Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2007, 00:45   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@guys - check out my friends list @ orkut. and look for maneet singh ahluwalia. his cell no is there. but i have no idea as to what is the exact address.

Fiat 1100 @ DOHA, UAE.
  • black leather interiors.
  • pioneer Organic EL Display CD Player with full sound system by sony xplod Woofer 2000 watt .
  • stone shift knob.
  • engine changed to 120y datsun with custom headers.
pics:
check out the PAL logo in the LHD Fiat:
MORE pics of the orange Fiat 1100D at this link.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2545123
Old 22nd March 2007, 03:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
I would seriously like to know about the performance figures of these souped up Padminis...

1) 0-100 time
2) Quarter mile times
3) Engine output.

Please........

1) between 11 and 14 seconds
2) somewhere in the region of 17-18 seconds
3) no dyno figures unfortunately but the 1/4 mile time seems to indicate somewhere in the region of 65 to 70 bhp.
Old 22nd March 2007, 10:33   #63
Senior - BHPian

Slightly but Hey guys, just become the proud owner of a 1961 Fiat 1100/D special. amzingly origional car with all garnishes, bits and pieces intact to a "T" but with a lot of rust. Rescued it (almost) and will start work today. Will post pics as the work goes on (will start a new thread for that) and will need all the tips and suggestions from you knowlegeble guys(maska-maska). It was lying in non care untill Moralfibre gave me the details and immediately i swung into action and finalysed the deal. Need all the help i can get. Thanks and thanks to moralfibre and Karl.

Last edited by V-16 : 22nd March 2007 at 10:36.
Old 22nd March 2007, 11:04   #64
Team-BHP Support

V-16,
With your permission can I post pictures of that car here?
Old 22nd March 2007, 11:26   #65
Senior - BHPian

@ v16 - congrats buddy! i guess you can get in touch with 1100D (PM him) cuz he recently restored his 1100d. check out his gallery. i am sure you will love the ride.
Old 22nd March 2007, 11:52   #66
Senior - BHPian

how about a free flow exhaust note of a 1958 Fiat 1100 ? so what do you guys think?
Old 22nd March 2007, 12:51   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

salilpawar1, the pics you,ve posted are all variants of the humble Fiat 1100 103 series...

the stationwagon was manufactured in india as well for a short while, but is was an in house (read ugly) design...

the 1100 was a favorite of Italian coachbuilders, and there were some gorgeous designs on the subject, with (mostly) untouched mechanicals...

this ones by Frua

this gorgeous 57 is by Vignale.

Old 22nd March 2007, 14:34   #68
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations V-16 paaji! Lovely buy from what I hear, now please start a new thread with the pictures & keep us posted on the restoration process with pictures please!!!
Old 22nd March 2007, 17:26   #69
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Slightly but Hey guys, just become the proud owner of a 1961 Fiat 1100/D special.
Congratulations, V-16.

Per my information the Fiat 1100/D (D stands for Delight)
was produced in Turin, Italy for four years: 1963-1966.

Premier Automobiles Ltd. introduced her in India as a late 1964 model.

So, it's quite probable that an ex-owner of your 1961 specimen
applied a Fiat/1100 D badge from a much later car.
The Fiat-1100D was available in India from 1964-1972.
The 1973 model was called Premier President.
1974 onwards she was called Premier Padmini until production ceased in 1998.

Ram
Old 22nd March 2007, 18:18   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville
the stationwagon was manufactured in india as well for a short while, but is was an in house (read ugly) design...
It was manufactured? I thought only the station wagon of the Padmini (Safari) was sold in India... By the way, the pic of the 1100 station wagon posted by me was NOT Indian.

If you are talking in your post about the Padmini Station Wagon... I doubt whether it was in-house because I have seen 1100D station wagons on foreign websites.

