Team-BHP - Carbon fiber hood
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Carbon fiber hood (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/22298-carbon-fiber-hood.html)

Hey guys,
Can someone please tell me where can I get a good quality but not very expensive custom made carbon fiber hood for my corsa in mumbai?

I don't think there is anybody in India who fabricates Carbon-Fibre body parts so tough luck finding those. However, since your model was sold as the last-gen Corsa in Europe you can easily get a CF bonnet from there which would be a bolt-on fit. It won't be cheap though.

The closest solution you can come to for a CF hood in India is probably matt-painting the hood black. No such luck though with the associated weight-reduction of a CF hood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 392086)
I don't think there is anybody in India who fabricates Carbon-Fibre body parts so tough luck finding those. However, since your model was sold as the last-gen Corsa in Europe you can easily get a CF bonnet from there which would be a bolt-on fit. It won't be cheap though.

Dude i got a temporary fiber hood for my corsa for the speedrun 2007. It cost me just 2500 bucks and weighed less than a couple of kilos. The same guy does it for Hondas, esteems etc. He's charging me 8000 for a finished and painted fiber hood for my corsa.

would a fibre hood be lighter than the metal one? you could put carbon fibre vinyl on that to give it the cf look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 392171)
would a fibre hood be lighter than the metal one? you could put carbon fibre vinyl on that to give it the cf look.

Ya dude, a fibre hood will be far lighter than a metal one. My metal hood weighs arouns 40 kgs while a fibre one will weigh around 6-7 kgs.

There are people who can make nice Fibre hoods. Get one of those made and get it covered with Transperent CF stickers.
Easy and will look good too. I think.

There is one guy here in Kerala who once told me he can do CF work. Dunno if it is for sure. Or just shooting from his mouth.
I will confirm it.

A proper carbon fibre Hood will cost 30,000+ without shipping and duty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adman77 (Post 392197)
Ya dude, a fibre hood will be far lighter than a metal one. My metal hood weighs arouns 40 kgs while a fibre one will weigh around 6-7 kgs.

Well if ordinary fiber hood weighs 6-7kg's.. what will be the weight of the original carbon fiber hood ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by adman77 (Post 392162)
Dude i got a temporary fiber hood for my corsa for the speedrun 2007. It cost me just 2500 bucks and weighed less than a couple of kilos. The same guy does it for Hondas, esteems etc. He's charging me 8000 for a finished and painted fiber hood for my corsa.

DUDE - Read carefully, I mentioned & so does your thread CARBON FIBRE not Fibre. And if you don't know the difference then I don't know why you're posting here. They are two different materials and working with CF is a very specialsed job, unlike fibre.

Why do you think that you don't CF bonnets or bodyparts in Mumbai? That's because we don't have anyone who can manufacture that.

Wont normal fibre be too flimsy at high speed tracks?.

just to get the basics clear... wat would be the issues when changing from a normal hood to a carbon fibre hood..
the car gets really light in the front..how does that affect high speed performance??
mileage im sure will increase

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe_mclaren (Post 397757)
just to get the basics clear... wat would be the issues when changing from a normal hood to a carbon fibre hood..
the car gets really light in the front..how does that affect high speed performance??
mileage im sure will increase

Car get's really light? How exactly can a 1000kg car get really light if you remove 10-15kgs of weight from its front-end? Please be realistic. Unless you're building a completely stripped-out track day machine where every kg of weight matters replacing the normal hood for a CF one is more or less for show only. It does not affect the front/rear weight distribution by any resonable percentage & it will sure as hell NOT increase the mileage. And there would be no difference at all in the high-speed performance too.

guys carbon fiber is too expensive while fiber not you can get the fiber with 5k to 8k max carbon fiber is lighter in weghit and shinyier than the other one
here are the pics you can identify them:
carbon fiber

fiber:

this is like a war up in here and I'd second iraghava on this CF isnt a joke however if you need CF work done try Pming EXtremeG in mumbai.He'll hook you up.