Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:58   #136
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ cinclaturbo - are you Mr A D Jayaram? i have quoted the statement from the article by Mr. Niaz Ali.
Not quite .. He is too young to be AD .. See his profile ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell kuul
I always reveal what I know
and i dont have a problem with it...
Is there something else that you might not have been aware of ?? Something that Adi might not have told you ?? Because a few facts dont seem to be tallying .. Niaz , we know you are a great personality .. Just that we dont want your credebility to go for a toss because of certain claims .. Niaz , I believe someone actually asked if you had a picture of the roof of the car ?? Whats so special about the roof ??
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:10   #137
Senior - BHPian

ooops! my bad! got confused by the Jayaram GT project. thanks man!

well here is another Padmini (source: Orkut) - somehow i dont like the strips. the car would have looked much better w/o the strips and with a mesh grill.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 3rd May 2007 at 13:20.
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:11   #138
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Friends:

Can we now move on and
stick to the objective of the thread "Modded Padminis(Fiat 1100)"?

Ram
Old 3rd May 2007, 21:03   #139
Senior - BHPian

Can we now discuss what can we do with our Fiats, so that they are as much fun on a daily basis as some of you might have had before. We can benefit from the knowledge of a lot of people who rocked with this car, but would have been secretive during the competition days but there's no competition now. Its more about showcasing our Fiats. I for one would definitely want more out of my car (ofcourse when I get back to Cal). Where else would I get to have RWD fun in india without having the dynamics of a boat or a barge.

For me, I would want to loose traction more often at the rear on a corner and feel good correcting it, it was fine with my car when it had cross-plies but radials which makes the car handle like on rails have taken a bit of that fun, I figure would need more power to break traction. Right now I generally have to subscribe to crazy speeds and a lot of steering swaying to get the tail moving.

So what we will need is how and where and who can help us achieve this.

By saying modifications, can we keep aside the cosmetic bits (sometimes stupidity). Most of those mods dont even help the car go 1 kmph faster (even that 1 kmph is important). About increasing the flash content, the bling factor that is there in this car would not even appeal to 1 % of the targetted "blingee's".
Old 3rd May 2007, 22:15   #140
BHPian

well guys after seeing so many fiat lovers here n their modded rides, am enthused a lot, we used to own a premier padmini 92model, which was sold after a lil accident, although i was a kid then, i got very much attached to the car. though we did upgrade to better cars later the feel of driving a fiat is never attained in any other car. dorve a frnds padmini recently n was in love once again, with its throaty exhaust, the odd rear wheel drive feeling n its simple to the core feeling. so i have a plan of getting a used premier padmini most likely a S1 with the nissan floor gearbox......... n then mod it to my tastes. so i kindly ask u people to help me regarding the price of a decent S1, its history........ what i shud look for while getting it n if there are any cars for sale in n arnd chennai. i wud also love to hear suggestions on how to go abt modifying it........ have also sketched a rough design of a modded padmini, will post it soon. till then thanx in advance
Old 3rd May 2007, 22:20   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Kuul View Post
let me enhance your knowledge on motor sport.. you seem to have plenty of it.. ....Foundaitons for motorsport in this country were laid in.... 1904... and they were not in South India... it was in Calcutta.... Here is another pic for you.. this is the first official motoring meet in India lets just say your not talking to a Cockhead... I always reveal what I know
and i dont have a problem with it...
Oh!ok ... when i meant in this country, i meant after independence, not when we had white people racing...

Well if Cal is what u consider to be an epicenter of motorsports then it should have been Cal Motorsports Club or something and not 'FMSCI'.

So howcome Cal has been so quite over the last 3 decades....??? Is it just calm before the storm . There are no existing race tracks that i know of nor much of a rallying scene... and u say cal laid the foundations for the sport....THINK back and think again.... if it was not for south india mainly B"lore,Madras and coimbatore....motorsport in this country would have been worse than what it is today. Else we would need to go to "Cal or to Australia" to race.... or have track days.
Old 4th May 2007, 11:29   #142
Senior - BHPian

why are we going offtopic again? this is the Modded Padminis / 1100Ds thread and its better if we can stick to that.

@ 1100D - u said it. those who own the Padmini / 1100D can now make the tweaks so that the cars can go faster. come on guys pour in with your ideas.

@ Suman - CAlcutta Motor Sports Club is now known as Bengal Motor Sports Club

PS: lets just stick to the topic.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 4th May 2007 at 11:47.
Old 4th May 2007, 11:43   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinclaturbo View Post
Well if Cal is what u consider to be an epicenter of motorsports then it should have been Cal Motorsports Club or something and not 'FMSCI'.
Well, just FYI, there was a CMSC - Calcutta Motors Sports Club, way back, way way back. Even in the 50s, there used to be motor racing at Alipur, near the Calcutta Mint (yeah, the place where all the coins & currency used to be made); still have some movies that my Dad had taken in those days, interesting stuff.

I'm not sure but I think the FMSCI came much later........only problem is that the Calcutta part never really got better while the South did.
Old 4th May 2007, 12:25   #144
Team-BHP Support

Ok buddies let us read the topic of this thread and stick to it please. It is not a Calcutta v/s the south thread.

