Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2020, 20:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune: Good place for a leather-wrap on the steering?

Is 2500 inclusive of the cost of the leather? Quality leather is expensive. If you go to all this expense and effort it isn't worth using a cheaper quality of leather such as "pressed leather" (made by compressing together scraps and offcuts from leather manufacturing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Oh yes I forgot to check with Poona. They've generally been steep on everything whenever I have checked. 5500 is indeed steep (considering I'm getting it done at 2500 in Powai at Orchis). Yes, I'm absolutely open to get it done with steering removed and reinstalled. No problem with that.

Let's see when COVID19 allows me to get it done now.
Old 5th April 2020, 17:16   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
That is also an option but you will not get anywhere near an oem fit and finish without removing the steering wheel.
Check out these pics in my Scorpio especially the detail of how it fits near the wheel spokes and thumb contours on the wheel. You won’t get that without removing the wheel.
The place where I intend to visit once the lockdown lifts will remove the steering.

However - like I mentioned, results are good even without removing it. For example - the picture I have included in the opening post is a sample. This was done without any dismantling or removal of any bits of the steering wheel assembly.

Also @audioholic got his Celerio done up without steering removal (not that he was against the removal).
Link to @audioholic's thread post. (My Maruti Celerio ZXi(O) AMT - A rare variant)
Quote:
Is 2500 inclusive of the cost of the leather? Quality leather is expensive. If you go to all this expense and effort it isn't worth using a cheaper quality of leather such as "pressed leather" (made by compressing together scraps and offcuts from leather manufacturing)
Yes, so far the quote is 2500. I am guessing once I reach the place (its in Mumbai) - they'll show different options & the good ones will be costlier. Will choose the better material. Thanks for this tip.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 18:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, so far the quote is 2500. I am guessing once I reach the place (its in Mumbai) - they'll show different options & the good ones will be costlier. Will choose the better material. Thanks for this tip.
They will probably have to order the leather for your car once you pick it - as it has to be cut and shaped before it is stitched on. Have them send you photos of sample patterns and stitches on whatsapp, choose and pay an advance. Then once they say so, drive over early morning to Navi Mumbai and head back the same evening after the 5-6 hour job.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 18:22   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They will probably have to order the leather for your car once you pick it - as it has to be cut and shaped before it is stitched on. Have them send you photos of sample patterns and stitches on whatsapp, choose and pay an advance. Then once they say so, drive over early morning to Navi Mumbai and head back the same evening after the 5-6 hour job.
Makes sense - thanks! Will discuss this option with the owner. (Its actually a factory. Link - Orchis Car.
So there is a probability that they'll have stocks in house for me to choose from.
Old 5th April 2020, 18:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Makes sense - thanks! Will discuss this option with the owner. (Its actually a factory. Link - Orchis Car.
So there is a probability that they'll have stocks in house for me to choose from.
You choose the stock and unless they have some pre cut strips available for your brand of car, they still have to cut and shape. So do discuss first.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 15:22   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Also, Orchis in Mumbai does this job flawlessly. Look them up on Facebook and you'll be able to see pictures of some of their work . You dont need to go to B'lore for this .
So got this done! Thanks to you. Got a nappa leather finish wrap done. 2500 INR at Orchis. They did remove the steering indeed. Job is neatly done. Was done in 2 hours, I waited in their AC office during the entire time.

Pune: Good place for a leather-wrap on the steering?-leathersteering.jpg
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 16:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a professional quality steering leather wrap expert in Pune!
The wrap in the picture has bulges at the seams. Most aftermarket wraps are like this. Have a look at the original wrapped wheel. The seams are flush. Show a pic of a original wheel and ask the guy to do it exactly like that.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 00:39   #23
BHPian

Hi Reinhard,

I was recommended this person named Mr. Manoj Tanksale by a friend who has his own repair workshop. I personally haven't done any work from him as yet, but plan for seat covers next month. I have recently visited his workshop located in Pimpri Chinchwad, Pune. I had planned to install seat covers on my Linea from him this week, but have pushed it to next month due to my budget constraints (Installed 4 Pirelli's P6 today - The car need a new set of wheels - Priority).

He is super conscious about the quality that he delivers and does like 1-2 cars a day for seat covers and a steering wheel depending on the complexity of the work.

His contact details are:-
Mr. Manoj Tanksale
Mohan Nagar,
PCMC - Pune
Ph. - 99606 06633

Also, When I visited his workshop, there was some part development going on for a vehicle seat by a premium car manufacturer (OEM). He does a dam good job. You could get in touch with him and see what he says and what he could deliver to you.

All the best.
acestormtrooper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 08:42   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acestormtrooper View Post
Hi Reinhard,

He does a dam good job. You could get in touch with him and see what he says and what he could deliver to you.

All the best.
Spoke to him, regarding OEM steering wrap. For the OEM finish he needs 2-3 days which suggests that he would be outsourcing the job.

The search for a good steering wrap in Pune continues.
smileline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 10:01   #25
BHPian

Why don't you do at orchis in Mumbai, he takes about two hours to do it. Since your based in pune, hop on to the train get the work done and come back.
I did mine but I am based in goa and my friend hand carried it in the flight. His work quality is very good and they are open to ideas.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 11:13   #26
BHPian

Got my the steering of my friends Amaze wrapped at Jewajee car decors in Chennai. There are many liners who are doing OE wrap these days without removing the steering wheel.

Did not go for Nappa leather (which has a smooth finish) since the grip is better on the grainy ones that Nappa. The work took 2 hours and 15 minutes. Then material used was leather from Genous brand
Attached Thumbnails
Pune: Good place for a leather-wrap on the steering?-img_20201022_180811.jpg  

Sridhar K is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 23:52   #27
BHPian

Quote:
So got this done! Thanks to you. Got a nappa leather finish wrap done. 2500 INR at Orchis. They did remove the steering indeed. Job is neatly done. Was done in 2 hours, I waited in their AC office during the entire time.

Attachment 2063369
Doesn’t removal of steering wheel to do this nullify warranty? I wanted this done on my SCross and Aura but am afraid that it’ll invalidate the warranty. Both the cars have 4 and 3 yrs of warranty left.
Old 8th November 2021, 20:42   #28
BANNED

I heard that Car Cupid in Pashan, Pune also offers leather wrap finish in steering wheel. I am also looking forward to visit them once I get delivery of my Tata Nexon XZ plus. They also offer premium nappa finish seat covers.
Somz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 10:22   #29
BHPian

Hi Somz. I had got the car seat & steering wrapping done in my Honda City 2 years back from Car cupid Pashan Pune in black Napa leather. Quality of work was very good. however in steering they didn't cover the spokes. feeling of Napa leather on hands was very nice. I am planning to get it done again in my ALTIS sometimes this month. will share the pics once done.
Strider24 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 10:32   #30
BHPian

I have a few minor tears on my original fabric seat covers in my Scorpio. Looking for someone who can repair this with an invisible stitch that is not visible. Any suggestions in Pune?

Bonus if they can travel to my place to do it!

Thanks!

Most Viewed