Please clarify...
Old 22nd March 2007, 18:23   #71
Team-BHP Support

My Dad bought a Padmini Station wagon. I guess it was a locally done job, as I don't think it was ever sold like that by the factory. It was his first car, and the car I grew up in. Some good memories in that ol' white bucket! Was sold to a guy who turned it into a taxi, or so I heard.
Old 22nd March 2007, 18:58   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
My Dad bought a Padmini Station wagon. I guess it was a locally done job, as I don't think it was ever sold like that by the factory. It was his first car, and the car I grew up in. Some good memories in that ol' white bucket! Was sold to a guy who turned it into a taxi, or so I heard.
It was sold in India..
Cybersteering.com - Lemons of Indian Motoring History
Old 22nd March 2007, 22:18   #73
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There have been Fiat 1100/103 Station Wagons of all vintages from the Dukkar Fiat through the Millecento, 1100/103, Speciale, etc.

In India, there were hammer-weld-n-putty shops that converted Fiat 1100s, 1100Ds and Padminis to estate cars (in some countries a.k.a. station wagon, variant, kombi, shooting brakes, kombibil...), ambulances, hearses and sedan-deliveries (in other countries a.k.a. delivery vans and panel vans).

The best known of these bodyshops was Starline Auto Builders (SAB) Tardeo, Bombay. They called their offering the Premier Safari.
Premier Automobiles Ltd. shipped partly completed cars to SAB who converted them to estate cars, sedan deliveries, even a mini Thums-Up carrier.

Some even had the front end modified to accommodate rectangular headlamps from a Tata truck. Before Maruti's 800 bowed in 1983, this was the only rectangular headlamped car in India.

Their beauty or ugliness lay in the eye of the beholder. They had curved rectangular recessed tail-lamps and large sweeping windows between the C-pillar and D-pillar and a hatch with washer/wiper equipped backlight.

Many people who bought them, picknicked and enjoyed in them and cherish long lost memories of them. There is room of course for people who couldn't stand the sight of them.

Ram
Old 22nd March 2007, 22:56   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
It was manufactured? I thought only the station wagon of the Padmini (Safari) was sold in India... By the way, the pic of the 1100 station wagon posted by me was NOT Indian.
If you are talking in your post about the Padmini Station Wagon... I doubt whether it was in-house because I have seen 1100D station wagons on foreign websites.
Please clarify...
All 1100 103 series cars were sold as wagons from the factory...in india however, the Premier factory sold a locally designed version, which was very crude and rudimentary in design...Plus there were individual local coachbuilders who would conjure up their own designs as well, as ram stated...

Ram, V-16s Fiat is not a 1100D, but a 1100Special
Old 22nd March 2007, 22:59   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
V-16,
With your permission can I post pictures of that car here?
Sure Kiran post away and u dont have to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
Congratulations, V-16.

Per my information the Fiat 1100/D (D stands for Delight)
was produced in Turin, Italy for four years: 1963-1966.

Premier Automobiles Ltd. introduced her in India as a late 1964 model.

So, it's quite probable that an ex-owner of your 1961 specimen
applied a Fiat/1100 D badge from a much later car.
The Fiat-1100D was available in India from 1964-1972.
The 1973 model was called Premier President.
1974 onwards she was called Premier Padmini until production ceased in 1998.

Ram
Ram, thank heavens tohear from you. where inthe blazes had you disappeared?
Well good tohave you back. Well the R?C book says its a 1100/D, so does a website but in Fiats, im not at al well informed so ill have to check. and yes this is an imported one. could this be a europa? I dont know!??!

Quote:
As far as i remember, President/padmini sold station wagons but they were made to order or very low numbers, delivery vans only with no back sea ting or windows. Then they came out with a Safari model which i think was a starline promoted project as nicholas turned tata mobiles into saloons even the commisioner had a tata mobile convert to a car and that too with armour plating and bullet proof glasses. Was so heavy that it was seen mostly stalled due to overheating, so was later banished to carrying vvips from or to airports as they never had to face traffic...clever na?

Most Viewed