Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2007, 11:15   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
here is one of the most well maintained Padminis owned by Mr. Behram Dhabar the car has S1 exhaust system (same as in 1100D's car), Mikuni carburettor, the front grill is from CHROMORORA of Italy.
nice to see my pics of 4919 on the forum! I took that pic when Behram showed me the car for the first time, she started on the second crank after months of lying idle...the is "surgically clean", as behram puts it. He would be only too happy to help anyone with padmini related queries...

that grille isnt plastic like the indian cars, though it looks identical...the car is full of these little touches that not many would recognise...

cheers

Last edited by karlosdeville : 5th May 2007 at 11:16.
Old 5th May 2007, 11:25   #152
Team-BHP Support

Karl did you see the monochrome picture of a Millecento with a Padmini put up by Hell Kuul? I think it is not a Padmini, is it?

EDIT: Check post # 113.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th May 2007 at 11:29.
Old 5th May 2007, 16:53   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Karl did you see the monochrome picture of a Millecento with a Padmini put up by Hell Kuul? I think it is not a Padmini, is it?
EDIT: Check post # 113.
well, being a competition car, very likely that many cosmetic items would be changed...assuming the windscreen rubbers, side trim, side indicators, parking lights are original, (very likely the rubbers are) then it could be 2 things...a Fiat 1100 D from 65 to 71, or a Premier President from 72 to 73. (Give or take a few months). From what little I can see of the grille, its a President, as the grille is the main distinguishing factor amongst the 2 cars.
Old 6th May 2007, 07:50   #154
BHPian

Kickarse fiat

Hoi so you dudes think you can mod Fiats,,,, Check out this example of a Hot Fiat i saw in 1981 in Balgalore , at the K1000 start line... dont know any thing about it, but i think the owner of this car raced a grp2 at Sholavaram... cant remembercheers:

and this pic is taken on the track at Barrackpore in Calcutta... my old sparring partner Vijaykumar is in the hotter of the two cars... look carefully at the front of his car.... the engine was so hevaly modified that he had overheating problems... to combat this he installed two windscreen washer bottles at the front and bottom of his radiator... when the temperature climbed, he would throw a switch, and spray the front of the radiator with water and drop the temp... pretty scary for us mortal beings with stock brakes and tyres.....

The reason i put this pic, is for the calcutta enthusiasts.. is.. there is a guy called Satish Futnani.... futnani chambers, behind the new market... go and talk to him... he knows.. how to build a fast fiat engine... tell him i sent you... and say Please when you ask him... he built some very fast engines... this is his car.. and thats me driving
Old 6th May 2007, 10:09   #155
BHPian

well guys heres the pic of ma sketches, the flash from the cam made it a lil blind, will try to get a better pic soon n post it. btw do tell me if this sketch can really be made possible

two other mods
baddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2007, 11:36   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Kuul View Post
Hoi so you dudes think you can mod Fiats,,,, Check out this example of a Hot Fiat i saw in 1981 in Balgalore , at the K1000 start line... dont know any thing about it, but i think the owner of this car raced a grp2 at Sholavaram... cant remember
I would love to pick up alloys with 98 PCD for old Fiats and keep them in stock and use a new set each time I take my car out.
Old 7th May 2007, 22:44   #157
BHPian

ME WANNA GET ONE OF THESE ASAP.....i'd wanna do up one of these critters when i get back home.....(sooon)

be nice to kick some ricer ****e....(if it doesn't work) will always have the option of a RB26 powered so and so......
Old 8th May 2007, 19:27   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
well, being a competition car, very likely that many cosmetic items would be changed...assuming the windscreen rubbers, side trim, side indicators, parking lights are original, (very likely the rubbers are) then it could be 2 things...a Fiat 1100 D from 65 to 71, or a Premier President from 72 to 73. (Give or take a few months). From what little I can see of the grille, its a President, as the grille is the main distinguishing factor amongst the 2 cars.
your right that was 1972 and it was a President... oops forgot all about the president.. for a min...silly me
Old 20th May 2007, 22:59   #159
BHPian

All I got to say CraZZZZZZZZY man wild takes me back to the day when I had my Fiat, I miss my ride man these fiats have inspired me to get one and to build it from ground up when I go back to india in june will look out for one
get ready guys for a new beast, Fiats are back
Old 21st May 2007, 15:28   #160
BHPian

The ultimate Indian car would still have to be a front engine rear drive with a lot of BHP .. great for burn outs and drifting... not forgetting ..blowing the pants of all those Poxy new plastic fantastics......in the 70's i built this one with a lot of mods.. but it was so unrliable, as we broke a lot of the modded bits... but it sounded great and was quite a head turner..

today you could do it just like the bombay guy did with the 2lt of the ambi... gear box of the ambi and mabe the old diff of the ambi... great ratio for city stuff... would it last mmmm

Old 21st May 2007, 15:34   #161
BHPian

This was my roadcar in the 70's.. lots of mods very loud and very spectatular to drive

front engine rear drive... only a true driver wants this combination...with a lot of BHP on Tap

Hell Kuul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2007, 15:44   #162
BHPian

Never tell me an baleno or skoda or santro ao hyundai looks good.. this guys is the real Mc Coy
Hell Kuul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2007, 16:31   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Kuul View Post
Never tell me an baleno or skoda or santro ao hyundai looks good.. this guys is the real Mc Coy
I couldnt agree with you more! Keep em comin...

cheers
Old 21st May 2007, 16:52   #164
Senior - BHPian

wow! nice pics Mr. Niaz.
you said it right - IMO the Fiat is definitely a head turner all the time - atleast in my case. i hope oneday my car will make it to this thread.

keep the pics coming.
Old 21st May 2007, 19:58   #165
BHPian

Nice Pics Hell Kull man I was trying to find the Pics of Team Fiat coudnt find it on the site does any one know where it has been posted pls if u find them post them out here

Most Viewed