Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2007, 14:02   #1
BHPian

Dark windscreen sunfilms - cops raid in NaviMumbai!!!!

hi all,

those living in NaviMumbai might have got to know about the new drive the cops are upto... catching up with those driving behind dark tinted front windscreens.

all those who had dark tinted screens on the front windscreen were ripped off the film / caught and fined / warned and let off based on that cop's mood and the darkness of the tint.

as i could see all this happen right from my window, and since i read about the raid this morning, i thought i would rather warn those in navimumbai that these lazy guys have woken up too.

unluckily, i did not see the commotion when i went to drop my kido at school and i was one of those warned and let off luckily cause my tints were not too dark. i even saw a hot n cute yellow palio's super dark film being ripped off.

there is a tolerance for the darkness, but these almost illiterate cops wont listen (moreover the sun is getting hotter these days ) this cop sat in my car and saw that it was quite OK, but still warned me to remove it soon.

so take care. am planning to shift over to llumar clear this weekend, just to avoid paying those pandus and for my safety too.

Last edited by gbpscars : 6th March 2007 at 14:06.
Old 6th March 2007, 14:06   #2
BHPian

Not dark but sunfilm to keep the things protected from sun.

What are the prescribed limits ? Is it same all over India or changes state to state
Old 6th March 2007, 14:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
What are the prescribed limits ? Is it same all over India or changes state to state

70% visibility front & back, 50% visibility in the sides.

I'd posted some links to the law and a couple of articles here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post385417
Old 6th March 2007, 14:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
70% visibility front & back, 50% visibility in the sides.

I'd posted some links to the law and a couple of articles here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post385417
@hydrashok: Thanks for responding.
Old 6th March 2007, 14:30   #5
BHPian

for all thos staying in navi mumbai, or using hte palm beach road, from yestarday these cops are on major overdrive to collect fines from whomsoever is having dark films, not wearing helmets, not wearing seat belts etc.

the reason being a lot of accidents are happening on palm beach nowadays so the bikers w//o helmets and drivers who drive w/o their seatbelts are the most caught.

yesterday morning there was a group of atleast 25 cops on the end of palm beach near vashi.

today it was nerul junction. everybody was rounded up.

Mansi
Old 6th March 2007, 20:20   #6
F50
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know, the papers mentioned that there is a 15-days period where people having dark tints should remove it or else the police have the rights to fine them. But 15? its not even 5 days yet.
Old 6th March 2007, 20:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

lazy cops have just woken up for no rime or reason...its just a matter of a month and everything will go "thanda" again...
Old 6th March 2007, 20:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
As far as I know, the papers mentioned that there is a 15-days period where people having dark tints should remove it or else the police have the rights to fine them. But 15? its not even 5 days yet.
Thats because your Pandus need to collect as much money through fines / bribes from you guys before the entire episode stops..exactly the same way things happen here in Bangalore..

Godfather
Old 6th March 2007, 21:35   #9
Team-BHP Support

As far as dark glasses are concerned, they're quite necessary in our country where it's hot and dusty. Cooling from the AC is aided and the upholstery dosen't fade. Yeah, smuggling stuff in a car may be possible, but, let's be honest, with the kind of rubbish nakabandis that we have, it's possible even in cars without dark glasses.
As far as our policemen are concerned, it's just another way for them to show their power over the citizens. They won't miss a single opportunity to penalise any well-earning car owner. Most cops themselves don't follow rules - seatbelts, helmets, etc. Ever seen those silly Beat Marshalls? They stop their vehicles in narrow lanes without caring to see if there's enough room for other motorists to pass and if anyone protests, he's threatened. The entire force has to be scrapped and reinvented with a modern set of rules. Enough of living in 1947!
Old 6th March 2007, 23:33   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post

Yes, I too read it in the newspaper on Saturday (3rd March) that 15 days prior notice is given to motorists reg tints & that 70% of visibility is required.
As soon as I finished reading the article I knew that these opportunists will start making money from Monday itself. This is because most of the drivers do not know the announcements made by the govt. or the law itself. Will the VIP cars be stopped & their films ripped off???
I dont think so. Sad but true.

If the darkness of the tints/sun control films is within the limits of law, no one can challenge you. Surely not a constable with a naked eye can judge that.....as in most cases.

Last edited by autozealot : 6th March 2007 at 23:36.
Old 6th March 2007, 23:43   #11
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Thats because your Pandus need to collect as much money through fines / bribes from you guys before the entire episode stops..exactly the same way things happen here in Bangalore..

Godfather
Yes!! They will be late on crime scene and before time in wasooli
Old 6th March 2007, 23:57   #12
BHPian

Well its only us Dark Film users to blame, If in the first place you know that a certain type of film is allowed, Why do you go for darker shades altogether, I've been driving in Delhi Heat ( Which No Place can match, except maybe Thar Desert) for 6 years without a film..! Beats me Is it only for the Cooling or Show..!

If you really need a sunfilm get a good grade which falls under legal norms..! The only drawback on this fourum is that All of us are aware of Legal limits and Talk Road Safety but on the other hand most of us flout norms with Dark Tints, Strobes, Engine Mods, 100 Wattage Bulbs..! :(
Old 7th March 2007, 00:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Well you guys keep forgetting one thing - It's March & the cops also have to account for the year-end for higher returns. Hence, the random checks
Old 7th March 2007, 00:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well you guys keep forgetting one thing - It's March & the cops also have to account for the year-end for higher returns. Hence, the random checks
I totally agree. Same here... too many police interceptors and stopping every third car for checking at stuff at sec 17 today...

BTW what if someone have a permission for Black Tints ? Will they get fined ?
Old 7th March 2007, 11:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
BTW what if someone have a permission for Black Tints ? Will they get fined ?
No if you have the permission from the RTO for dark tints then they cannot fine you.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks