Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2009, 08:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Ot

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post

Are these seats available in India?

They look much more nicely reinforced than the Recaro lookalikes that are commonly available here.
Old 10th January 2009, 20:57   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Is it possible to buy the carbon fiber sheats that could be pasted on to the Hood? and if yes how much are they.
Guys check them out for carbon fiber.

Mauto - Tuning
Old 11th January 2009, 00:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

How much does the after market CF hood for the Swift cost ?
Old 9th March 2009, 03:19   #34

Just did this search "carbon fiber composite hood in india" on google and found this - these guys Eternus India - Advanced Carbon Fiber Composite Materials - Home - they have a lot of carbon fiber composite parts man. Ah my dream come true... finally I can get some for my skoda too. Been avoiding it coz they were damn expensive to import from Malaysia or Singapore. Lemme see...
Old 9th March 2009, 11:35   #35
BHPian

difficult!

yeah, its dificult to get carbon fibre hood for indian cars! its available for lancer and city, ome guys are inporting from thai and some fom japan! But it aint cheap, it will cost you more than 20k.
But, fibre glass can also helps us in reducing weight, it can be made with the help of any fibre moulder out of our metal hood.
Many guys here in coimbatore does that!
Old 9th March 2009, 14:30   #36
BHPian

A friend picked up a carbon fibre hood for the swift in Bangkok for 32K!
Old 9th March 2009, 15:20   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygarcia View Post
Just did this search "carbon fiber composite hood in india" on google and found this - these guys Eternus India - Advanced Carbon Fiber Composite Materials - Home - they have a lot of carbon fiber composite parts man. Ah my dream come true... finally I can get some for my skoda too. Been avoiding it coz they were damn expensive to import from Malaysia or Singapore. Lemme see...
they dont do custom stuff, I have enquired and they were very costly. Try Mauto, you might get some result.
Old 9th March 2009, 19:07   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
they dont do custom stuff, I have enquired and they were very costly. Try Mauto, you might get some result.
Hey West, I checked with Eternus India today. This guy told me that they have started doing overlays also - send in your existing plastic or metal (interior or exterior part) and they overlay it with carbon fiber and send it back to you - within a couple of weeks. According to them any part can be overlaid. This is cheap - even with genuine carbon fiber.

For performance carbon fiber parts they have started doing custom jobs (according to them performance cf parts are made fully of cf and not partially glass fiber or plastic as other parts - these pure cf parts weigh lesser and are stronger than normal components - and cost a smokin bomb) - Infact he has a skoda and even a swift hood available with him, is gonna give me a quote tomorrow - for both overlay and performance carbon fiber part.

They say that if its one off product (custom job) then its expensive because they have to make a master, mold etc. and the cost for the same is recovered from 1 part or 10 parts (so more the part orders - cheaper the individual part).

I suggested this site to him... the Managing Director is going to check it out... young guy... and a formula one buff... was surprised to know of that such a site exists in India... and they supply carbon fiber honeycomb structures to Formula Racing Cars abroad... I am damn impressed man... and awaiting the quote...
Old 10th March 2009, 13:03   #39
BHPian

i have carbon fibre finish at the rear number plate garnish(Zen TypeII)! I got the same stuff like sticker from Chennai, after sticking it i coated a layer of clear over it! Now it almost look like the same CF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Are these seats available in India?

They look much more nicely reinforced than the Recaro lookalikes that are commonly available here.
How much it will cost for those racing low weight seats! Which is the best brand other than sparco, Recaro, bride..
Considering they are the most expensive one..

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th March 2009 at 16:49. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 20th May 2010, 13:01   #40
BHPian

Mauto CF: Hyderabad

Hi Just spoke with Mauto owner Mr Kalyan, very helpful and extremely patient. though they export stuff but also make panels and parts. I was inquiring for my Zen, as per him larger panels like bumpers or hood can be fabricated but they are prohibitively costly. Mostly in the range of 30 -50, also it depends on how the bends are crafted since these can be more tough than existing sheets. He also mentioned about some internal overlay jobs. I plan to visit them and check out pricing and finish before placing my order with them.

But overall didn't seem impatient or rob you of money. Which is a very good sign.

Mauto.co.in Owner Kalyan (23551760) and Davik.k is a member here and works for Mauto.
Old 22nd May 2010, 22:21   #41
BHPian

well check this out , this is my contessa project , and the fiber glass body is obviously way lighter than a regular metal body car, anyway regarding the strength , check it out,

video link:

my thread link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1899895

Last edited by konjaril : 22nd May 2010 at 22:22.
Old 23rd May 2010, 10:10   #42
BHPian

Dude read your project thread in one go, Awesome!! i am following it closely.
May the FORCE be with you!
Old 6th October 2010, 12:56   #43
BHPian

This Thing I Know

As per the video of konjaril, it good for marketing illiterates. What really happened in the video is you hit a small area for a split second on a 7 layers of woven rovings covering around 14 sq mtrs area, the shock is carried and rippled away to the edges. Th force is not sufficient to deform the part, keep in mind metals creep, fiber dont they break. And using a iso resin with good elastic properties to bind fiber is the cause of this nature. Also the part is not hinged, so the shock passed, made the bonnet bounce. It wont be the case if you fix the bonnet and if a car hits on fender for more than a split second. Shocks will pass on to the passengers through chassis, and hinges attached to chassis & panel shears & breaks.

This is the worst design of composite in real time. You might have seen formula one cars, how the debre flies if in impact, all particles dissipate energy in all directions , not allowing the tub get the shocks.

In this design, its same as old ambassodor cars, with thick skins, only change is we used fibre glass which is lighter than steel.

Hence Mr. konjaril please dont consider your panel to be good and put lifes in danger mainly neck injuries. I dont consider you a good designer from this.. Please get your core knowledge right. I think some one also pointed out the same in your other thread.

Last edited by west : 6th October 2010 at 13:10.
Old 6th October 2010, 13:13   #44
BHPian

Thank you for pointing that out west. well i am pretty sure there was two layer of roving and one layer of chop strand on that bonnet, with a gel coat on surface and a iso resin base. How i know there is no 7 layers on it.hmmm..wait oh i know its what i did and dont sit there and judge how many layers it has.

regarding the composite design the front fenders are made flexible so that they can flex while bumping into something and not cause much damage while parts like bonnet, doors etc are made stronger. F1 cars are carbon fiber and the resin used is a 3 stage epoxy both fiberglass and carbon fiber are worlds apart. so i think you should get your core knowledge right and let me be.

As per me not being a good designer i am the one with a reputed job in an italian firm making bentleys spykers alfa romeos so,I dont give a rats bottom if you think i am not good.

Its very easy to just sit and comment on others work.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment is uncalled for.

Last edited by n_aditya : 6th October 2010 at 16:31.
Old 6th October 2010, 13:29   #45
BHPian

i do have core knowledge on composites, If you think CF is impact resistant, you are ignorant. . If its 3 layers and 1/2 inch gel coat, i assumed it by 5 mm thickness you said on video (7 layer roving 600gsm- standard size in good hand layup is 5mm).If its gelcoat you applied load is taken on that . Get some thing from this or >>> I dont care, but dont make these videos on public forums. Please do data analysis and see for your self.

Note from mod: Use of abusive language whether directly or indirectly is prohibited. Please abide by the forum rules while posting

Last edited by tsk1979 : 6th October 2010 at 14:38.

Most Viewed