Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2007, 00:10   #1
BHPian

Interior fabric change possible?

Friends!! Just wanted to find out if it is possible to change the interior fabric colors. By that I mean, the fabric on the seats (can cover with seat covers) and mainly even on the doors.
Basically, my wife does not like the interior colors in Fiat Adventure. She may consider it if she is sure that the colors can be changed. Maroon???
It would also help to know the estimated cost for this change.

Thanks
Siva
Old 10th March 2007, 01:00   #2
Team-BHP Support

yes, your interior upholstery can be changed.

we'd gotten it done on our Maruti 800 from a local garage, a few years ago. it was in Bombay, so i can't help you out with who/how much, etc. - the Bangalore members will help you out on that aspect.

costs, ofcourse will depend on quality of material, difficulty of removal / installation and labour required.
Old 10th March 2007, 08:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Not sure about Bangy but I guess there will be people who do it.

There is this place in coimby.. KHOYA's. My uncle in Kerala has been going to him forever .... used to complete transform the ambys, conti's etc. Nowadays he has gotten so popular that I think you need to book well in advance !!
Old 10th March 2007, 09:11   #4
BANNED

Hey Siva,

Of course it is possible and Banglore is the best place to get it done in. You have 2 options go in for fabric/art leather covers which can be fitted fixed style and will look like OE or remove your existing covers and have new covers stitched on. First option depending on quality you choose fabric(2-4k) and art leather (recommended as easy to clean 3.5-6.5k). For option 2 besides being time consuming should cost more in terms of labour, would take at least 2 days.

Hope that helped.

Viper
Old 10th March 2007, 12:04   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Changing the seat fabric is refered to as an upholestry job. Standard stuff altho costs more than a regular seat cover affair
Old 10th March 2007, 15:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi Siva, Like Viper said anything can be done and the costs depend on the material you use. You can even go in for leather upholstry and i think Bangalore has a lot o fsuch people who do custom jobs. Try taking a quote from Stanley, i think they are from Bangalore itself but are a bit onthe expensive side. I would think a good leather job would cost you in the range of 20-25K. for your adventure, including the side panels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks