007, 12:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Mumbaiya - I would advise you drive a Civic for an extended period since it has a floor-mounted Accelarator pedal and see whether you find it comfotable or not. IMHO in our city traffic the floor-mounted pedals could become quite a pain.

Most Viewed