Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2007, 18:09   #1
BANNED

Sunroof in a zen

i have got hold of an electric sunroof and am thinking of picking it up and installing the same. it is a used one and people who know me how much i love sunroofs. ok i do not care about that water leaking thing and stuff, ill tape it up in monsoons heck i care about that. i just wanted to know anyone here has it in their zen. highly doubt it. job will be done inhouse im just not sure if to pick the roof up or not. it is in working condition. its comin to me for dirtcheap by the way...
Old 15th March 2007, 18:40   #2
BHPian

I hope its a webasto sunroof...One of my aquiantances (he is dealer for webasto in Delhi ) has it installed on his 99 model zen for past year and a half and he doesnt have any complaints. Although you should get it installed from someone who has done it on a zen before. Just out of curiosity, how much are you getting it for ?
Old 15th March 2007, 20:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

I have seen a black zen with a sunroof and asked the guy he got it from the dealer and he say he has no problem with it till now
Old 15th March 2007, 21:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

If you love it and dont care about all the problems related to it..like it may just not leak..but pour CATS & DOGS..in your zen..wind noise if job not done properly,after putting it, it might just work for a few days and then the motor may just get jamed and might not be able to open it again....being a used piece! then please go ahead and put it...
Old 15th March 2007, 21:43   #5
BANNED

You're going to do the job in house? Who'll do it? I think if that person has done some roof jobs, then he will be able to look at that piece you have and decide if it is good or not.

Regarding fitting a sunroof, It is a good thing to be done to your car. One thing to remember, the Job is more important than the equipment.
Old 16th March 2007, 03:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
I hope its a webasto sunroof...One of my aquiantances (he is dealer for webasto in Delhi ) has it installed on his 99 model zen for past year and a half and he doesnt have any complaints. Although you should get it installed from someone who has done it on a zen before. Just out of curiosity, how much are you getting it for ?
Are you talking about Mr.G.R Grover form bharat car in karol bagh? and its a white zen right?
Old 16th March 2007, 07:23   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Are you talking about Mr.G.R Grover form bharat car in karol bagh? and its a white zen right?
Yes I am talking about the jazzaed up white zen of Mr Grover. Everytime I go to him he gives me a demo of the sunroof and insists that I get one fitted in my Palio
Old 10th September 2009, 16:30   #8

What did you decide on finally? Have got it installed? How is it now if you have got it installed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks