Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2007, 00:07   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
There is one member @Fiat 1221cc who has a LHD 1221cc machine, his name is Rony Vesuna. He is from Mumbai,

Anyway about this Dukkar Fiat with 118NE engine, one thing I dont understand is that the 118NE engine has the exhaust manifold on the left so how could this car manage to have the tail pipe still on the right?

Anyway I think I am thinking too much already!!
Rony has a fabulous 1100D, (all 1100Ds quaintly had a 1200cc engine, except in India)...his car has never seen rain in its lifetime, it has to be seen upclose to believe....heres his car (he sold it recently) at the Fiat Club rally in January this year.

As for the dukkar with the 118 engine, I got hold of these pics of a similar case in bombay...maybe things will be clearer, maybe even worse, I leave that to you!

Old 15th March 2007, 00:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW dont blame me for being a spoilsport but why this sudden interest in modded padmini's!
yeah true! but then i guess there should be some topic about this car, be it modded padminis / 1100ds or queries about the car.
Old 15th March 2007, 03:09   #18
Team-BHP Support

Planet rocker,

Im suprised you havent reposted this pic of TBHPian "outlaw"s fiat in this thread....looks really good! >

and here is TBHPian "Pepper"s fiat -

cya
R
Old 15th March 2007, 05:55   #19
BHPian

the black fiat is supercool!! OLD is GOLD!!
Old 15th March 2007, 06:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

I know Mr.Behram Dhabar personally and he is such a wonderful person to talk to about cars! I remember he fitting a certain Zen fueljet in my old M800 and it went like a rocket.

There is a white Padmini in Mumbai with flared wheel arches, hugh protruding alloys and blue strips. Its sounds amazing too
Old 15th March 2007, 09:55   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
always dream to have one padmini and modify it till dead one day i will make this dream come true specially after watching this fiat in speedrun
You have company buddy. These Fiats continue to amaze me.
Old 15th March 2007, 10:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

@ Rehaan - my bad . i should have dont it.

outlaw is a very good friend of mine. i have couple of more pics of his ride (with ur permission bhai @ outlaw), sporting 13inchers and FFE:

here is one pic of a padmini belonging to Maneet Singh @ Orkut. AFAIK @ manveet knows this guy!
Old 15th March 2007, 10:54   #23
Team-BHP Support

Nice car. But you should tell him that his tyres are wrongly mounted.
Old 15th March 2007, 14:47   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
.....These are 1:43 die-cast scale models of Fiat 1100 and Fiat 1100D made by a German manufacturer

Source: Modelcarworld

Uh, this is not a 1100D but just 1 model before that....I cant recall waht name it was called but it came just after the Super select & just before the Delite (hence it shares features of both models) although it never made it to India....if you notice the bumpers, front grille, headlamp cowls & bonnet are like those of the Super select while the rest of the body is like the Delite.
Btw, no offence but I feel this should be posted in the scale model thread...
Old 15th March 2007, 15:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyway the Scale model of the 1100d is infact the 1100 select model. It has everything similar to the 1100d from the front door onwards.!!
@stanher - already 1100D told about the difference. BTW are you the same guy (Shyam) who owns a 1953 standard herald (black) and a 1962 "blue-ish silver" 1100?
Old 15th March 2007, 16:13   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D
BTW dont blame me for being a spoilsport but why this sudden interest in modded padmini's!
If Americans can still love their good old muscle cars, why can't we love our modded Fiat 1100s/Padminis??? Ok, they are not exactly Indian but who cares? The Padmini had been a huge part of Indian driving culture and in Mumbai, it still is... albeit in the form of taxis......
Old 15th March 2007, 17:27   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
If Americans can still love their good old muscle cars, why can't we love our modded Fiat 1100s/Padminis??? Ok, they are not exactly Indian but who cares? The Padmini had been a huge part of Indian driving culture and in Mumbai, it still is... albeit in the form of taxis......

I couldnt agree more! Theyre RWD, loadsa fun to drive, cheap, easily available, and if something goes horribly wrong, throw it away and get another one...! ;-)
Old 15th March 2007, 22:36   #28

Few more tips...

<quote> @guys check out the word file link. </quote>
Nice thread.

Reminds me of my 1988 Padmini. Still have it in my garage at my native.

Hopelessly in love with this beauty.

Was in use as primary mode of commutation till 2 years back with average running of 1500km per month.

Mostly stock with original spec tires.

Just 3 breakdowns in approx 18yrs of ownership.

It could easily cross 100km/hr with top speed of 120km/hr, speedo errors inclusive.

Would like to share few tips for general performance and reliability with fellow bhpians still maintaining it.

From top of my head.

Changed the original main jet from 97.5 to Solex 110. – Approx cost Rs15

Changed the original dynamo to 55A Lucas alternator with original Lucas mount bracket - Approx cost Rs2400 + Labor

Retrofitted Maruti esteem water bottle with modification in the radiator cap to act as two way valve. – Approx cost Rs100

Salvaged and fitted the original radiator thermostat (very difficult to get) which was removed by reckless mechanic– Approx cost Rs150.

Got my front and rear wheel bearings packed with Multipurpose Nulon extreme performance L80 grease not sure if it’s still available - Approx cost Rs100 + Labor

Topped up gearbox and rear differential with 5% capacity Nulon manual gearbox and diff treatment oil (comes in 300ml red tube) not sure if it’s still available - Approx cost Rs350.

Installed 90/100W headlamp with heavy wires and Relay - Approx cost Rs600.

Fitted Maruti Gypsy Japanese spark plug wires retrofitted on the distributor Cap side - Approx cost Rs350.

Sealed the distributor Cap with silicon sealant - Approx cost Rs60

Replaced the original distributor vacuum advance tubing with original MGA tubing for Maruti Van. - Approx cost Rs100
Old 16th March 2007, 05:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I couldnt agree more! Theyre RWD, loadsa fun to drive, cheap, easily available, and if something goes horribly wrong, throw it away and get another one...! ;-)
Not to mention, the awesome sound...like a baby Ferrari. Even back in the day it was always the sporty choice compared to the ambassador. The only thing thats not fixable is the rust.
Old 16th March 2007, 06:37   #30

Quote:
Not to mention, the awesome sound...like a baby Ferrari.

It was intoxicating.

I remember driving for few months with rusted Muffler, A simple tap on the accelerator would set adrenaline rushing.

Most Viewed