Thanks.
Old 4th May 2007, 12:35   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Hey trigger sorry for the typo . Read subsequent posts to see corrections made to my statement .

Ok got it .Great information / pic are shared on this page abt FIAT
Old 4th May 2007, 19:35   #146
Senior - BHPian

Why is this thread being misdirected. Calcutta or the South, who cares! Motorsports in India is still something which is left to some folks with the money. Otherwise I have even seen a calcutta cabbie wheeltoe an Amby perfectly thru a couple of turns sliding in and out of traffic. So it does not matter that whether Calcutta started it and B'lore Coimbatore, Chennai brought it to where it is today. Infact it has gone nowhere.

But please start a separate thread to dicuss the past present and future of the so-called great indian motorsport.

We for the matter have a Padmini on our hands on this thread where we would like to have more fun with our machines. It is one of the best cars to enjoy RWD motoring when you do not have access to truckloads of money to own and maintain exotic stuff (hence this thread is very important). Now isn't even Motorsport an offshoot of people wanting to have fun with their ride's. So please, please appreciate that spirit, it is this spirit that will help even the grass root people realise the beauty of competitive motoring.

So lets make this thread! Let us have some performance tuners see this thread and tell us what can they do for us. Cos once a few performing Padmini's make their performance shown, lot many more are going to pour in.
Old 5th May 2007, 04:55   #147
BHPian

Im Sorry to go off the topic again, but I have to....just to clear things up....My Story Re: the building of the "Spirit of Calcutta" Engine stands... there is no option on that... I have told you where MrA.D. Jayram came into the picture... we spoke to a lot of people got a lot of advice and then Adi Irani engineered that motor with his own Hands.. so lets not take that away from him... Now For Mr Junior Jayram who is obviously carrying a huge chip on his shoulder... IN my whole life of motorsport, I have never met any one who could bring Racism into motorsport. (white people racing).. you deserve to be honoured for your comments.. we should all remember you for it.. I know I will..you also seem to have a problem with English (white mans language)
I didnt say "EPICENTER" I said "fOUNDATIONS" I cant comment on things i dont know about once i left ...mabe i took the "Spirit" with me.. and we need some new blood to emerge... And finally i see that there maybe some.. im glad they are not of your variety....Your comment on Motorsport... and worse than it is today.... all you need to do is ask inside your family... ask Bobby.. and A.D. is he your grand dad.. or grand uncle.... and give him my regards , and tell him that i still think of him often with the utmost of respect... ask them of the fun we had.. is motorsport really better.... that purple car you pictured... that looks dangerously like a E type from the front (white mans car)... if we had left motorsport to you.. we would probably be racing Camels... or mabe donkeys....you want to come to Australia to Rally? talk to me .. i have enough respect for your familys motorsport heritage to look after you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to go back on the Topic

you now have 98 octain avaliable in India, so for a quick fix , extra perfomance motor... what i would suggest is Deck the head (upping the compression) off center the rocker shaft... do this by putting a metal bush inside the rocker arm then drilling it off center, .. this will give you more lift with a stock cam... and for a carby... use the Esteem primary secondary... we would use a solex of the army Nissan 2 tonner... but the fuel comsuntion goes to hell.. the primary secondary will give you good milage, and a lot more poke when you want it... if possible balance the engine... if not ... the other bits can be done from the top........... take the fan off the water pump... put one of those electric ones.. you will be surprised how much diffrence this makes... i hear (thanks to the u tube clip) that you already have extractors

ok guys stay on the topic... and lets see some intellegence on this site
Hell Kuul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2007, 09:05   #148
BHPian

My Padmini design

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddy View Post
have also sketched a rough design of a modded padmini, will post it soon. till then thanx in advance
Post it soon.....

By the way, I had sketched this Premier Padmini GT about a month ago....

Now ace Team-BHPian Photoshopper SRK has visualised this design with help of Photoshop....

Keep those comments coming..

More improvements on the photoshop design are in progress...
Old 5th May 2007, 09:24   #149
Team-BHP Support

Me and Zakaaaasss were discussing about a car made by Ajay Gandhi. He did a good job but its "all show and no go". Here are the pictures:

Old 5th May 2007, 10:44   #150
Senior - BHPian

@ guys - thanks for the pics.

@ hell kuul - any idea as to who can we approach regarding doing up our fiat in this part of the country. i have enquired with Alok Da (beside Lady Brabunne College - know him?) but he doesnt do fiats any more.

how about the "tuners" making contribution to this thread? like what changes can be made to the exhaust system (keeping in mind fiats have an odd firing IMO), what about K&N Conical Filters, plugs, wires, Jet size, Carb (oh yeah!), bigger radiator, S1 gearbox 'n differential. but like 1100D said more stress on how to make the car go better. also its better to avoid engine swaps IMO (it should be a car with the body and soul of the fiat)

here is one of the most well maintained Padminis owned by Mr. Behram Dhabar (since the car has been shown in one of the automags - i dont have any problem in showing it to you guys):

the car has S1 exhaust system (same as in 1100D's car), Mikuni carburettor, the front grill is from CHROMORORA of Italy.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 5th May 2007 at 10:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks