Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 20:10   #196
Senior - BHPian

One more funda here, apart from the true centerline of the tire, the outer edge line is also very very important , especially the outer edge (of the outer wheels) is what bears the maximum stress during cornering. The more further out the outer surface the more stress imparted on the bearings. However if the center line is outwards (meaning a more negative offset), the bearings are always stressed even in normal movement)..

But Bearings cost small change, so bling dont cost much, but the true question is, does it really help!
Old 15th July 2007, 00:25   #197
BHPian

cant forget this car. just behind my home stood once mighty in India Premier automobiles...........Saw the assemble and manufacturing of these cars also felt at my dream car once as a kid
Old 17th July 2007, 00:52   #198
BHPian

TY for the info

Hi Ram,

ty for the detailed info - I never knew about it and I am just 3 yrs into cars. Leart driving in a Fiat, and a year later saw this one and got it. Bet had it not been this car, I wudn't have came to know about this.

Anyways - I hardly use my car - just about 40-50 kms in a month - so its almost always standing. Thanks to the traffic, I usually cycle or bike around.

However, I shall get the wheel alignment done and also get the bearing checked. Don't have the budget to get the rims n tyres changed at the moment so will think about it later on.

btw Lancersfx, the tyres are Apollo Amazer - 155/80R14 805 - Tube Type.

Yaser
Old 17th July 2007, 22:50   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaser_cyclist View Post
Hi Ram,

ty for the detailed info - I never knew about it and I am just 3 yrs into cars. Leart driving in a Fiat, and a year later saw this one and got it. Bet had it not been this car, I wudn't have came to know about this.

Anyways - I hardly use my car - just about 40-50 kms in a month - so its almost always standing. Thanks to the traffic, I usually cycle or bike around.

However, I shall get the wheel alignment done and also get the bearing checked. Don't have the budget to get the rims n tyres changed at the moment so will think about it later on.

btw Lancersfx, the tyres are Apollo Amazer - 155/80R14 805 - Tube Type.

Yaser
You got a lower Rolling radius than standard. The Standard car used 5.2-14 cross plies, which amounts to the sidewall being 132 mm. 155/80 amounts to sidewall bein 124mm. The correct dia should be 165/80 R14. So next time when you change tyres, keep this in mind.
Old 18th July 2007, 12:52   #200
BHPian

on the tyre size

1100D, u r rite I understand about the radius and shall keep this in mind next time I get her new tyres.

but as I said, I bought it a cpl of yrs ago as it is and keeping in mind that I hardly use it, looking at the tyre condition(the spare tyre still has its red line) I guess it wud atleast be a decade b4 I need to go in for new rubber

I now wish to have one more FIAT with everything Standard on it

and I even wish to have the older FIAT 1100(the roundish one), paint it a sporty red and chop of the top - bet it would look good. I remeber seeing one such in a photograph long back and it looked soooo soooo cute.

somehow I feel such a thing wud grab more attention on the roads than any of the latest models

Yaser

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th July 2007 at 00:25. Reason: 1 smiley removed
Old 18th July 2007, 17:46   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is Yaser from Hyderabad. .....
hi yaser,
ah!!!, an another fiat lover.
wellcom to team-bhp,

why dont you put a proper introduction thread.

do go through the announcements section.
refrain from using excessive smilies and sms language.
Quote:
...somehow I feel such a thing wud grab more attention .....
Yaser
definitly you would, but those of the moderators attention
Old 18th July 2007, 19:45   #202
BHPian

Hi Raj

Thank you for the reminder. I just went through the announcement section again. You know they say "old habits die hard" and that is exactly what I am experiencing here. Howmuch ever I try, some smiles, etc creep into my posts unintentionally. But I plan to take your reminder and be more careful with my typing henceforth.

Yaser
Old 18th July 2007, 21:05   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I even wish to have the older FIAT 1100(the roundish one), paint it a sporty red and chop of the top - bet it would look good.
Oh you bet! but on this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...-mod-jobs.html
Old 19th July 2007, 00:26   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
yaser bhai,
i guess your car also deserves a place in this thread especially with those front aur scoops on the bonet and the ORVMs

Old 8th August 2007, 22:26   #205
Senior - BHPian

Padmini lovers on this "planet" have gone to sleep as well! Or they are too busy thinking of whats coming.
Old 8th August 2007, 22:34   #206
BHPian

The owner of this modded silver Fiat with Contessa engine is a Parsi living in South Mumbai. He owns a nice workshop and has a modern Spray painting booth also.
I do not have more details but will try to find out through a commom friend.
Yes!, I was also very impressed with the performance of that car. It actually beat a CIVIC in the speedrun.
Old 9th August 2007, 11:14   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Padmini lovers on this "planet" have gone to sleep as well! Or they are too busy thinking of whats coming.
hmmm! not sleeping actually! "planet" has not being doing that well. she is running just fine! but the rear end has been jumping a bit more than usual. rear tyres' pressure is set @ 28. actually i am waiting for "Rampyari's" baby to come down to kolkata and have a look. i dont seem to trust anyone other than that guy.

btw, hows rampyari doing these days.

PS: how about collecting articles n informations related to Padmini Mods / Maintainance? something like this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/512882-post23.html

@ President - not sure about the 1.8T Fiat beating the civic, but she "almost" smoked an Octy 1.8T
Old 13th August 2007, 12:16   #208
BHPian

Check this out!
Premier Padmini with a massive 1.8 Isuzu turbocharged engine.

That bump in the hood is made to accomodate the turbo.

Custom interiors

Wide body kit

Turbo

Another pic of the turbo

This baby clocked somewhere in the mid 15 secs in this year's speedrun.
adman77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2007, 02:35   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
i saw two modded fiats in hyderabad.

2. there is another fiat (white) with twin exhaust pipes (both works) and usually seen in near Road No 1, banjara hills near PM's house. boy oh boy the white one is really loud. the white one was also spotted a couple of times near Madhavpur Petrol pump and it is driven by a guy of around 25.

I think I know this guy. If you are referring to a white padmini with black wheels rims and a couple of racing decals in the Inside, then I know him. He stays close to my house.

By the way this is my first post on TBHP and I drive a Palio and a padmini. Tips needed from members to Mod my Padmini
Old 16th August 2007, 11:29   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
I think I know this guy. If you are referring to a white padmini with black wheels rims and a couple of racing decals in the Inside, then I know him. He stays close to my house.

By the way this is my first post on TBHP and I drive a Palio and a padmini. Tips needed from members to Mod my Padmini
yup! thats the one!

go through the entire thread - i am sure that will be helpful

also check out this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi..._must-see.html

Must see this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/512882-post23.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks