Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2007, 19:56   #121
Team-BHP Support

Ram, don't push me any more. I'm getting nostalgic..

@ Hell Kuul aka Niaz Ali....I met you long back at your father's studio at Kyd Street and also at Barackpore track...May be 1984 or so.. Who was the guy (CMSC) from that hotel Astor and also that gardening/seed shop opposite Bengal Club? Some Sen Gupta if I remember correct.

Put some pictures and specs of your MORSHA
Old 2nd May 2007, 08:14   #122
Senior - BHPian

OT:
but here goes some of the pics i got from Mr. A Ghosh
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...quatrofiat.jpg

Mr. Niaz Ali aka Amby King
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...ncle_amby4.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...ncle_amby3.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...ncle_amby2.jpg

@ Hell Kull - BTW are you Mr. Niaz Ali? OMG dont tell me!

Last edited by planet_rocker : 2nd May 2007 at 08:19.
Old 2nd May 2007, 10:45   #123
BHPian

Sir, please come back to India and share your gyaan with the next generation of Premier Padmini/ Fiat 1100 enthusiasts (although very few in number)......

It would be a dream to see a pumped up Padmini beat unsuspecting boy racers in their modern racers...

Something similar to this... (Click link below)
Premier Padmini with 1.8L Engine dragging alongside Skoda Octavia RS

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 2nd May 2007 at 10:49.
Old 2nd May 2007, 17:31   #124
BHPian

Is this a fiat thread or what?

Hi guys.. i hope those who started this thread dont mind how some of you are changing it...ambi pics tut tut... im trying to stay inside the thread here.. so here is a Fiat i raced in Barrackpore... this car belonged to my good friends the Kumars.. it was designed and built By the eldest brother Ravi, however for this meet the younger brother Rishiand me put this together
this pic is taken during the race and it shows how fast these cars were, we are actually racing among the formula Indians... caning a few of them in the process... thats sexy fiat behind me is none other than the legendary Vijay Kumar from Coimbatore.. that was such a lovely car.. beat it though!!!!

Staying in touch with a hard charging coimbatore fiat is no easy task as this next pic shows... here im flinging the Grp 2 fiat through the right hander on the top of the straight... hanging onto in for dear life

some one suggested that he was the most famous driver out of Calcutta... sorry to dissapoint you but.. this fellow scores a bit higer... His name is Kinny Lall...

any body know of his exploits??? or should i tell you guys... be prepaired to be surprised...

Hastallavistababyillbebaak
Old 2nd May 2007, 18:12   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Kuul View Post
I really thought i would sneak into this forum and just tease the life out of everyone .. but dammm how come so many of you guys know me?.... thats why i came in as hellkuul... blown my cover.. i guess i dont need to say anything .. just enjoy the pics... i have a few more ill dig them up soon...
You almost got me! i was really confused. i had to approach Mr Ghosh's son (Sunny) and he told me that its really you (the young Niaz uncle....he quoted).

do come up with more pics. its great to have you with us.
Old 2nd May 2007, 18:54   #126
BHPian

@ Hell Kull - BTW are you Mr. Niaz Ali? OMG dont tell me![/quote]

i think it is Niaz Ali
Old 2nd May 2007, 19:40   #127
Senior - BHPian

WOW this was my intent. Great

Nice to see that my little 1100d managed to rekindle the Fiat flame. That was my sole intention behind getting her showcased like that (@planet remember I told you this when you joined, one good car leading to two and a lot more).

Now after the initial nostalgia is over...WHEN Should we start the real talking?

Last edited by 1100D : 2nd May 2007 at 19:42.
Old 2nd May 2007, 19:52   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
yup it was driven by Mr Niaz Ali (brother of Nafisa Ali) ...but the car was prepared by Adi Irani.

secondly, its not spit of calcutta...

Please dude/sir do us all a favour and verify what you post......its just that some of us here might not reveal all that we know.

And if need be we can go back 'way back when the foundation of motor racing in this country was laid..' and im talking way back from the 1950s..!

Thats when the first racing events in this country were held....
Old 2nd May 2007, 20:05   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinclaturbo View Post
Please dude/sir do us all a favour and verify what you post......its just that some of us here might not reveal all that we know.
No no, he's right. I mean, look, Niaz Ali has himself written the Spirit of Calcutta was built by his friend Adi Irani, who was a genius.
Old 2nd May 2007, 20:11   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please dude/sir ....

Dude would be more apt than Sir.
Old 2nd May 2007, 21:14   #131
BHPian

Well then...

Lets get into the details..... the engine was bored out to 1198cc ( for the 1st time in this country ). The bottom end was prepared in B'lore by A d Jayaram and sent to Adi for installation....

Not trying to put any one down & all due respects to Cal tuners and Adi.
Old 2nd May 2007, 22:22   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well then...

Lets get into the details..... the engine was bored out to 1198cc ( for the 1st time in this country ). The bottom end was prepared in B'lore by A d Jayaram and sent to Adi for installation....

Well let it come then!

Was it using oversize pistons for the 1100 or were using pistons from some other make. I have heard 50/60 over but not higher than that.

How about the cam?
Old 3rd May 2007, 03:05   #133
BHPian

here we go Controvercy.... lets set the record straight then....A.D Jayram, a man who i have a lot of respect for, had the pistons specially made... he sold the pistons to Adi Irani...(by the way he lives 10 min's away)... Adi Irani, is solely responsible for Engineering and fabricating the "Spirit of Calcutta"... I just Drove it, it was his car ..not mine... and all credit for this win should go to him... at scrutiny after the race, they measured the bore and stroke of the engine, and they came to the conclusion that it was a 1200cc engine, but since it was within the tolerances, they would let it pass... "NO"said adi "measure it again".. and they did... 1198cc.. 2cc under the limit... that guys... is perfection... here is a pic we took later in Calcutta for the press.... thats Adi on the extreme left.. and me holding a "DCOE" carby on the top of the motor pretending its a "IDA"

SO THIS IS A CALCUTTA VICTORY...
Hell Kuul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2007, 03:22   #134
BHPian

Quote:

And if need be we can go back 'way back when the foundation of motor racing in this country was laid..' and im talking way back from the 1950s..!

Thats when the first racing events in this country were held....
let me enhance your knowledge on motor sport.. you seem to have plenty of it.. ....Foundaitons for motorsport in this country were laid in.... 1904... and they were not in South India... it was in Calcutta.... Here is another pic for you.. this is the first official motoring meet in India lets just say your not talking to a Cockhead... I always reveal what I know
and i dont have a problem with it...

Old 3rd May 2007, 12:04   #135
Senior - BHPian

@ cinclaturbo - are you Mr A D Jayaram? i have quoted the statement from the article by Mr. Niaz Ali.

@ v1p3r - thanks man!

@ 1100D - you already know how much i drool about your Fiat. and yes, you are right. just that there are many Fiat lovers in Cal but somehow they dont reveal that.

@ Hell Kuul - how about some pics of the engine bay?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks